Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well it comes to this. my pre- is cracking and pieces are falling off it. it is beginning to do the oreo thing. i dont want to set my phone again.

i have played with my kids androids and i dont like them so it looks like i am off to a windows phone.

this is a sad day as i am totally into the WebOS but i cant wait any longer

anyone else ready to jump ship? different phone? different carrier?
    Yes. I'm also on a Sprint Pre-. I am going to wait for the Pre 3 but I will change carriers if Sprint doesn't carry it.
    I think pretty much every user in here is pretty much tired of waiting and phrases like "planned availability summer" or "in the coming months"...
    i feel your pain... my pre minus is in okay shape, so i'm going to wait til the end of the summer. saves money too

if you do leave, though, please let sprint know exactly why you are leaving. take a minute and drop dan@sprint.com an email. it will help us all. thx.
  5.    #5  
    that is where i am but mine is falling apart and i DONT want to set the phone up again
    seeing as i bought a pre2 and modified it for sprint, im set for a good while. pre2 build quality is much better than pre-.

What i am tired of, is the vague "coming months" and "planned availability: Summer", like PatBateman mentioned. give me a date, even if the date is a month and not a specific day.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have been very steady in my waiting for a new version but i am really starting to get to the end of my patience. I am in the same boat as you with my pre-. For the first time I am seriously looking into other OS's.
    The Pre 2 is a huge improvement. Get one if you can.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have an AT&T Pre+, and it's in good shape, but I want some 'official' Pre 3 news now! I've been due for an upgrade for a month now, and I'm trying to hold out, but every time I walk past an AT&T display the Atrix 4G and iPhone keep calling my name. I want the vertical slide keyboard, but this waiting is getting old. And the webos-info page is still saying to check back "in the coming weeks" for the "alternative plans" since my Pre+ won't get 2.0.

Let's get with it HP, you can keep me as a customer...or not.
    I still my pre-, only replaced once and still no issues. If all holds I will be ready for the 3, I'm sorry for you all that have the issues with a 600.00 release phone, but like all other pro's and cons, I made sure to take care of such an expensive phone and if I can't afford the 3 then I will have to wait even longer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    that is where i am but mine is falling apart and i DONT want to set the phone up again
    Why not find a local replacement via craigslist or some other classified ad and then get it activated with your account?
    C'mon guys! We've made it this far, it's worth it to wait just a wee bit longer. Imagine how you'll be kicking yourself for using your upgrade discount for an Android phone when another 2 months wait, you would've had a Pre3. (let's ignore the whole avail or not on Sprint thing for the sake of discussion here)
    I will wait forever if it is ******* necessary. Period.
    I officially HATE the phrase "In the coming months..." COME HP GET UR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Oddly enough I don't really care anymore. I'm no longer on a contract. I can do whatever I want. Apple did the most important thing to me that would make an iphone a possibility by unleashing it from itunes. I guess everything is an option now(except RIM). I'd rather stay with webos and hence Sprint but the new $10 fee has made looking at other carriers a possibility since staying with Sprint isn't as much a bargain as it used to be. A moth ago I was in a rush to find something. Now I feel much more patient as long as my Pre- can keep ticking.
    I'm getting frustrated. My Pre- is dying, new androids are coming monthly, and iOS looks to be adding some cool features. I love webOS so much, but it looks like my deadline for a new phone is going to be september(end of summer). I've been sitting on an upgrade for months but no new hardware :-( And if it doesn't come to sprint, I'll just be all depressed with my galaxy s2.
    I have kept my pre in good shape, mainly by making sure I open and close slide gently.

the power button is faulty, as many have experienced. But other than that, my pre is fine.

The more I think about it, the waiting is not a bad thing, give us more time to think over it.

Obviously, if you pre is broken, there isn't much choice. But for me, the waiting and delay give me more time to look at pre3 and ask, do I really need it? So far the answer is "maybe". (yes if there will be a working video chat over 3G/4G with a pc).

Rush into buying things is not smart, and waiting can prevent that.
    So sick of waiting. My contract with AT&T is up and I've been waiting since the Pre2 was announced for an AT&T phone...but of course, no GSM contract-subsidized phone ever came, and then the Pre3 was announced. So I'm patiently waiting and waiting for "in the coming months." The Veer is a neat idea, but I need a screen larger than a postage stamp for work. At this rate, even the WebOS faithful are moving on because HP is dragging this out so long - it was already just the really hardcore fans left, and at this rate it's really only going to be the absolutely rabid fans that remain. Sadly, as much as I love WebOS, if HP doesn't get their act together soon, I'm going to be forced to pick a different phone to replace my aging Treo...maybe an iPhone with all the features they stole from WebOS in the new version...Seriously HP - get it together fast!!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    i'm tired! i think im gonna get a nexus s 4g soon...
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    So sick of waiting. My contract with AT&T is up and I've been waiting since the Pre2 was announced for an AT&T phone...but of course, no GSM contract-subsidized phone ever came, and then the Pre3 was announced. So I'm patiently waiting and waiting for "in the coming months." The Veer is a neat idea, but I need a screen larger than a postage stamp for work. At this rate, even the WebOS faithful are moving on because HP is dragging this out so long - it was already just the really hardcore fans left, and at this rate it's really only going to be the absolutely rabid fans that remain. Sadly, as much as I love WebOS, if HP doesn't get their act together soon, I'm going to be forced to pick a different phone to replace my aging Treo...maybe an iPhone with all the features they stole from WebOS in the new version...Seriously HP - get it together fast!!

I agree but just like war you live till the end, and then you can't think about it
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast