Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Me: So is Sprint going to get the HP Pre3?
    Rep: Is that a computer..?
    Me: Um.... If you arn't aware HP bought Palm so now their devices are being called HP Pre3 instead of Palm Pre3
    Rep: The computer comany bought Palm?
    Me: Yes.....
    Rep: Oh, cool!

Really Sprint.. Really.
    I mean, this is Exhibit A of why each and every single "rumor" or "leak" obtained from a CSR is worthless. Either they're trolling or they're clueless, or (more likely) both.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Me: Um.... If you arn't aware HP bought Palm so now their devices are being called HP Pre3 instead of Palm Pre3

Really Sprint.. Really.
    Really cheesy, cheap s##t. Really considering switching, been drinking the kool aid for too long and am starting to get stupid too.

Funny how everyone agrees webos is a smarter os than droid, but are willing to make the switch to stay with Sprint.

I will be leaving the ghetto come September, unless HP comes in to gentrify the place. Hope getting out of the ghetto will mean getting the ghetto out of me too...lol

Really Sprint.. Really.
    LMao... loosers
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well some people cant afford 150 dollar bill every month on verizon or att -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!

Really Sprint.. Really.
    1) Why are you asking the Support chimps questions about future devices? Sounds like YOU are as uninformed as the Rep. These people work in call centers, reading from manuals, telling you to "try pulling the battery. Try a re-start. Etc" They are NOT some high level "in the inner circle" strategic deployment personnel sitting in a corner office just waiting to get a chance to leak sensitive info to YOU because you asked nicely.

2) I call BS. I'd guess that if you MADE up a phone name and called one of these folks, their FIRST inclination would be to assume it was a PHONE. That is ALL they deal with all day / every day. I'd buy:

Rep: Can I help?
    You: Is Sprint Getting a Cray Super?
    Rep: Is that an Android phone?

MUCH more readily than your report.

Sorry. Just how I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Seriously. We managed to get a plan that offers everything useful Sprint can offer for the same price on Verizon.

Actually more because I get to keep using unlimited data even when in extended 3G coverage areas unlike Sprint.
    Would you PM me with some of the plan details you went with as I'll be switching to Verizon as soon as the Pre 3 lands there...and it will be soon. Thanks!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Seriously. We managed to get a plan that offers everything useful Sprint can offer for the same price on Verizon.

Actually more because I get to keep using unlimited data even when in extended 3G coverage areas unlike Sprint.
    There we go a smart man. Just let everyone know the plan.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    well some people cant afford 150 dollar bill every month on verizon or att -=)
    I am paying for a 1400 minute family plan on AT&T, unlimited text messages for the entire family, $30 data plan(unlimited) on my line, $25 data plan for my wife, and end up paying $215 per month for THREE lines and all of that. So, $100/person for the two smartphone lines plus $15 for the third "dumb phone". Now, it may be cheaper on Sprint for a single line, but the Sprint coverage map isn't great where I live, and I HATE Verizon, so AT&T does the job.

Now, for three lines, two smartphones plus a dumb phone, 1400 minutes, and unlimited text, with data plans, how much would it cost on Sprint?
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I haven't price compared in a long time, but I'm paying $100/mo after 25% discount for 2 smartphones w/unlimited everything on Sprint. We really have 1500 anytime minutes, but with free m2m, and nights and weekends, it's practically unlimited. Although I guess once we upgrade I'll be going to $120/mo.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I am paying for a 1400 minute family plan on AT&T, unlimited text messages for the entire family, $30 data plan(unlimited) on my line, $25 data plan for my wife, and end up paying $215 per month for THREE lines and all of that. So, $100/person for the two smartphone lines plus $15 for the third "dumb phone". Now, it may be cheaper on Sprint for a single line, but the Sprint coverage map isn't great where I live, and I HATE Verizon, so AT&T does the job.

Now, for three lines, two smartphones plus a dumb phone, 1400 minutes, and unlimited text, with data plans, how much would it cost on Sprint?
    i pay about 80 dollars less with sprint and i have unlimited to anymobile which pretty makes my plan unlimited with about 1400 min and unlimited data. if u are going to talk about coverage though that a different story. u have to get and pay for what works for u ... but sprint is way cheaper if u use lots of min.

edit: for example because of the mobile to mobile unlimited in truth i use up about 3- 4 k mins between all the lines. but it never goes past 1000 regular min between the 7 pm night and all the extras. plus i get nav included too
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm curious about what people pay on Sprint that keeps them so loyal.

On Verizon, I pay $75/mo (including taxes/fees) for 400 anytime, unlimited m2m, unlimited nights&weekends, unlimited text, and unlimited data ... and the ability to make a call wherever I want without getting dropped.

Is Sprint really that much cheaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post

On Verizon, I pay $75/mo (including taxes/fees) for 400 anytime, unlimited m2m, unlimited nights&weekends, unlimited text, and unlimited data ... and the ability to make a call wherever I want without getting dropped.

Does that also include gps navigation?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Does that also include gps navigation?
    You mean VZ Navigator? No. Why would you pay for navigation, anyway? It's built in to almost every car sold these days, and if you need it for when you're walking, a map is probably cheaper. I suppose if you're an avid cyclist it might come in handy. But google maps is just as easy - and you don't have to listen to annoying british women telling you that you went too far.
    I think sprint reps only tell you things based off the OS they like.If they like Android phones,they'll steer you away from webos.If you talk to a rep who is a webos fan then you will hear something different.I talked to a rep who had a pre and he said sprint will be getting the pre 3,and touchpad but then again he also said the veer too.But I stopped believing what reps say. Can we stop the reps told me threads please??!!

3 lines 1500 shared mins - unlimited any mobile on any carrier, unlimited nights&weekends, unlimited text, and unlimited data $125 month after easy to receive company discount of 22%.
    Your m2m is with Verizon customers only tho ryt? Sprint has any mobile any time, to any carrier.

You got a good deal. My Sprint is cheaper still though and i couldn't find a comparable plan on Verizon's website at a similar price to what you're paying.

Your plan was $75.00 including taxes & Fees. That's nice.

My Sprint Plan is $65.48 including taxes and fees. for essentially the same. 500 minutes, unlimited weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile any carrier, unlimited text, unlimited data. (FYI: $15 of that is for taxes and fees. i also got my on an Sprint referral plan)

The Comparable Verizon plan on their website was $89.98 BEFORE TAXES and FEES ($59.99 voice + $29.99 unlimited data). 450 minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited only mobile but only to Verizon customers, unlimited data, unlimited text. Not sure what it would be with taxes but surely over $100.

So looks like you got a great deal but i don't see that on the Verizon website. But compared to what i could get on the Verizon site. Conservatively, assuming Verizon with taxes it's $100 just to keep that number round. On Verizon i'd be paying $34.52 more (100 minus 65.48 on sprint) every month. Per year that i'd be paying $414.14 more.

$414.14 a year more to get 50 less minutes and having to pay for mobile calls outside of Verizon. I mean i actually only used like 15 minutes of talk time last month cause i rarely call non cell phones.

Servicewise Sprint is ok for me. i get good coverage except in rural areas and i don't live near a rural area and my most of my family just moved back to a regular city so i'm expecting better reception. it's sketchy i mountains too but all cell companies pretty much stink in my area in the mountains. But at $414.14 savings per year for more services (especially since i make few calls) it's easily worth the savings.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast