Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Didn't FCC tell us it was 2.3 tho?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Could quite easily be typo, there are some formatting mistakes on that page also. I hope the Pre3 (as well as 2 and Veer of course) are in line to receive the 3.x line at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatila View Post
    I hope the Pre3 (as well as 2 and Veer of course) are in line to receive the 3.x line at some point.
    It has been said that they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It has been said that they are.
    Yes but they also said Pre/Pre Plus/Pixi/Pixi Plus were to get OS 2 as well... and now look what happened.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yes but they also said Pre/Pre Plus/Pixi/Pixi Plus were to get OS 2 as well... and now look what happened.
    True. But the business is not in such a state of upheaval this time. I'm an optimist, you see.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Expansys are now also taking pre-orders when they weren't a few days ago.

More expensive, but perhaps a sign of accuracy!
    HP Pre 3 webOS Smartphone (QWERTY, Black, 16GB) Deals, #Pre3_16GB - Expansys.com UK
    Interestingly when I visit this link on the iPhone 4, I get diverted to the mobile site where the price is £333.33!!

However I can't seem to get any further than that.......
  7. H
    A bit more awake now. If you use play.com through topcashback you can get a 3.5% discount

Play.Com CashBack: Free Maximum CashBack 6.06%
    It's worth noting to people that are not in the UK that Play.com is a very reputable website.
    This is very exciting! I think that a move to a 'SIM Only' contract and buying the phone for £350 is a fairly decent deal!!
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Expansys are now also taking pre-orders when they weren't a few days ago.

More expensive, but perhaps a sign of accuracy!
    HP Pre 3 webOS Smartphone (QWERTY, Black, 16GB) Deals, #Pre3_16GB - Expansys.com UK
    'Discontinued'
    I just bought the Pre 3 from Play.com.

8th July can't come any sooner
    Expansys discontinued!? Gddmit I just ordered it earlier today because it was the first 16GB model around. This getting on my nerves a lot more than it should...
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    It's worth noting to people that are not in the UK that Play.com is a very reputable website.
    This is very exciting! I think that a move to a 'SIM Only' contract and buying the phone for £350 is a fairly decent deal!!
    Well, i wouldn't say it isn't (i've been buying from these guys for over 3 years now), but their pound to euro conversion is quite ...weird (usually it's +4€ extra!), although it may be a vat thing. Personally, i trust amazon.co.uk/amazon.de more for european purchases...
    From Palm UK Facebook:
    "The Pre3 will be made available by mid Summer 2011. Watch this space as HP is the only official source of availability and pricing for upcoming products. Further updates soon."

The 2 ways I read it, could either mean announcement coming up in next few days, or Play is way off so don't get your hopes up.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Play.com have removed both the pricing and release date information for the Pre3 whilst also taking away the 'Buy Now' option...........
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    That's not good

Will be interesting to see what happens to people who have already ordered from them......
    I called them today. They said HP haven't confirmed the release date so they removed it.

Forgot to ask why they have stopped people from ordering it.

p.s is anyone else getting directed to 'treocentral' when they click on a thread? It's exactly the same except the colours and the name obviously.
    So has anyone who pre-ordered with Play.com heard from them, either to cancel the order or to put back the date? I would really like to know if the price will be the same, as I think £349 is cheap.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I did order when the option was available. It was showing on the 'My Orders' page as £350 and Pre-ordered. Now it's showing as £350 and awaiting stock.

I've not heard anything from Play directly though.
    Have they taken the £350 from your account yet? If not, they have no obligation to actually ship you the Pre 3 as they won't be under 'contact' yet. Will be interesting to see if they actually do honour that price though!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast