1.    #1  
    I've been seeing all the filings of the Pre3 and the GSM 'world phone' varieties is all that has made any news. Sooo I was thinking that if HP can't get a deal with a CDMA carrier will they make one anyway? It would be possible to be directly from HP and put the phone on carrier....correct? Also will it be better to buy from HP? Won't you get updates alot sooner than waiting for carrier approval? Anyway....my main question was do you think that CDMA (Sprint) WebOS phone will be built soon...not end of year..as one Sprint rep told me.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    they will, HP has signed a deal with sprint to provide prepaid data. i cant see them not putting the touchpad on it. if i could wait thats probably the one i would get because most of the time the TP will be home but when i want to take it out i can alway buy some data
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...plication.html

HP doesn't go through certifying a CDMA Pre 3 for nothing.

Problem is, the way CDMA works (at least in North America and Canada) is that they don't use R-UIM cards, so the carrier won't activate it for you. So even if HP releases the CDMA Pre 3, if Sprint won't activate it, then that's that.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    is it be possible to somehow swap/flash an old Sprint Pre- MEID number onto a Pre3 to make it work on Sprint?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    No. And I also think that is illegal.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The world phone is CDMA and GSM. It is for Verizon's frequencies, 850 and 1900 MHz so it will definitely be on Verizon. Sprint also uses 1900 Mhz so it could be used on both possibly. Not sure if other phones on Sprint and Verizon have the 850 Mhz frequency on Sprint even though it doesn't use it.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Also, what you are describing as buying from HP is like buying an unlocked phone. Can't do that with CDMA. It will have to be approved by Sprint to activate it on Sprint.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Also, what you are describing as buying from HP is like buying an unlocked phone. Can't do that with CDMA. It will have to be approved by Sprint to activate it on Sprint.
    Yeah that what I was hoping for to avoid all the carrier crap when updates are pushed out. I don't want to leave Sprint (was on AT&T yrs back..and hated it) but I'm really fond of WebOS. Android just doesn't do it for me but if push commes to shove when my phone dies....HP will most likely lose another customer.
    What are the chances we can make franken Pre3's with our old pre's and a verizon pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What are the chances we can make franken Pre3's with our old pre's and a verizon pre3?
    Zero. They have different modems.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here