Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    I will say though... the Evo 4g was indeed a "Throw all the 'top end' features of every other one" into one and see what we get- if you go back in time and look at the evo compaired to everything before it- the bigger screen was its kick in the pants...its brother the HD missed and then fell over so no one cared about its big screen :-P

The fact that the EVO is still a flagship does say alot- dont get me wrong, I had one and took it back to go back to my pre- I couldent stand the thing- but dont misgive its sucess- the Pre should have been the flagship untill the Evo came out...and kinda was- it just was not supported- its build quality didnt help.

The Pre3 I dont think is going to be a "Flagship" for any carrier- but it is the Flagship of WebOS
    Everything? I beg to differ:

Dimensions/weight 4.8 x 2.6 x 0.5 inches; 6 oz with battery
    Networks CDMA 800/1900 MHz EVDO Rev. A, WiMAX 2. 5 to 2.7GHz; 802.16e
    Operating System Android 2.1
    Display 4.3-inch WVGA resolution Capacitive Multi-touch Screen
    Camera 8 megapixel with Auto Focus and 2x LED Flash, 1.3 megapixel fixed focus front facing camera
    Internal Memory 1GB ROM/ 512MB RAM
    Memory Card microSD™ 8gb included in device
    WLAN 802.11 b/g
    Bluetooth® 2.1
    GPS GPS/aGPS
    Battery 1500 mAh
    Value-add Features HDMI out, WiMax mobile Wi-Fi router, Friend Stream, HTC Sync, HTC Sense, Amazon MP3
    Chipset Qualcomm® QSD 8650, 1GHz

The only thing that thing has over the Pre3 is HDMI out. Everything else is on or below par with the Pre3.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Hey pal. No need to get so agitated.

-Suntan
    Agitated? Quite the contrary. Surprised that you would compile a list for a super phone considerations that probably would put it out of sensible reach of most people's pockets.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Agitated? Quite the contrary.
    More than 5 or 6 rhetorical questions in one post counts as agitated in my book.

Anyway, I notice you still have no desire to actually discuss the specifics of my comments, so I’ll see you later.

-Suntan
    A reminder from the forum guidelines:

Users who join Pre|Central share a common enthusiasm for HP-Palm, webOS smartphones, and related products. This isn't a debate site. It's a user-to-user support community about all things webOS.

Please back off on the debate and focus a little more on being helpful. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    And I suppose you’re the kind that thinks every kid should get “A’s” just for participation.

I gave my reasons. You can discuss them if you want. But just saying “I’m grading too tuff” isn’t much to discuss.

-Suntan
    I actually started, but it didn't seem to make much sense to continue because after I had gotten most of the way through, I didn't see any way we were going to come to any type of agreement. It was just a waste of my time, and maybe yours, too.

To me, it seemed like a lot of your arguments preclude there being any B's that could be awarded in several categories (GPU, Resolution, and Ports, for example).

It also seemed like you drew some fairly odd lines in the sand which would then be used as your rationale behind lowering the grade (the phone would have gotten a "B" for screen if the screen had been part of a slab phone or lacked a gesture area needed to meet your proportional size requirements).

Quite frankly, you didn't grade the phone so much as you established the grade you were going to give the phone and then backed into logic that would support the grade you wanted to give.
    <<posts deleted>>

You know what?

These speculation topics may be fun exercise for our discussion skills, but it just isn't working.
    They accomplish nothing but a bunch of back and forth spatting.

We've changed as a people with how we feel about our electronic device.
    It's almost religious.
    On one hand we have members who fight for webOS in a webOS forum.
    But strangely we have iOS users who appear to be on a crusade - fighting for iOS in a webOS forum.

P|C exists to help members get the most out of their webOS device.
    And as long as people keep approaching these fail/succeed topics as who's god is greater, they will never survive here at P|C.

<<closed>>

--->>> please note:
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...l-members.html
    Just call me Berd.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456