1.    #1  
    I am really confused.. I've bought lots of apps and stuff for my O2 iPhone 4 in the UK, but I don't know if I should sell it for the Pre 3, I mean 350 is sooo cheap for such a kick *** phone. But the iPhone 4 is still an awesome though and I don't know what to do. Here's things I'm considering...

Hardware - The iPhone 4 really is to die for with the feel and quality, But I'd still love that smooth shiny design of the original Pre anyday! Though I am looking for the Pre 3, I'm wondering if anyone with a Veer or Pre 2 can give me an idea on how the Pre 3 will feel cus of their similar designs.

GPS & Stuff like Apps - The iPhone app store and GPS with the compass is really awesome. Is the Pre 2 and Veer GPS accurate enough to compare? And does the Pre 3 have a compass built in?

Software - Until Moday 6th June 2011, I'd of had webOS 1 over iOS 4 anyday! But iOS 5 with twitter integration looks good too. So will HP or twitter ever release a good app for it? Also, how is the App Catalog getting on, Is it honestly getting larger and with better apps? And will HP take it seriously with updates, like frequently and will they support my Pre 3 for up to 2 years like apple and the i4 ?

Thanks, to anyone that'll answer it all. I will post my reply judging on what you all think soon, I'm looking forward to replies too so Thanks for reading! :]
    SB =================================================================
    You will likely hate the slider on the Pre 3. Wait for the slab.
    you should wait for reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    You will likely hate the slider on the Pre 3. Wait for the slab.
    And you are basing that on what?
    Pre 3 DOES have a compass.
    Try Carbon for twitter client. All the twitter integrations in iOS 5 exist in WebOS long ago.
    Most of the new features in iOS5 are not new to WebOS users.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    [...] All the twitter integrations in iOS 5 exist in WebOS long ago.
    Not particularly true. The new Twitter.framework goes much MUCH deeper than anyone realizes. Like Facebook for iOS, it serves as a single sign-on service, plus much more.

The difference between webOS and iOS (aside from some underlying infrastructure differences/advantages): Twitter works with Apple on an official capacity, likely giving them access to things others don't have.
    Last edited by barkerja; 06/16/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBpalmpre View Post
    Though I am looking for the Pre 3, I'm wondering if anyone with a Veer or Pre 2 can give me an idea on how the Pre 3 will feel cus of their similar designs.
    After handling the Veer quite a bit I can tell you that the Pre3 will feel silky smooth. Think of a light river stone, in the shape of the Pre3 that has been polished by the river. The way they describe the Veer as a smooth little pebble is a good way to describe the Pre3 (without the small part).

Is the Pre 2 and Veer GPS accurate enough to compare? And does the Pre 3 have a compass built in?
    The Pre3 has an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), and compass. The only thing they left out was a gyroscope which they have in the TouchPad. The GPS is nicely accurate on previous devices. The compass is a digital compass, which is fancy words for a compass that won't be affected by the TouchStone's magnetism.

So will HP or twitter ever release a good app for it? Also, how is the App Catalog getting on, Is it honestly getting larger and with better apps? And will HP take it seriously with updates, like frequently and will they support my Pre 3 for up to 2 years like apple and the i4 ?
    WebOS already has some truly great 3rd party Twitter apps in the Catalogue; like Carbon, Phnx, BadKitty, Tweed, and more. The App Catalogue is growing bigger by the week and has all the apps that you would need with great quality. As far as HP taking update seriously, we don't quite know because they haven't shown anything yet on the subject. It can only get better. I imagine that if you have a Veer, Pre2, Pre3 or TouchPad you won't have much worries about updates. At worse, I believe you would have to wait an extra week after the first release it, before they get it ready for your carrier device.

Overall, I believe that you would be happy as can be with the Pre3 and would love the keyboard as it is bigger and very well developed. It seems that the only problems you may have in switching are Apps. WebOS has a group of great twitter clients that provide very distinctive abilities for different people. The GPS will most likely be great. And the form factor will be beautiful.

But as always, wait for the reviews to come in before making your final decision. This way you will know exactly what you are getting before you go and sell your current phone.
    Last edited by Rennat; 06/21/2011 at 12:25 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    One thing to bear in mind is price - people are already thinking about the iPhone 5. That means iPhone 4 prices are falling. I just sold mine and made just over 400 on it, but that's before eBay fees.

Not to pressure you, but if you want to sell it and make enough money to buy the Pre 3 without making a loss, you're going to have to think about doing it sooner rather than later.

Other than that, Phnx is probably the best Twitter app I've used anywhere outside of the official iPad Twitter app (got to love those two-finger drag gestures).
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    The only big drawback with the GPS in WebOS is a lack of navigation software. The built in app, Google Maps is as basic as it gets and we're still waiting for a serious piece of navigation software. WebOS does have a open source navigator (Navit) which can be found on Preware, but it is far from ideal and the only retail navigator for WebOS, nDrive is quite costly. Ironically, compared to other retail navigator software, nDrive is quite lacking and its map data isn't the greatest either.

Hopefully with all the money HP is tossing at companies like NetFlix to have it on WebOS, they invest some money into getting a company like TomTom to give us what we all are dreaming of.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    The only big drawback with the GPS in WebOS is a lack of navigation software. The built in app, Google Maps is as basic as it gets and we're still waiting for a serious piece of navigation software. WebOS does have a open source navigator (Navit) which can be found on Preware, but it is far from ideal and the only retail navigator for WebOS, nDrive is quite costly. Ironically, compared to other retail navigator software, nDrive is quite lacking and its map data isn't the greatest either.

Hopefully with all the money HP is tossing at companies like NetFlix to have it on WebOS, they invest some money into getting a company like TomTom to give us what we all are dreaming of.
    Sprint Navigation is good but he won't have it. But the good news is that it looks like WebOS might be dropping GMaps all together and add Bing Maps which should provide much better service.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Sprint Navigation is good but he won't have it. But the good news is that it looks like WebOS might be dropping GMaps all together and add Bing Maps which should provide much better service.
    He should be able to use nDrive, though. GPS only, baby. Considering I haven't used the app, maybe I shouldn't tout it so much, though.

Could be like my friend's TomTom. It kept trying to send us to Mexico, I swear. Turn left, then turn left, then turn left, proceed south on <insert road here>
    if you want webos, get the Pre.

purchase an ipod touch or ipad and you can keep your ios apps...