Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With all the time spent harrassing Sprint, I was wondering if anyone has actually received any solid news from Verizon or ATT reps?
    Ummmmm..."Sprint" has answers. They simply choose NOT to give it to you (us)

Relax. The Pre3 WILL be out. Whenever it is...it is. We will not 'harass' the rank in file enough to get the suits to give us the info we seek.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Ummmmm..."Sprint" has answers. They simply choose NOT to give it to you (us)

Relax. The Pre3 WILL be out. Whenever it is...it is. We will not 'harass' the rank in file enough to get the suits to give us the info we seek.
    Yeah I know that but I haven't seen any ATT or Verizon customers tell of their stories talking to reps. It's Sprint this and Sprint that. I'm a Sprint customer by the way so that's fine with me.
    So far the only indications have been Verizon, owing to some pics of a Pre3 with "Verizon" in the provider text at the top of the display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Yeah I know that but I haven't seen any ATT or Verizon customers tell of their stories talking to reps. It's Sprint this and Sprint that. I'm a Sprint customer by the way so that's fine with me.
    There are a LOT of Sprint customers on here and they (we) have been stuck with the Pre- the entire time.

Also, it is pretty clear that ATT and V are certainly getting it (FCC docs, etc). There is question as to IF Sprint will get it.

I think that explains the discrepancy in the posts / questions.

Hope I did not sound harsh. Did not intend to. When I re-read my post I could see where not having context could make it read as snarky
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    There are a LOT of Sprint customers on here and they (we) have been stuck with the Pre- the entire time.

Also, it is pretty clear that ATT and V are certainly getting it (FCC docs, etc). There is question as to IF Sprint will get it.

I think that explains the discrepancy in the posts / questions.

Hope I did not sound harsh. Did not intend to. When I re-read my post I could see where not having context could make it read as snarky
    Ha..no not at all. I'm just wonderiing what our fellow Verizon and ATT webos friends have heard in their conversations. We've all assumed Verizon, and for decent reasons, but I'm interested in what their reps have been saying in contrast to Sprint. Maybe I'll check out a store tomorrow.
    I am a sprint customer, went to a verizon store the other day just to check out the pre 2. they didnt have one and I told the salesman I would probably switch to verizon to get the pre 3. He just laughed at me and said he was praying that they didn't get it because android was so much better. So I walked out of the store. Gotta love ***** store salesmen
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Coal8 View Post
    I am a sprint customer, went to a verizon store the other day just to check out the pre 2. they didnt have one and I told the salesman I would probably switch to verizon to get the pre 3. He just laughed at me and said he was praying that they didn't get it because android was so much better. So I walked out of the store. Gotta love ***** store salesmen
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Coal8 View Post
    So, a salesman (presumably paid on commission) pretty much said, "You're an ***** and we don't want your money."

Awesome.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I don't get phone carriers. I don't think hp is asking to be a flagship or even for carrier advert of the pre3..what could it cost them to have yet another option for customers to buy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    So, a salesman (presumably paid on commission) pretty much said, "You're an ***** and we don't want your money."

Awesome.
    Ya I know one person is not much but still you would think that if someone says they are willing to switch carriers they wouldnt insult the products they are looking for. at least when I went to att the sales rep tried to be respectful and said he would keep in touch even though he admitted that i would probably know about the pre 3 coming to them before he did. which i imagine is true because he told me the veer ran palm os but still he didnt try to sell me android or ios after i told him how committed i am to webos
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post

Awesome.
    They do make commission (not sure if all of them do). While my friend who is a big red salesman likes android, his tactic is he finds what your heart is more set on. He could care less if its an iphone, android, webOS, or even symbian. Either way he only wants to get money off it. We talk and laugh all the time about it when he talks to customers wanting an iPhone. This is what he told a customer the other day when asked: "So you want an iPhone? Sure! I don't know a damn thing about it but Ill sell it to you if that's what you want! Ill set you right up in no time".

Lol.
    Man, between these horror stories from the retail floor and my own recent experience at BBY ... We really need a tattletale website like the Windows Phone 7 folks have.

No webOS product is going to move in the consumer space if reps are actively discouraging adoption.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    there are about 20 of us on verizon using webos devices, about 15 using att (thanks to the boost from the hotselling veer), and about 100,000 on sprint still using webos.

doubt you will hear much from vzw customers.

/end sarcasm
    I just called Sprint customer service to complain about poor reception at my wife's house (*2 on Sprint phones). They hooked me up with a free airrave. My suspicion is they did this because my contract is up. I asked about HP phones, the customer service rep told me that they are being told "end of summer" for Pre3 release.
    My Sprint connection told me last week that they aren't getting the Pre 3 until January because Verizon has an exclusive on it...he's been pretty reliable in the past and he knows I'm leaving them if that happens so I don't think he's making this up.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

17.    #17  
    Lets keep this thread clean of what you hear from Sprint reps. There's already a thread for that. Otherwise this will turn into yet another Sprint rumors thread and get merged.
    Actually, talking with Verizon and ATT may be our only option.

I happen to still have a Verizon account not being used. Has anyone else left Verizon for Sprint and the original Pre-, then went back to Verizon for the Pre 2, and how complicated was that process?

I remember when my wife and I first went to Sprint and it costing a boatload of money to sign-up and make the transition. It could be painful and I'm holding my old Verizon account helps if we move back.

Would love some input from anyone who has already done this. Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    For switching, dont let any carrier hit you with "activation" fees of 35/45$ per line- or whatever they are - tell them you just wont pay it and its a stupid add on- its true and most "store managers" can authorize not paying the activation fee- this is alittle more difficult when your "phones are free" but if your paying for the phone then they usualy let it slide- also if they say "we cannot waive the activation fee its corporate" then have them take it off of the phones price- or give you a credit.

@Sprint I only had to pay 2x 20$ activations and that was on my 2 parents phones that where "free after pricematching radioshack" and it was waived on my Pre and my Wifes samsung something at the time.
    Happy Verizon customer here, waiting for release of the Pre3 (and the Droid 3) to be able to compare.

Haven’t asked any of the kids working in there for info, but to me it would be pretty silly for VZW to still stock the Pre2 on its display space if it wasn’t going to get the Pre3. *We* all new the Pre3 was coming when the Pre2 came out, surely VZW execs were privy to that info and more.

I just don’t see VZW cutting their WebOS relationship after the Pre2. If they were going to get out, they would have done that after clearing out their pixis and pres and never bothered with the still-born Pre2 (…looking the other way as people realize that seems to be exactly what Sprint has done…)

Oh, and yeah, VZW store reps can be just as immature as Sprint reps, so don’t expect to get anything reliable from the average kid working there.

-Suntan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast