Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Well, I guess we got tired of waiting. My wife and I (both Pixi users - Pre before that) switched to Verizon in May after finding out that the Veer was only going to be on AT&T and not Sprint (we refuse to go to AT&T) and there was no clue about the Pre3. That way, I could get the Pre2 and she could get the Iphone4 (We both love WebOS, but she didnt like the keyboard on the Pre2).

Well, after less than 24 hours with the Pre2, reality hit on some seemingly obvious things: The Pre2 was really not any different than the Pre. a) the camera still sucked, b) there were still no apps, c) the battery life was still horrible, d) plus, I really dont like having to slide open a phone to type a quick message (thats why I originally went to pixi in the first place). My wife on the other hand, had 3 DAYS worth of battery life, practically any app she wanted and a camera that actually took good pictures... Needless to say, I was a bit envious.

So, I paid the restocking fee and returned the Pre2 and got an Iphone. I REALLY didnt want to be an i-follower, but I will have to say, its an impressive device. Its also surprising to me that this technology is a year old and it feels WAY ahead of anything I have used so far by Palm/HP.

But I still come here to check back, hoping one day to return to my beloved WebOS. But as of now, its still the same thing: promises of upcoming phones, hopes of Sprint as a carrier, and a lack of support for existing users. I mean, I went into the AT&T store just to see the Veer and the guy at first didnt even know what I was talking about. Then, he was like "oh that small phone and pulled a dummy phone out of a drawer... IT WASNT EVEN ON DISPLAY! Remind me again WHY HP chooses to go with AT&T as exclusive carrier???

I hope that HP can get their act together - they really are gonna have to up their products, apps, and support in order to bring me back, much less bring over someone who is NOT already a WebOS fan...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    True, but what apps are you currently missing?
    Several absolutely crucial Realtor apps, netflix, flash, google goggles, state farm apps, apps for my bank. Words with friends. Sirius. Probably dozens more that I don't even know about because of the current sub-par collection of webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcstunr View Post
    Several absolutely crucial Realtor apps, netflix, flash, google goggles, state farm apps, apps for my bank. Words with friends. Sirius. Probably dozens more that I don't even know about because of the current sub-par collection of webOS apps.
    If you "don't know about them" you're not really missing them, are you? I can see your point on several of those, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_rsp View Post
    My wife on the other hand, had 3 DAYS worth of battery life, practically any app she wanted and a camera that actually took good pictures... Needless to say, I was a bit envious.
    I have to admit I've been cotimplating the unthinkable myself the last couple days.

If I could have/use an iphone without needing to load itunes or quicktime onto any of my computers, I would give it more consideration.

Does/will iOS5 release you from having to deal with those horrid computer programs?

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I have to admit I've been cotimplating the unthinkable myself the last couple days.

If I could have/use an iphone without needing to load itunes or quicktime onto any of my computers, I would give it more consideration.

Does/will iOS5 release you from having to deal with those horrid computer programs?

-Suntan
    A few of my best friends are pushing me to the iPhone as well. One of them works for Google, but he feels the iPhone would be more in line with the user experience I want (an operating system that just works). An iPhone on Sprint at the time of the Pre3 launch elsewhere would be VERY hard to ignore.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I am tired of waiting for the release date, not the product
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

As far as what I have read, yes. They are moving to over the air updates and activation, so I dont see why you would have to use it, except to load music. But with all the "Music cloud" stuff going on, that might not even have to happen... either way, it appears that Apple is getting the point that itunes is their weakest link.
    Just a reminder -- this thread is for discussing the Pre 3 (and those who tired of waiting for it). Those looking for iphone (iPad, iPod) tips will more likely find them at our sister site TiPb.
    So… …ah… …Who’s still tired of waiting?

-Suntan
    I am.

I'm on my second Sprint Pre-. First one was replaced under warranty just before the 1 year mark due to faulty headphone jack.

this one is cracking and crumbling along the edges and is oreoing.

based on all the threads I've been reading, it looks like all indications are pointing to HP working with ATT and Verizon and leaving Sprint out.

I will either get off the smartphone wagon or get an iPhone if it's not tethered to itunes.

cmon HP/Sprint... Give us some solid info on Pre3 release dates!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Tired, very tired indeed but still going.
    Either Pre3 or new WP7 Mango device. (Will def if Pre3 wont come out by Sep)
    Who isn't tired of waiting? No one likes to wait. Unless you've got some kind of fetish or something .....
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Getting the evo 3d saturday.
    Rumor has it July 21st is the Pre 3 date for Verizon. That is still too long to wait. I'm hoping ATT gets it much much sooner.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Everyone on this board is tired of waiting, of course.

My guess (not based on any inside information) is that HP will finally announce the launch date for the Pre 3 the week following the release of the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wfleish View Post
    Everyone on this board is tired of waiting, of course.

My guess (not based on any inside information) is that HP will finally announce the launch date for the Pre 3 the week following the release of the Touchpad.
    I would think that would be the latest HP would want to announce the Pre3.

I don't understand the delay at this point. Everybody knows virtually everything about the Pre3 except how it performs live. There's nothing to lose by announcing a release date, carrier information, pricing or at least a release window at this point.

Maybe the carriers are seeing how horrible the Veer sales look and they're getting cold feet.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I am quasi-waiting for the Pre3 at this point. I left my Sprint Launch Day Pre for an ATT Iphone4 with hopes of selling it when the Pre3 comes out and I can buy a Pre3 off-contract on my new ATT plan. HP already lost my wife as a would be TouchPad/Pre3 consumer, as she is loving her Iphone4 and Ipad2.

My Biggest concern is that when the Pre3 comes out, the only thing it will have going for it is the operating system, as the hardware will be outdated by other phones. And in order to keep pace with others, we will be in another Pre2 situation where it's outdated before it is even launched.

The biggest saving grace I can see at this point is an announced strategic partnership with an HTC-like company to crank out new phones. The more and more I think of it, HTC would be a GREAT partner. If HP can get HTC to abandon windows phone and android, they would have a highly respected handset design group. Windows has gone all in with Nokia, Samsung is cranking out Android like crazy, HTC could take on WebOS and really stand out.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Just my opinion in response to your post, Kaerey (I seem to have lost my quote button):

- The Pre3 hardware already being outdated is only an opinion, and one that not many people share. Even if you do think it's outdated, there are plenty of valid reasons why less GHz on a dual core processor doesn't necessarily mean an increase in performance. Similar comments can be made about other hardware specs ie. screen resolution, etc.

- Windows didn't go all in with Nokia, Nokia went all in with Windows. Other manufacturers will continue to make WP7 phones.

- HTC will not drop android anytime in the forseeable future, especially not to exclusively make webos phones.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Just my opinion in response to your post, Kaerey (I seem to have lost my quote button):

- The Pre3 hardware already being outdated is only an opinion, and one that not many people share. Even if you do think it's outdated, there are plenty of valid reasons why less GHz on a dual core processor doesn't necessarily mean an increase in performance. Similar comments can be made about other hardware specs ie. screen resolution, etc.

- Windows didn't go all in with Nokia, Nokia went all in with Windows. Other manufacturers will continue to make WP7 phones.

- HTC will not drop android anytime in the forseeable future, especially not to exclusively make webos phones.
    I'll admit good points. I'll rephrase my thought. HP should buy HTC and make them the Design group for smartphones and other personal devices. HP hasn't been known for amazing design in the smartphone area, and the Pre form factor isn't enough to entice the wide tastes out there, some people like slabs, horizontal sliders, candy bars, virtual keyboards, vertical sliders, dual screeners, etc. HTC Has made great phones (and not so great) but have a great reputation. With Nokia wanting to be the number 1 name behind Windows Phone, Samsung cranking out a new android device each week, HTC could easily get lost among the crowd, but could bring great devices that would attract device centric people while WebOS could attract the OS centric people.

And I fully understand the difference between the single/dual core chips and how a phone is probably not going to need dual core. I'm talking everything in general. Denser screen resolution, 4G LTE (not just HSPA+), 8mp cameras, larger internal capacity, expandable memory, HDMI. All things that a lot of other phones are starting to come with, and could all be things most OS-neutral consumers make a decision on.

And isn't the front facing camera on a Pre3 a 1.3mp? If anyone's seen the Ipad2 Camera you know it's worthless and I'm pretty sure that is 1.3 (maybe VGA).
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Alas I have used Palm devices since the Palm Pilot but I have also been with Sprint for 10 years now. I am still on the first Pre and never upgraded due to Sprint not getting any further Pre’s. I am going to stick with Sprint and I have taken a look at the Galaxy S II it will be a shame to leave Palm but Palm does not exist anymore and can say I used them to the end. If the Pre 3 ever comes to Sprint I will take a look but HP is not my favorite company as there Public relations suck. They are looking for a new type of customer but like most companies they forget the customer who does not need any advertising or gimmicks to buy there product.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast