Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes9 View Post
    AT&T has been the closest in my comparisons. After a 15% corporate discount, with insurance and navigation and 2 gb of data it was looking like around $170+taxes. Still around $20-30 more than what I'll be paying when my contract ends with Sprint, and $40-50 more than what I pay now. Verizon after discounts was $200 for a comparable plan and features.

Edit: forgot to mention that it was for two lines, 1500 minutes, data, text, navigation.
    How did 2G data go for 2 lines? Were you ever close to exceeding the limit? Do you download music or movies or do both lines do much net surfing? If you are streaming (say Pandora) does that count against the 2G?
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Sprint's unlimited data and text plus m2m is a big difference maker...$115 total/mo (not paying the smartphone $10 surcharge yet). Not sure if I can find something similar at the other big 2.

Yes it is a big difference;I guess I'm spoiled by Sprint's unlimited data,text,etc. I too would like to see if there is anything similar on VZ or AT&T. I'm not from Missouri,but would VZ/AT&T people please Show Me a copy of your monthly statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Yes it is a big difference;I guess I'm spoiled by Sprint's unlimited data,text,etc. I too would like to see if there is anything similar on VZ or AT&T. I'm not from Missouri,but would VZ/AT&T people please Show Me a copy of your monthly statement.
    What do you want to see? You can hope on either site and setup a plan to your liking quick and easy.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the input.

It sounds like most people can get away with 450 min and 200 texts per month.

We use 6,000 or more minutes per month and send 8-10,000 texts. We use it for business.

Is there anyone that is capped out on Verizon (ATT coverage stinks in the Bay Area and already left them for Sprint) with unlimited talk/text/data for 2 phones?

I tried to get a rep online to give me the exact numbers and it looks like it's in the $250-260 range before taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    How did 2G data go for 2 lines? Were you ever close to exceeding the limit? Do you download music or movies or do both lines do much net surfing? If you are streaming (say Pandora) does that count against the 2G?
    From what I gathered with AT&T, you don't share data plans. The 2g is for one line.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    Thanks for all the input.

It sounds like most people can get away with 450 min and 200 texts per month.

We use 6,000 or more minutes per month and send 8-10,000 texts. We use it for business.

Is there anyone that is capped out on Verizon (ATT coverage stinks in the Bay Area and already left them for Sprint) with unlimited talk/text/data for 2 phones?

I tried to get a rep online to give me the exact numbers and it looks like it's in the $250-260 range before taxes.
    You can select more than 200 texts, all plans I looked at are unlimited text, I text a ton.

If this is for business have you looked into setting up a business account and not pricing personal plans? You are in a different boat than most WebOS users if you are using for business.

Those of us saying we can get away with 450 is probably because we are looking at ATT with free mobile to mobile.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Verizon Text and Talk, 1400 minutes:

Data:

If I understand this correctly,the monthly bill:

Three lines:$130 per month.
    Three lines data: $90 per month
    Total $220 per month.

Discount 25% off $210 per month = $56.25

Subtotal = $168.75

Guess-estimated taxes $20 per month

Estimated monthly bill = $188.75

Current Sprint bill = $135.32

It appears to me that comparable plans on VZ would cost me approximately $50 extra per month. Am I missing something? Where are the people who say the cost is about the same between Sprint and VZ? Show me a comparable bill,please.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I have the Sprint family plan, 1500 minutes, with seven phones on this plan. (I've been a customer for over ten years, so they let me go over the usual 5-phone limit). The base 1500 family plan for two phones is $130, and I get a 15% employee discount on that, so about $110. Each of the five additional phones is $20/month, so the monthly bill is about $210 for seven phones, plus about $25 in taxes and fees.

Five of the phones are Pres, three are heavy data users, and two are heavy texters (four other moderate texters). We generally don't get close to the 1500 minutes, now that all mobile-to-mobile calls are free and all calls between 7 pm and 7 am or on weekends are free.

So even including taxes, we are at about $34 per phone per month, with unlimited data and texts, and plenty of minutes. If Sprint were to offer the Pre3, each of those would result in the extra $10/month data charge, taking each Sprint Pre3 up to $44/month.

From my preliminary checking, it would be financially painful to switch all seven lines to Verizon. Two or three of us may switch, though, to get Pre3's, even though it will be a bit more expensive.
    Want unlimited data back? Find someone with an iPhone 2, insert your SIM card, connect to iTunes, activate the phone. There is a special plan exclusively for that phone that is $20/month with unlimited data. Agree to terms and conditions. Make a few calls, send a few texts....the next day, switch your SIM card back and call customer service and say you're going to switch phones and you want to be grandfathered into your unlimited data plan. Most reps will do it. If they don't, call back. You WILL get it to work.

Just did it two months ago myself.

Data:

Total $220 per month.

Subtotal = $168.75

It appears to me that comparable plans on VZ would cost me approximately $50 extra per month. Am I missing something? Where are the people who say the cost is about the same between Sprint and VZ? Show me a comparable bill,please.

You must have a grandfathered plan. I just did a comparison for all 3 carriers and this is what I got:

Sprint - $149.98 (1500 min. Family plan 3 lines, unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited mobile to any mobile calling) + $30 ($10 premium data charge on each line) = $179.98

AT&T - $99.98 (1400 min. Family plan 3 lines, a-list unlimited calling to 10 numbers of choice, rollover) + $30 (unlimited texts, unlimited mobile to any mobile calling) + $75 (3 2gb data plans @$25 each) = $204.98

Verizon - $129.98 (1400 min. family plan 3 lines, unlimited Texts, unlimited calling to Verizon customers, Friends and family unlimited calling to 10 numbers) + $89.97 (unlimited data on 3 lines @$29.99 each) = $219.95

So to go from sprint to AT&T you're looking at $25 more a month and $40 more a month to go to Verizon. On at&t you would lose 100 anytime minutes and unlimited data, but would gain a-list and rollover. On verizon you would lose 100 anytime minutes and mobile to any mobile, but would gain friends and family. This is of course before any type of discount.

I don't know what kind of grandfathered plan you have, but a current sprint plan would be $179.98 before taxes.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Damn people still get paper bills??? Just asking =).
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I think the Verizon NATIONWIDE PREMIUM 450 comes in around $79.99 (less if you have some sort of employer discount). I believe Naviagator is free on this plan and you get unlimited text and unlimited Verizon to Verizon calls.

Plan Details

Monthly allowance minutes:

450 general

Per minute rate after allowance:

$0.45 peak , $0.45 off-peak

Included Features
    Busy Transfer
    Call Delivery
    No Answer Transfer
    New Every Two Tiered
    MOBILE EMAIL
    V CAST Vpak $0 For MB
    3-Way Calling
    Call Waiting
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Unl Text Messaging
    VZ Navigator
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    I think the Verizon NATIONWIDE PREMIUM 450 comes in around $79.99 (less if you have some sort of employer discount). I believe Naviagator is free on this plan and you get unlimited text and unlimited Verizon to Verizon calls.

Plan Details

Monthly allowance minutes:

450 general

Per minute rate after allowance:

$0.45 peak , $0.45 off-peak

Included Features
    Busy Transfer
    Call Delivery
    No Answer Transfer
    New Every Two Tiered
    MOBILE EMAIL
    V CAST Vpak $0 For MB
    3-Way Calling
    Call Waiting
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Unl Text Messaging
    VZ Navigator
    I don't think Navigator is free... Where did you see this?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Funny that you mention; when I originally signed up with Verizon I had thought the same thing...that Navigator would come at a cost. I subsequently found out that on the Nationwide 450 plan it was free. I have been using it for several years now, and I have never been billed for my usage.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    Do you use unlimited minutes? The minutes to other Verizon customers are free.

And it's $149.99 for UNLIMITED MINUTES AND TEXTS not just talk. I wish you Sprint ******* would grow up.
    With comments like yours, I wonder who should grow up. What is wrong with any customer of any company performing a compare/contrast of the options and seeking input? That's what free enterprise is all about. We have an open market in this (USA) country, we get to look at our options and pick what is best for us.

I am on Sprint, 5 lines, all of them are Pre "minus" phones. We have unlimited text/data and the bottom number of minutes for the plan, I think 1500 minutes. I use the greatest portion of those minutes for business, the rest of the family falls under the unlimited cell to cell category. The kids text like its necessary for life, me and my wife not so much but we use it.

The cost: ~ $185.00 a month.

(This cost will rise to ~ $235 by the time we all upgrade to next gen webOS phones, I understand that.

I truly like webOS, the rest of the family would likely prefer iphones if they were available on Sprint.

Our Pre minus phones are getting the job done, exchange and pop email and calendar for me, text, phone, email, calendar, minimal app satisfaction for all.

But I would like our phones to have more entertainment value. They have some, not much though, not at least as compared to the market. My wife mentioned the other day about an app that would let her play Scrabble with the kids phone to phone, "not available on webOS"", as one example.

I want that integration between the Touchpad and phone, and I'd like it on Sprint. The jury is still out on this subject. No, I am not jumping ship and running to "onlycarrieratthetimewiththepre3", I get another phone when the one I have no longer works and I can't fix it or purchase another one third party in great shape, so I have time to see what happens, I just hope something does for Sprint, eventually.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I don't think I can afford to go totally unlimited on VZW. I Pay around $158.00 after taxes for two smartphones. One's my Palm Pre + and my wife's Droid 2. We're paying for Nationwide Talk FS 700 Plan. We share 700 Minutes voice, she gets 500 Txt for 10.00 and I pay 5.00 5"2 250 Txt for mine. We each have a 29.99 Unl Data plan and I have the 7.99 TEC warantee, while my wife has the 6.00 WPP warantee plan. I got a work related 20% Off my main line, and finally, I'm eligible to trade up to a new VZW Phone (Main line only) so Palm Pre 3; here I come!!
    Hopefully verizon will come up with better pricing in an effort to snatch all the sprint pre users or sprint (if they get the pre 3) will temporarily drop the 10.00 data charge like they did for some other phones. ::crossing fingers:: I figure it can't hurt.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Has anyone had any luck enrolling into the $69.99 Verizon unlimited everything plan?

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we..._.2eHmH_wkhthE

Found here: Verizon wireless new plan! $69.99/mo for 450 min, unlimited m2m, txt, data! Must call in to get!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Data:

Total $220 per month.

Subtotal = $168.75

Don't forget to add the $10/per phone when you upgrade to a new smartphone with Sprint.

Tony
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast