Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Will the Pre3 feature support for wireless printing, or will this be a Touchpad only feature?
    Slap me if I am wrong, but if the Pre3 gets a webOS 3.0 update, shouldn't it thus be able to handle wireless printing as well?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    any webos device after 3.0 will have it. that includes veer and pre2
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    any webos device after 3.0 will have it. that includes veer and pre2
    I've never seen any confirmation from HP that the Pre2 would get webOS 3.0. Even if HP did say webOS 3.0 was coming to the Pre2, I wouldn't be inclined to believe them as HP has a pretty serious credibility issue IMHO.
    Yes, for any HP wireless printer that was built newer than 2007.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    But not out of the box support?
    Depends on the out-of-the-box-OS-build...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Yes, for any HP wireless printer that was built newer than 2007.
    I know that this is the case for the Touchpad but have never seen it mentioned about the Pre3. Can I ask where you've got your info from?

Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Depends on the out-of-the-box-OS-build...
    So 2.1 doesn't support it at present, Even though HP use the Pre2 in their printer ads?
    I would love it as it's one of the best things I have in my office with multiple computers
    Once WebOS 3.0 is installed on any device, it will have native wireless printing to any HP wrieless printer.

If the Pre 3 debuts with WebOS 2.x, it won't have that ability yet, but it is intended to be updated to 3.0.

For reference, please look at the HPWebOS website for each specific device.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I've never seen any confirmation from HP that the Pre2 would get webOS 3.0. Even if HP did say webOS 3.0 was coming to the Pre2, I wouldn't be inclined to believe them as HP has a pretty serious credibility issue IMHO.
    I think I heard HP saying Pre2 will received future update of webOS 3.

but obviously, I agree with you, with the credibility likes HPalm, they will probably just tell users to buy Pre4 later on.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Pre3 will get 3.0. Maybe not a TouchPad version of 3.0. But it will have wireless printing. The way it was described on Think Beyond, it's exactly what I want.