1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I ordered my Pre 3 from notebook.de (great customer service, by the way!) and got off the phone with them yesterday. I was told that I will be receiving the device before June 28th!

Just wanted to give you an update of when the first devices were shipping in Germany (I was told I'm one of the first to receive it) and you can be sure that I will give in-depth information on the device. I am also excited to compare it to a first-generation Pre and a Samsung Captivate. So, I'll keep you updated! Thought this might be of interest to some of you.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Thanks. Will be interesting to see if it ships with 2.3 or 3.0. I assume the phone is ready and VZW is holding back in the US to see how the TouchPad does. (sorry to make this about the US).
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Wow thats awsome! I hope it is indeed true! I suppose we will see next week or two!

I feel that if euro distributors are indeed getting them and shipping/selling them around that time- we may have a US announce + release same/next day type event.

If not then I know alot of people will indeed import the thing and toss it on AT&T :-P
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Wow thats awsome! I hope it is indeed true! I suppose we will see next week or two!

I feel that if euro distributors are indeed getting them and shipping/selling them around that time- we may have a US announce + release same/next day type event.

If not then I know alot of people will indeed import the thing and toss it on AT&T :-P
    He said they haven't received them yet, but they should be getting it around the 24th. My guess is that it will officially launch in mid-July in the states. I'm hoping for a quad-band 3G radio so that it's usable on US carriers as well!
    I don't want to add a grain of salt, but I cannot help but think that even though so many retailers in Germany are offering the Pre3 (and pretty much all expect delivery to be around the same time), the release will be further delayed. Why? Simply because of the total lack of information from HP and all the carriers (except that handwritten note in Canada)... It just sounds too good to be true
    I ordered it at Computeruniverse (also great customer service^^) and they just updated their date to June the 24th. But this still is just the 8 GB-Version.

Is it possible that HP will only release the 8 GB Version "free-for-all" and the 16 GB one together with a carrier?

But I would expect them to (at least try to) ship the Pre 3 in each country where they also sell the Touchpad around the same date, maybe even the same day. This would make a whole lot of sense. If no carrier wants it for this date then maybe at least they offer the 8 GB contract-free.

Well, well... a lot of speculation

Update: There will be a Quadband-Version. But for Europe they will use a GSM-only Version with HSPA+ while some CDMA-Carrier (Verizon or Sprint) is going to get a World-phone with 3G-GSM and 3G-CDMA
    Last edited by vito-andolini; 06/16/2011 at 04:13 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vito-andolini View Post
    I ordered it at Computeruniverse (also great customer service^^) and they just updated their date to June the 24th. But this still is just the 8 GB-Version.

Is it possible that HP will only release the 8 GB Version "free-for-all" and the 16 GB one together with a carrier?

But I would expect them to (at least try to) ship the Pre 3 in each country where they also sell the Touchpad around the same date, maybe even the same day. This would make a whole lot of sense. If no carrier wants it for this date then maybe at least they offer the 8 GB contract-free.

Well, well... a lot of speculation
    If they updated their shipping date to June 24th it seems to match up with the info I got. I think what you mentioned about the 8GB and 16GB version makes a lot of sense. I'm leaving for the states for 6 weeks on July 1st, so I sure hope they ship it before then!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Delivery date on notebook.de been changed today, instead of within 2 weeks its now back to 3-4 weeks again.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I hate to say that, but that's what I thought would happen
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Delivery date on notebook.de been changed today, instead of within 2 weeks its now back to 3-4 weeks again.
    I'll give them a call this week and hopefully get an update on shipping status.
    Amazon.de changed delivery date from June, 30th to July 15th. D*mnit, I expected that ... The other retailers shown on amazon.de remain on July, 4th, however.

HP Pre3 Smartphone 3,6 Zoll schwarz: Amazon.de: Elektronik
    Computeruniverse just updated to July the 8th.

So I guess it really looks like it's going to become mid-July.

Now you also can pre-order it at T-Online.

HP Pre3 Smartphone ohne Vertrag ! - t-online.de Shop

Might this mean that T-Mobile is going to promote it? Not that I like this carrier, but I wouldn't mind it if every carrier would sell webOS-devices
    Quote Originally Posted by vito-andolini View Post
    Might this mean that T-Mobile is going to promote it? Not that I like this carrier, but I wouldn't mind it if every carrier would sell webOS-devices
    My T-Mobile Rep some weeks ago said, that T-Mobile will be carrying the Pre3 from some time in August on.
  14.    #14  
    I just got off the phone with notebook.de and they told me that their official HP delivery date has changed to July 17. This is unfortunate for me because I'm going abroad for 6 weeks starting in early July and will not be able to get my Pre3 then. Sorry to bring bad news, guys!
    That is in line with what they say on amazon.de (via notebook.de, that is of course)...
    Thanks for the heads up. It's nice to get some more reliable info even if the news are bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    My T-Mobile Rep some weeks ago said, that T-Mobile will be carrying the Pre3 from some time in August on.
    What is their network and call quality like?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    What is their network and call quality like?
    The best but expensive (compared to other german carriers).