Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    C'mon guys! We've made it this far, it's worth it to wait just a wee bit longer. Imagine how you'll be kicking yourself for using your upgrade discount for an Android phone when another 2 months wait, you would've had a Pre3. (let's ignore the whole avail or not on Sprint thing for the sake of discussion here)
    You're right...I'm just antsy! I rooted a NookColor and turned it into an Android Gingerbread tablet. If the tablet experience is similar to Android phones, I'll take webOS every day of the week.

I just hate leaving an upgrade sit around unused, because that's like 'giving' AT&T an extra $10-20/mo (figure the price of the phone over the 20 month upgrade period). My Pre+ works fine, no problems at all...just get jealous seeing my friends with their shiny new hardware and got a serious case of keepin' up with the Joneses. I've been using Palm's daily for 10 years or so, starting with an old Handspring Visor, followed by m500, Zire 71, and finally a TX that was a workhorse until I migrated to the Pre last summer. I hope I don't have to hold out much longer than July for the latest in the line!
    I'm very tired of waiting I am still on my launch day Pre minus and am thinking i might get the Evo 3D. I don't know yet they better announce something quick or I'm jumping ship. What's a wee bit longer? A week a month a year? I wait a release day at least! It will be very sad to go this community is the best and WebOs is the best but HP needs to get there act together and quick.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    If I dont hear a date for the Pre3 (and its on Sprint) by June 24th, my wife and I are getting EVO 3Ds.

My wife and I have been waiting patiently with a Pre- for too long. I am on my 6th Pre, she has her third and just cant deal with the lag of the hardware, poor support (has the pdf viewer ever worked?!), and the lack of keeping its client base informed.

I figure even if we did get a Pre3, HP wouldnt even be where Android is now in a year. If HP/PALM makes great strides over the the next year to 18 months, we might think about coming back.

We are going to miss webOS and the hard keyboard dearly!
    Im switching to AT&T as SOON as the Pre 3 is announced. I don't even care if its announced on Sprint or not. I'm pretty done with Sprint.
    My Pre will be 2 years old next week and is still fully functional, so I am good, won't be long now.
    I'm just afraid by time Pre3 comes out, it'll be outdated compared to the competition. Or rumors of the "next" HP device will have leaked and I'll want that because it may have better specs.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    It's encouraging to hear there's others riding out their Pre minuses to the end. I'm in that boat myself and although I know we're going to get our hands on a juicy new phone and a Touchpad, there's been that bitter feeling I'm sure we've all experienced. I'm at the point where I'm not all that excited anymore but more or less waiting out of sheer principle. I feel like I owe it to myself holding out for this long. I toyed with the Veer at an AT&T store and that little sucker is awesome so just imagine what the Pre 3 will be like. If and when you do get the Pre 3 and realize it wasn't worth the wait and hype, it will be that much easier to jump ship onto your next mobile OS of choice. BUT, if it's awesome and everything we wished for, it will be that much sweeter to be the proud owner of this gem coming from an original Pre minus launch day owner. Choose wisely! of course there is no wrong choice
    Meh. I've waited this long, it's almost summer, I can wait a little bit longer. No Bell carrier though, it'll be hard to justify buying it outright as switching carriers with 2 lines doesn't really look all that feasible at the moment.

hp Pre3 or Motorola Atrix....who's going to win? Here's to hoping hp, but my mind's already made up if not
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbonizio View Post
    It's encouraging to hear there's others riding out their Pre minuses to the end. I'm in that boat myself and although I know we're going to get our hands on a juicy new phone and a Touchpad, there's been that bitter feeling I'm sure we've all experienced. I'm at the point where I'm not all that excited anymore but more or less waiting out of sheer principle. I feel like I owe it to myself holding out for this long. I toyed with the Veer at an AT&T store and that little sucker is awesome so just imagine what the Pre 3 will be like. If and when you do get the Pre 3 and realize it wasn't worth the wait and hype, it will be that much easier to jump ship onto your next mobile OS of choice. BUT, if it's awesome and everything we wished for, it will be that much sweeter to be the proud owner of this gem coming from an original Pre minus launch day owner. Choose wisely! of course there is no wrong choice
    I was getting annoyed with my Pre last few weeks. But then thought it might be buggy 2.1 on Pre-. Went back to 1.4.5. Totally don't mind it...much snappier. Worth waiting for pre3 like you say since runs nicely on Veer and Pre2.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I've babied my Pre(-), and hope Sprint will announce new WebOS devices soon. When the Pre3 'breakout' occurs this summer (or fall, or whenever), I'll get a new phone. If Sprint only carries a Veer, I'll use my Premier Gold to get that. If Sprint dumps WebOS, I'm likely to follow WebOS to other providers. I've become very attached to WebOS.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I'm just afraid by time Pre3 comes out, it'll be outdated compared to the competition. Or rumors of the "next" HP device will have leaked and I'll want that because it may have better specs.
    You think it'll be any better on Android? That's just the world of smartphones now.

I'm still on my launch day Pre-. I'm tired of waiting. I don't feel like I have a choice but to keep waiting though. I like webos too much to switch to a new phone just so it will have a 1Ghz dual core processor. I wish HP would announce carriers and dates for the Pre3 already. Each day it just feels more and more ridiculous.
    You know this whole waiting game is frustrating but when I look at everyone's comment's I just have to chuckle. The whole notion of being that much sweeter by waiting it out... if only teens would listen to their parents more regarding... well you know... LOL.

I was also thinking, when did we ever get in the mindset of "we have to get a new phone as soon as we're eligible for an upgrade discount!" The carriers have successfully mind controlled us to this behavior to keep us hooked. I've been eligible for a discount since march and I too feel like I'm "wasting" by not getting another phone now. But remember back in the 80s a pair of kicks would cost you $20-30? Then Nike came out with AIR and the next thing you knew, 8th graders were wearing $140 Air Jordan's to gym classes!! Now no one flinches at $100 sneakers.

As for those on Pres that are literally falling apart and on life support... ok, you have a valid reason to switch now. But for all others, c'mon guys... if you waited out this long, you can wait it out a little longer ;-)
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    As for those on Pres that are literally falling apart and on life support... ok, you have a valid reason to switch now. But for all others, c'mon guys... if you waited out this long, you can wait it out a little longer ;-)
    With me at least, it's not about my upgrade burning a hole in my pocket. It's just that with as fast as technology moves, after 2 years Palm and/or HP should have been able to produce a phone that was a significant enough improvement over the original Pre to warrant me paying to get the newer device. They finally have with the Pre 3, but we've been in limbo for almost 4 months now and we don't really know anything more of significance now than we did back then. The wait is just getting frustrating.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'd rather have a better more polished webOS than a new webOS phone.. Although I'm using a Pre 2 so I'm in good shape in terms of hardware.

I think we're all pretty tired of waiting though. This feels like the early 2000's when Apple was just about to make iPod's a household name.
    I want to stick with Sprint. If the pre 3 is not available for Sprint then I'm jumping to Android.
    I am getting tired of waiting. The HTC EVO 3D is very very appealing. I'm going to go play with that when it comes out. Unfortunately for HP, I doubt they would release the Pre 3 any time soon, so I can't do a fair comparison.
    Therefore I'd be comparing the HTC EVO 3D with ... nothing. Hence the EVO 3D would win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Im switching to AT&T as SOON as the Pre 3 is announced. I don't even care if its announced on Sprint or not. I'm pretty done with Sprint.
    Dude, I switched from AT&T to Sprint. Trust me, you don't want to pay AT&T $30 more a month for dropped calls and ****ty customer service.
    Just jumped ship today after hearing about iOS 5 and now have iPhone 4's . Really did want to stay with webos, but even when the pre3 does come to market I'm not confident that it will have the things that they have said...like full doc suite? Wasn't that coming shortly after the Pre 2 was released? Anyways, will still check in here but I'm loving the iPhone 4 hardware :0

Ken
    im going to buy the pre 3 outright if it comes out on att and if the price is resonable.

ive never had a problem with dropped calls from att. i live in san diego and i have pretty good coverage at home but at my work the reception is not very good at penitrating thru my building. verizon or sprint gets much better reception. i dont care as my company provides me with a verizon work phone but i can see att as a bad thing if you dont get good reception in your building and can be frustrating. the only plus side of att is data and voice at the same time. not often had i use voice and data at the same time but when i did it was usefull.

there are some trade offs. i use my phone as a prepaid phone as i dont get or make calls everyday. i think att has the best voice and data prepaid service. at 10 cents a minute, $25 last me 3 months. if i need data and not near any wifi, i usually buy 100 megs for $15. i buy data if i know im going out of town and only use it for checking email or light browsing.
    i like the iphone 4 too but i want a vertical sliding keyboard. i must admit that the iphone virtual keyboard is probobly the best ive used compared to other phones.

apps is whats probobly be a make or break deal for me on the pre 3

oh yes... im tired of no news and waiting
    Have a Palm Pixi (Sprint) and am tired of the Touchstone back covers wearing out so quick. Other than that, my phone is fine. Really hope the Pre 3 has great build quality!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast