Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just my two cents and wild guess...

On Palm's Canada site,

HP TouchPad | Laptop TouchPad - TouchPad Computer

scroll down to the part where they talk about Touch to Share. Notice they copied the text from the US site, but they added a strange "or" to that line, plus specifically mentioned the Pre3 when the phone's not even available yet.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Canada!!!! eh?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    All I care is to have an unlocked model sold by HP, like they do with Pre2.
    I hope HP will honor the same offer, do we know if an unlocked model will be available in States? I'm a Montreal resident, BTW.

I tend to believe HP will rather deal with Bell Canada as Pre3 exclusivity... they have a tight relation by selling HP laptops with new Internet accounts.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I hope HP will honor the same offer, do we know if an unlocked model will be available in States? I'm a Montreal resident, BTW.

I tend to believe HP will rather deal with Bell Canada as Pre3 exclusivity... they have a tight relation by selling HP laptops with new Internet accounts.
    More along the lines of break out of jail (read: 3-year contract on Pre Classic) to get a Pre3... I like that thought.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    If you call Bell Canada, they will give you a deal on a new phone, even if you are not due to renew. I called Bell yesterday and asked if I could get a new Samsung at discounted price (just to check). They transferred me to another department and the guy I talked said he could give me the phone for $249 with a 3 years contract.

If Bell gets Pre3, I will do this for sure. Otherwise, I will get an unlocked phone directly from HP.

P.S. Who is the idiot who rates threads 1star on a regular basis? Man, some people on this site are real babies that need to stop sucking on mommy's titties and do something more productive with their free time. Stupid morons.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Canada!!!! eh?
    Canada F'n EH!!!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel

You can do what I did, buy it locked and unlock it yourself. That's what I did with my Veer... and I'm also in MTL.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Ya, like the unlocking service posted here on forums. Still, I would rather have the phone factory unlocked by HP. I used the Pre2 HP unlocked until last month with Bell... when I damaged the phone by accident. I run my own business from home so I don't really need a phone... I will wait until Pre3 comes out and stick into it the Bell SIM card I had working great with the factory unlocked Pre2.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  9.    #9  
    If you call Bell Canada, they will give you a deal on a new phone, even if you are not due to renew. I called Bell yesterday and asked if I could get a new Samsung at discounted price (just to check). They transferred me to another department and the guy I talked said he could give me the phone for $249 with a 3 years contract.

If Bell gets Pre3, I will do this for sure. Otherwise, I will get an unlocked phone directly from HP.

P.S. Who is the idiot who rates threads 1star on a regular basis? Man, some people on this site are real babies that need to stop sucking on mommy's titties and do something more productive with their free time. Stupid morons.
    Well I don't need a phone at the moment, I have a Veer now, that should hold me down for now to replace my Pre Plus which is randomly shutting down. But ultimately I still want the Pre3.

I would totally do it if Bell offered to break my contract to get a Pre3, I have this feeling they are getting it. I still think their HUP change to include "specific devices for selected clients" is for Pre Classic owners (see here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-classic.html)

all pres are coming to canada but all the other phones like pixis and veers will not. Well thats what it looks like.
    I called Bell and asked if I was eligible for an upgrade. I've had my Pre - now for 23 months (still works perfectly) and they told me I could pay $220 to do my upgrade early and I was eligible to upgrade to any phone they had. They said I was eligible for the actual upgrade at the end of August, so 25 months into the contract. Figure I'll wait as we're already half way into June. I just hope they grandfather my unlimited data plan.
  12. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Notice they copied the text from the US site, but they added a strange "or" to that line, plus specifically mentioned the Pre3 when the phone's not even available yet.
    Nice find!

I too am hoping Bell picks this up as I'd like to keep my unlimited data plan. I talked to a Bell Store rep a couple weeks ago and he did say they are getting "the new Pre" but I think he knows as much as my left toe.
    hoping Fido carries the Pre3
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    hoping Fido carries the Pre3
    You'd be lucky if Fido even gets the Pre 2. Or maybe Robbers would manage to get Palm to sell them some leftover Pixis.

You'd be lucky if Fido even gets the Pre 2. Or maybe Robbers would manage to get Palm to sell them some leftover Pixis.
    but doesn't Rogers own Fido so I'm sure Rogers will betting the Pre3??? anyhow, no sweat here as I will just take my business to a provider that carries the Pre3..simple as that as I already promised my iphone3g to my 6 year old :-)
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    but doesn't Rogers own Fido so I'm sure Rogers will betting the Pre3??? anyhow, no sweat here as I will just take my business to a provider that carries the Pre3..simple as that as I already promised my iphone3g to my 6 year old :-)
    Look at Fido's lineup right now and you tell me...

Other than the Nexus S which ALL carriers have, do they have ANYTHING modern?

PS- OSM, what took you so long? My thread has been around for AGES without your one star.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 06/13/2011 at 06:01 AM.

PS- OSM, what took you so long? My thread has been around for AGES without your one star.
    Is OSM short for OneStarMoron? If so - I like it
  18.    #18  
    See there are copyright issues to get around...

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    The Pre 3 world phone would be great for me. I live on Ontario and use my Pre 2 on Bell's GSM network but travel sometimes up to Nunavut for work where they only have CDMA...
  20.    #20  
    Pre3 on Rogers? NOOOOO!!!! I don't want to pay GRRF!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast