Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Don't expect the Pre3 until September (end of Summer)...according to a Palm rep I spoke with. If it doesn't come to Sprint I'll go wherever it lands. Have a launch day Pre- & I'm getting tired of waiting like everyone else so if it costs me more every month I just won't drink as much...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

my launch pre- died a week ago...no power button...oreo...super lag even with oc - almost lost a gf over the fact that i couldnt answer the phone EVER lol...lack of apps...random reboots that took 10 min...crappy battery life even with the extended battery...then the sprint service for me just sucked...empty hp promises and everyone else just sprinting (intended) by hp...i just couldnt take it anymore...i was even using my jailbroken ipod touch 4g for messaging and calls

ill miss u palm and webOS...the keyboard...the notifications...the swipes...the multitasking...you just couldnt keep up in the hardware department...

jumping to tipb now...goodbye

p.s. can i come by every once in awhile? haha

p.p.s. pre- u can still be a bedside-wifi-email-weather-click device...think chumby...k?
    My unlocked Pre+, overclocked, is doing just fine, thankyou, for the last year, now.

It does almost everything I need, except, since Im on T-Mobile so I don't get 3G data speeds. When it comes out "this summer", Im sure the Pre 3 will, once again, not be using T-Mobile data frequencies and I will likely wind up buying one and then unlocking it to use it with EDGE and wifi only, so that I can take advantage of the larger screen and keyboard, and the software upgrade path that WebOS 3 will eventually bring to it - staying on the Pre+ is an "OS dead end", unfortunately, and that is disappointing, but, its the reality that I have come to terms with. The hardware is there to support the new features, but, not in the way Enyo and WebOS 3.0 needs it to be.

I don't need to have the latest or greatest smartphone, but, I do want to make sure that what I have is being supported well enough to use all of the hardware it has.

It's been an interesting ride with HP, this past year - we'll see how this goes over the next few months - so far, 6 months, 1 device released - HP said last year that they plan an average of 1 device every two months for 6 devices in 2012 - if that is still their plan, then we might see an onslought of WebOS devices in the last half of this year.

And, yes, lots of great new smartphones coming out all of the time.. some incredible hardware, too, but, in the end, a smartphone has to work as one needs to to be, or else its just an expensive toy - its the OS that makes the long term difference - the hardware is good for a day or two of excitement, and then eventually goes away...

Last edited by LCGuy; 06/07/2011 at 06:35 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    My unlocked Pre+, overclocked is doing just fine, thankyou, for the last year, now.

It does almost everything I need, except, since Im on T-Mobile, I don't get 3G data speeds. When it comes out "this summer", Im sure the Pre 3 will, once again, ignore T-Mobile customers, and, I will likely winding up buying one, and unlocking it, to take advantage of the larger screen and keyboard, and the software upgrade path that WebOS 3 will eventually bring to it - staying on the Pre+ is an OS dead end, unfortunately, and that is disappointing, but, its the reality.

I don't need to have the latest or greatest smartphone, but, I do want to make sure that what I have is being supported well enough to use all of the hardware it has.

It's been an interesting ride with HP, this past year - we'll see how this goes over the next few months - so far, 6 months, 1 device released - HP said last year that they plan an average of 1 device every two months for 6 devices in 2012 - if that is still their plan, then we might see an onslought of WebOS devices in the last half of this year.

If you can convince Palm to partner up with Wind or Mobilicity up here, you might be able to get it on T-Mobile...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    We should get as many ppl together as possible and try and get #tiredofwaiting (or something like that) up on Twitter's trends in order to push HP to get their act together ...
    I'm not tired of waiting. I could wait a few more months.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Iíve been a Palm user for many years, and bought my Pre a few days after its launch in 2009. I am an ardent fan and supporter of webOS and the unsurpassed talent of the user community, developers and forums. All that said, I am growing increasingly impatient with HPís performance.

At the time of HP CEO Apothekerís pronouncements several months ago, I was optimistic about the future of webOS, as I believe many users were. As the weeks went by with no launch date or carrier announcements from HP, I kept reminding myself that it would take time for HP to integrate Palmís platform and ongoing development into HPís operations. I rationalized that unexpected problems do occur in the course of designing and producing hardware and software, and that HP must feel the need to remain silent until those problems are resolved. And I was optimistic that the wait would ultimately prove to be worthwhile, resulting in devices that would be the very best on the market.

Obviously, the Veer has been released, and is apparently proving to be a competent and popular device. The TouchPad will be on the shelves soon, and I hope it will be met with similar accolades. But why all the drama about the Pre3?

Like many here, Iím running out of patience. And my respect for HP as a technology company is diminishing daily. As I see it, the failure of HP to even provide any updates (to say nothing of actually bringing products to market) in recent weeks is due to one or more of the following reasons:

• HP's inability to resolve the problems they have encountered in the development of the Pre3
    • the failure to refine webOS and the Pre3 to the extent necessary to earn the interest and support of the carriers
    • an astonishing level of corporate arrogance at HP that results in the attitude that they donít need to be concerned about current webOS users turning to other alternatives, and that the new devices will be so overwhelmingly superior to any other products on the market that people will flock to them and will ultimately forget about the delays

I agree with those who keep telling others to relax; after all, itís just a phone. But I have also been considering this issue in the context of other products I use every day. Would I wait this long for the release of new appliances, or audio equipment, or a car? I donít think so. Especially if I havenít received any new information that would cause me to believe unequivocally that the wait would be worthwhile.

Iíll wait a bit longer, but my loyalty is fading. My contract with Sprint expires in a week. I have considered the Nexus S 4G, but in light of the signal issues reported elsewhere, that device isnít a viable alternative for me.

HP, please prove that my theories are completely wrong. And please do it quickly.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I too am waiting patiently but my phone is on it's last leg. I have the USB crack and the screen is having problems responding at times. Please get a Pre3 or he Slab out as soon a possible.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I agree with gc916 on most of his points. However, I'm not sure that the "it’s just a phone" point of view is really as cut and dried as it sounds when you read it on the screen. Yeah, it is "just a phone" from a conceptual level. However, these days people rely on their phone for so much more than simply placing/receiving phone calls. It has become...

- a daily planner
    - a web browser
    - a portable game system
    - a social network updater
    - an email system
    - a quick communicator (SMS/MMS/IM)
    - a GPS
    - a camera
    - an eBook reader
    - a post-it note
    - a watch
    - a flashlight

... and God only knows what else that I have forgotten, all in one small, hand-held device.

We've come to rely on our phones to the point where most of us would feel lost if we forgot it at home and couldn't have it with us for a day. Additionally, we're all here because we love what Palm brought to us with this operating system. There is nothing (in my mind) even close to it with regard to elegance and multi-tasking and I do not want to leave it behind. However, if HP continues to falter and lag behind they'll leave a lot of us with no other alternative. It's been what, over 3 months now since the initial announcement without so much as a whisper of an update on its progress.

The fact is that we've all held on to our Pre's this long for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is because we simply love the operating system and the potential it has. I would venture to say that the vast majority of us would stay loyal to WebOS if HP even showed a hint of caring. However, I, for one, am losing patience and confidence in them. And, I'm not sure that I can continue to entrust a device that has become so integrated into my everyday life to a company that seemingly doesn't care.
    Last edited by blaidan; 06/07/2011 at 08:55 AM.
    I've had my Pre since Sept '09. I had it replaced once a month, for four straight months beginning in December of '10. That was a pain in the neck due to the Sprint repair shop being 45 minutes away.

However, I'm not sure why I'm just now realizing how easy it looks to get together a Franken Pre 2. I REALLY hope there is a release date/carrier information about the Pre 3 coming very soon, otherwise I'm going to drop the couple hundred to buy a Pre 2 and stay on Sprint. The money saved I think will be better in the long run, and I can purchase whatever phone may be in the pipeline later on down the road.

I won't switch to Android. I love webOS and I will continue to by purchasing a TouchPad on launch day because I know, after these products get out to the public, HP won't be beating around the bush on launches after this. They should have a steady release schedule. Remember, HP hasn't even owned Palm for a year yet... I still maintain that they started fresh. Basically a new part of the company, but the OS has just been in development for a couple of years.
    Makes you wonder if HP is doing this on purpose to wine out the straggler pre- users. I've already moved on (Nexus S 4G). I'll play with the touchpad but without a webOS phone I don't see a full use for it. Since I use a Windows PC, i'd rather have a Windows Tablet at this point. My brother bought the Acer Iconia W500, amazing little device.

Currently at home, I have a HP Netbook, Full Tower Custom PC, and a Toshiba 15in 3D Laptop. I barely use the 3D Laptop and HP Netbook. I will likly replace my HP Netbook with somthing this year. A TouchPad will just limit me I fear.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 06/07/2011 at 09:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Waiting is just about the easiest thing you can do. It takes way less effort than, say, logging into a forum and typing a post about how much you hate waiting.
    Gonna wait for the Discovery 2011 conference to end...if they make an announcement for Sprint, then i will stay if not I'm off to Evo3d it was a nice run with 2009 pre minus, sadly my power button and battery is all messed up. I believe giving 2 years to get a new HP/Palm phone on Sprint is fair enough deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Makes you wonder if HP is doing this on purpose to wine out the straggler pre- users. I've already moved on (Nexus S 4G). I'll play with the touchpad but without a webOS phone I don't see a full use for it. Since I use a Windows PC, i'd rather have a Windows Tablet at this point. My brother bought the Acer Iconia W500, amazing little device.

Currently at home, I have a HP Netbook, Full Tower Custom PC, and a Toshiba 15in 3D Laptop. I barely use the 3D Laptop and HP Netbook. I will likly replace my HP Netbook with somthing this year. A TouchPad will just limit me I fear.
    No, HP just doesn't understand the mobile market and is largely incompetent. Apotheker says the right things, but apparently doesn't believe them, either. He's said many times that HP needs to be quicker at getting their ideas to market. The Pre3 is just another example of how HP doesn't understand "quick" in the mobile market. They had a working device on February 9th. They had a working OS on February 9th. It's unreal how slow development is working inside HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Don't expect the Pre3 until September (end of Summer)...according to a Palm rep I spoke with. If it doesn't come to Sprint I'll go wherever it lands. Have a launch day Pre- & I'm getting tired of waiting like everyone else so if it costs me more every month I just won't drink as much...
    the longer i wait, the less interest i have. hp is giving oppurtunitiea for contract expiring users to leave webos.

i wonder if they are delibrately killibg smartphone unit.
    Hell they had webos 2.x and flash working on the pre- how long ago too?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    I'm waiting for the Pre 3 as the phone I won in the design contest back in November. I'm not in too much of a hurry, I just got my Pre 2 to help the wait. It would be nice if HP would just release the phone already though.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm thinking they are intentionally holding back to space out the time between product releases. If they released the Pre3 today, there might be another 4-6 month wait before the slab device is ready. Maybe the risk of losing us last remaining Pre users isn't as great as the reward of eventually being able to point back at history that they have had consistent new product rollouts every 2-3 months. I don't really understand any other reason for such a long wait.
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am tired of waiting. Staying with sprint is not helping either. After trying the Pre2, I cannot wait for the Pre3 anymore. Get it out folks the Pre 3 !!!!!!!
    I think everyone is sick and tired of waiting. This really isn't anything new people! :P

So we must deal with it I guess.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast