Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mihocik View Post
    Waiting is just about the easiest thing you can do. It takes way less effort than, say, logging into a forum and typing a post about how much you hate waiting.
    I don't know about you guys but I use macro's to login and complain.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I will wait. My iPhone 3G will last that long.

But - this waiting for Godot should end soon.

Now I wonder if Godot was the codename for the Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Iíve been a Palm user for many years, and bought my Pre a few days after its launch in 2009. I am an ardent fan and supporter of webOS and the unsurpassed talent of the user community, developers and forums. All that said, I am growing increasingly impatient with HPís performance.

At the time of HP CEO Apothekerís pronouncements several months ago, I was optimistic about the future of webOS, as I believe many users were. As the weeks went by with no launch date or carrier announcements from HP, I kept reminding myself that it would take time for HP to integrate Palmís platform and ongoing development into HPís operations. I rationalized that unexpected problems do occur in the course of designing and producing hardware and software, and that HP must feel the need to remain silent until those problems are resolved. And I was optimistic that the wait would ultimately prove to be worthwhile, resulting in devices that would be the very best on the market.

Obviously, the Veer has been released, and is apparently proving to be a competent and popular device. The TouchPad will be on the shelves soon, and I hope it will be met with similar accolades. But why all the drama about the Pre3?

Like many here, Iím running out of patience. And my respect for HP as a technology company is diminishing daily. As I see it, the failure of HP to even provide any updates (to say nothing of actually bringing products to market) in recent weeks is due to one or more of the following reasons:

• HP's inability to resolve the problems they have encountered in the development of the Pre3
    • the failure to refine webOS and the Pre3 to the extent necessary to earn the interest and support of the carriers
    • an astonishing level of corporate arrogance at HP that results in the attitude that they donít need to be concerned about current webOS users turning to other alternatives, and that the new devices will be so overwhelmingly superior to any other products on the market that people will flock to them and will ultimately forget about the delays

I agree with those who keep telling others to relax; after all, itís just a phone. But I have also been considering this issue in the context of other products I use every day. Would I wait this long for the release of new appliances, or audio equipment, or a car? I donít think so. Especially if I havenít received any new information that would cause me to believe unequivocally that the wait would be worthwhile.

Iíll wait a bit longer, but my loyalty is fading. My contract with Sprint expires in a week. I have considered the Nexus S 4G, but in light of the signal issues reported elsewhere, that device isnít a viable alternative for me.

HP, please prove that my theories are completely wrong. And please do it quickly.
    I agree with you 100 percent. I'm tired of HP's disregard for original Pre owners and I told myself if there was no official news of the Pre 3 on Sprint by the time the Evo 3D came out, I'm done with Web OS.
    Well, yesterday, I plunked down $50 for the Evo 3D.
    Tired of waiting, 4 months since the "Big" Web OS event and while the Veer and TouchPad are here/soon, no Pre 3 news, nothing.
    Farewell HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I agree with you 100 percent. I'm tired of HP's disregard for original Pre owners and I told myself if there was no official news of the Pre 3 on Sprint by the time the Evo 3D came out, I'm done with Web OS.
    Well, yesterday, I plunked down $50 for the Evo 3D.
    Tired of waiting, 4 months since the "Big" Web OS event and while the Veer and TouchPad are here/soon, no Pre 3 news, nothing.
    Farewell HP.
    I don't blame you a bit. Ice Cream Sandwich sounds great to me. HP's taking way too long to move to market or at least clarify their launches. Pre3 or good phone running Ice Cream Sandwich... it's whichever comes first.
    Definately tired of waiting, but not going to give up now. We are getting too close. Pre- hanging on for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I don't blame you a bit. Ice Cream Sandwich sounds great to me. HP's taking way too long to move to market or at least clarify their launches. Pre3 or good phone running Ice Cream Sandwich... it's whichever comes first.
    Not that it matters a whole lot, but the Evo 3D will not have Ice Cream sandwich at launch (2.4). It will come with Gingerbread (2.3).

Nevertheless, should be a pretty cool phone for Sprint.
    google's naming scheme is turning me off big time, so pretentious.

I will not switch my phone to android, but this long waiting has diminished my excitement for pre3 greatly. Since my pre is healthy and working fine, I may just not update my phone at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Dude, I switched from AT&T to Sprint. Trust me, you don't want to pay AT&T $30 more a month for dropped calls and ****ty customer service.
    I figured out the pricing (and after dropping one of my lines from Sprint, which I won't need anymore) the total bill comes down about 20 dollars less than my Sprint bill.

I REALLY liked Sprint's customer service and prices, but you could have all the bells and whistles you want, if I can't pick up my phone to call/text/use data at all then I don't care about customer service. I can't even call them to complain!

It really defeats the purpose, and in my case, it's really getting what you pay for. I have absolutely abysmal Sprint service and I don't mind paying a little bit more so I can actually use what I pay for (even if I do have to be data capped >.<).
    Just find a phone you like and get it. If a webOS phone comes out later, and you like that more, come back to webOS. Its OK! There's no need to feel like you're in an exclusive relationship!

I couldn't hold on to my pre- anymore, after several, so I got a Android... and I'm coming back to webOS ASAP. And if iphone5 comes out and provides the experience I want on my carrier of choice, I'll switch to that. Its no big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Farewell HP.
    hat's not true. the HP Pre3 is said to be available in germany from june 16.
    Quote Originally Posted by templetonryecy View Post
    Not that it matters a whole lot, but the Evo 3D will not have Ice Cream sandwich at launch (2.4). It will come with Gingerbread (2.3).

Nevertheless, should be a pretty cool phone for Sprint.
    Who said anything about Sprint? I'm a Gold Premier Member since I've been with them over 10 years now. My contract is completely up. My upgrade was available last year. I still won't stay with Sprint if they don't get a phone I want.

Anyway, Ice Cream Sandwich is the version of Android that I will consider switching to. Google is doing something novel which HP should take notice of. Google is addressing the main problems most users have complained about regarding Android. User interface, ongoing support requirements, and fragmentation.
  12.    #72  
    that is Germany, how does that help us in the US?

might they be reliesing it there to use as a teest market before it comes to the US
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post

might they be reliesing it there to use as a teest market before it comes to the US
    More likely? No US Carriers want it. Just like the Pre2. This is starting to have a familiar feel to it.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I have to admit that I'm getting antsy in the pantsy while waiting for the Pre3, but my Pre- and I can wait it out a few more months.

My brother and his girl just switched to Sprint and got the LG Optimus S, with my help I have to admit. I would've loved to see them get a Pre2, but Verizon is the only carrier here with it and they're not going to pay Verizon prices (they were looking to get rid of AT&T).

Regarding the Optimus S, it's really not a bad device. It's a free entry-level Android phone with a contract. The phone has a 600MHz processor and it runs smoother than it has the right to. Most of it has to do with Android 2.2 I believe. LG has really done a good job with it, it doesn't feel entry-level. Sprint Nav and Google Maps was really impressive because of the built-in compass. If the Optimus is as good as it is, I can't imagine how the Pre3 will run at 1.4MHz with WebOS; thus, the reason why I'm still waiting.

As far as the UI is concerned, WebOS is still miles ahead of Android, iOS and BBOS in my opinion. I still haven't tried Windows Phone 7 but from what I've seen on YouTube, I'm not impressed much.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post

As I am living in Germany, I would love to get my hands on the Pre3 asap. In fact, most retailers list the Pre3, but they vary as to the release date. I am, hover, not certain if these dates are true. As a matter of fact, I expect further delays. Why should Germany get the Pre3 first? I have no idea... Also, I contacted the carrier who was offering the Pre(-) exclusively and they said that they were not planning to offer the Pre3 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    Definately tired of waiting, but not going to give up now. We are getting too close. Pre- hanging on for now.
    This for me. I am not ready for my phone until like December, but I still want to know the situation ASAP.
    Prē
    june, july, august september......dam thats a long way to go. 4 months...
    It has been a great ride with the Pre and webos but I am certainly tired of waiting. I will be pre ordering the Evo 3D on Friday and couldn't be more excited. Don't get me wrong I love webos and will continue to follow it, but i'm tired of HP keeping us in the dark and not delivering promises. Not to mention, the lack of apps and possibility that Sprint may not get the phone. I really don't mean to be negative and mean no disrespect, it is just time to move on for now. end Rant
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    After reading the anadtech review I am upset now. HP must be sleeping.The delay was understood during Palm days, with no money. Now ??? I have a feeling that HP doesn't care about the webOS enthusiasts but the folks who gets bored after using two years of iOS and Android.
    Iíve got a vacation coming up at the end of June to an area that has 3G but no internet in the hotel. As such, Iím fine holding on to my Pre+ (and 5 GB of free hotspot) but after that Iím upgrading. If the Pre3 doesnít have a firm releases date on Verizon *and* confirmation of Netflix plus Skype (or some video chat program that will work with regular PCs) Iím going to get the droid 3.

-Suntan
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast