Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Pre3 has every thing I could ever want and fixes every single problem there was with the Pre-. So what I want to know is, what is your dream phone? Then I would like you to compare it to what HP has done with the Pre3. The only thing I could ever ask for is a better screen and maybe a sd card slot. So what do you think? Are there some features that you hate about the Pre3 that you wish they hadden't done? Or do you think that they could have done better in some areas that they attempted at?

**HP PEOPLEZ PLEASE TAKE HUGE NOTE!!!! YES I MEAN IT!!! THAT INCLUDES YOU RUBY **
    This is what we the customers want and want NOW. That means you should have already have done so but didn't. This is were the Palm devision needs to put priority on RIGHT NOW! Not in 'The Coming Month' we >hate< that phrase.
    As RoverNote said:

Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    One has to wonder why J Rube and others dont seem to think to adopt many of the suggestions stated here. It seems like such a simple things to do since they gotta be having many of the same experiences
    What people have said:
    **Update #1:**
    - SD Card Slot
    - Gyroscope
    - SuperAMOLED, qHD, or Retina Display
    - HDMI output
    - 2000mah battery
    - 4-inch display
    - full google voice support synergized in the stock phone app
    - Updated Pixi candybar design (Better build quality, thinner, bigger screen)
    - 8M Camera
    - double flash
    - Virtual Keyboard (that includes those with physical keyboards)
    - bluetooth keyboard support (on smartphones)
    - reliable PDF viewer/creator app (Adobe Reader/Acrobat to view PDFs downloaded or sent as e-mail attachments for my business use)
    - The app selection of an iphone (All the biggies on the iPhone)
    - Pre2 form factor
    - Veer on Sprint
    - All Europe and USA frequencies on what you call a world phone
    - 4G on all networks
    - Skype Video chat over BOTH 3G and 4G
    - Google Navigation (not gmaps but Google's 3D navigation app)
    **Update #2**
    - Dual Core 1.4 Ghz Processor (aka the TouchPad's Processor in a phone)
    - NVidia Graphics
    - "Find My Phone" feature
    - WebOS Cloud Storage
    - NFC
    - Full Skype and Netflix support built-in
    - Hardware designs similar to the iPhone, Nexus S, and the Treo (but thinner), and Evo 3D
    - Minimize the bezel on phones for bigger screens or a smaller package
    - People like the dedicated camera button like on the Evo 3D
    - Wallpaper personalizations like on Android
    - Battery that lasts 10 hours MINIMUM on EXTREME usage
    - Voice to Text like Android
    - Voice search capabilities in Just Type
    Last edited by Rennat; 06/06/2011 at 07:59 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I would second the addition of removable storage, and add in a gyroscope. That way, touchpad apps that use the gyro will not experience a diminished experience on the pre 3.
    I would take an Evo3D with webOS on it (capacitive touch android buttons replaced with webOS gesture bar) and a world phone.
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 06/05/2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Pre 3 hardware in Pre(2) form factor. I keep getting this feeling the Pre 3 will be too big for my hands.

My Pre Plus now is just right.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    veers for sprint
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    How about having all worldwide GSM frequencies at 3G speeds for us travelers?
    dream phone:

1. webOS
    2. physical keyboard
    3. micro SD card slot
    4. SuperAMOLED
    5. gorilla glass
    6. 100,000 apps
    7. full MS office compatible editor
    8. HDMI output
    9. 4G, mobile AP
    10. 2000mah battery
    11. taking great pics, >8M, autofocus, double flash
    12. ooVoo or skype video chat over 3G/4G
    13. google navigation
    14. firefox or opera
    a pre3 and an iPad2 bundle would cover that, I think. (grin)
    The Pre 3 on Sprint with:

-Retina Display
    -Gyroscope,
    -4g Radio,
    -Long battery life,
    -NFC with Google Wallet (I know Google Wallet is only for Android, but I still want it)
    -All of iOS apps (minus the fart apps & soundboards)

With these features I will not have a single complaint, and will be set for life (or at least until my 2 year contract expires )
    Maybe a 4 inch Pre 3. On a side note, whats the difference b/w Opera and Chrome. I just downloaded Chrome, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Maybe a 4 inch Pre 3. On a side note, whats the difference b/w Opera and Chrome. I just downloaded Chrome, thanks
    chrome is a browser made by google, built upon the webkit and v8.
    opera is a browser made by opera from scratch.

at least on android, opera mobile is so much smoother and snappier.
    i want my VZW pre 2 to make love to my Samsung fascinate and their phone offspring would be my dream phone. A 4-in AMOLED display, physical keyboard, webOS, google voice, home screen/card previews, multiple dock bars....Ahh if only I could get them drunk.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    What clevin and Smartfah wrote, plus a really reliable PDF viewer/creator app (Adobe Reader/Acrobat, anyone?) that works every time, especially when I need to view PDFs downloaded or sent as e-mail attachments for my business use!
    a pre3 with 4g, long battery life. Higher resolution screen. Sd card slot. And the app selection of an iphone (<-most important)
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    How about having all worldwide GSM frequencies at 3G speeds for us travelers?
    Veer already has 2100 UMTS, which works with most Euro-Asian countries.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    A new updated Palm Pixi Plus. (A bigger screen increase to ~2.8-3 inches, screen res increased, camera boost, better build quality, a lot more ram and a better processor, thinner).

Seriously, I love the design of the Pixi more than the Pre or Veer.

I can't stand sliders at all. Candybar is the only form factor I will ever have.
    One has to wonder why J Rube and others dont seem to think to adopt many of the suggestions stated here. It seems like such a simple things to do since they gotta be having many of the same experiences
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Pre 3 internals would fit me just fine with a microSD slot, Atrix style Docking, and the build aesthetics of HTCs T-Mobile G2 (metal casing, solid feel) but in a vertical slider. I hate the feel of these new giant plastic slabs.

IMO, If a phone is bigger than the Dell Streak, it's no longer a phone but a tablet with phone capabilities.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    -webOS multitasking, but with everything stored on the device instead of in the cloud
    -the PIM data management from Palm OS (color-coded calendar events in month view, CONTACT CATEGORIES!!!, a year view)
    -4 in or bigger screen w/a slide out, portrait keyboard
    -a 5-way directional pad on the front of the phone, with physical keys for answer, hang up, & two programmable ones somewhere on the phone
    -free, unlimited hotspot
    -bluetooth keyboard support
    -microSD slot
    -standard connectors

Edit: video calling, too
    Last edited by katefields; 06/06/2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    dream phone:

1. webOS
    2. physical keyboard
    3. micro SD card slot
    4. SuperAMOLED
    5. gorilla glass
    6. 100,000 apps
    7. full MS office compatible editor
    8. HDMI output
    9. 4G, mobile AP
    10. 2000mah battery
    11. taking great pics, >8M, autofocus, double flash
    12. ooVoo or skype video chat over 3G/4G
    13. google navigation
    14. firefox or opera
    What he said.

HOnestly, I don't even need somethings like #s 4, 6, and 14, but pretty much everything else here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast