Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Is there a screenshot available for the Brightstar page? Just out of curiosity
    hm...pictures or it didn't happen, I know...

I'm not totally sure whether I'm allowed to post it, but I checked the legal information on their website, and couldn't find anything related to any non-disclosure things.

So I hope it's ok for them, to be sure, I covered the prices and complete URL :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wow thanks! That is awesome! Let's all (or at least all German residents) hope that this holds true! Can't wait ...
    So the Amazon date is still the same. There's no word on anyone selling the Pre in Finland, so I might as well buy it from Germany. Do you know any other places that might get it earlier, or is Amazon a safe bet to get it as soon as possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by naranek View Post
    So the Amazon date is still the same. There's no word on anyone selling the Pre in Finland, so I might as well buy it from Germany. Do you know any other places that might get it earlier, or is Amazon a safe bet to get it as soon as possible?
    There are a few sites which list and compare all the prices of the various online retailers. The delivery dates they show are varying from mid June over July, 1rst up to "Not yet available". Personally I think that calendar week 27 is the safest bet. But let us just all hope that the amazon.de date holds true!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naranek View Post
    You could order it from notebook.de directly as they are the ones selling it on Amazon, its a bit cheaper on their website than on Amazon.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    notebook.de now gone from 3-4 weeks delivery to 2 weeks.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed! Actually its quite fair, the Americans get the Touchpad earlier whereas we (hopefully) get the Pre3 ...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Hey, hey now. We Americans would like to get both first, thank you very much.
    Germany must be the Guinea Pig for this new device....no other explanation it wouldn't launch in the U.S. first....I was born in Germany so please don't take this as a slight. I just think they want to make sure any bugs are worked out before unleashing the software in the U.S.. Could be wrong, though.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Let's keep our fingers crossed! Actually its quite fair, the Americans get the Touchpad earlier whereas we (hopefully) get the Pre3 ...
    I'd gladly trade you the Pre 3 for the Touchpad

That said, I'm just hoping there's not a ridiculous gap in US availability like there was with the Pre 2... where EU had it MONTHS before the US. Ouch.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Germany must be the Guinea Pig for this new device....no other explanation it wouldn't launch in the U.S. first....I was born in Germany so please don't take this as a slight. I just think they want to make sure any bugs are worked out before unleashing the software in the U.S.. Could be wrong, though.
    Either that or it's just not as difficult / lengthy of a process to get phones "carrier certified" over there-- thats the only thing I imagine holding up device announcements at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Either that or it's just not as difficult / lengthy of a process to get phones "carrier certified" over there-- thats the only thing I imagine holding up device announcements at this point.
    Or, just like the Pre2, no US Carriers want the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    You're killin' me...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

think too that they are having a difficult time picking up carriers
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    think too that they are having a difficult time picking up carriers
    That would be my guess as well. As I said in a previous post, I contacted the German provider (o2), who - like Sprint - was exclusively offering the Pre(-) and they said that they have no plans to get the Pre3, even though they are getting the Veer end of month. I will try to check with the other carriers in Germany as well, even though I highly doubt that they will give me any detailed information. Hence I believe that the Pre3 will first be sold off contact in Germany...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Expansys now lists the 16GB with QWERTY for 439 euro (pre-order) so maybe its not just the 8GB QWERTZ version that is coming to EU.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I'm liking the idea of a carrier free phone / communication system more every day. To hell with carriers and their inflated rate plans, bloated SMS prices and minute packages. I don't know if anyone else sees it coming, but I think the major carriers will either have to adapt or go the way of land-lines, where the younger generation isn't buying / using them.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    I'm liking the idea of a carrier free phone / communication system more every day. To hell with carriers and their inflated rate plans, bloated SMS prices and minute packages. I don't know if anyone else sees it coming, but I think the major carriers will either have to adapt or go the way of land-lines, where the younger generation isn't buying / using them.
    And without the carrier locked phone, you can get a mobile contract with monthly drop out (no prepaid, but a regular postpaid). :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12