Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I really want a Sprint Pre3. But if VZW comes out with a 3G model, and Sprint comes out with a 4G model, I will have a dilemma. To me, 4G means, semi available, variable speed for an extra charge, and battery life reduced significantly. I think I would rather have longer battery life and 3G.
    Not sure battery life is bad on 4g. Where did you get that?
    Um, perhaps from every review of a 4G device?
    Veer 4g reviews says its battery life is longer than pixi 3g, even when veer has a smaller capacity battery.
    Any new smartphone on Sprint, 3G or 4G, will require a 10 dollar add-on so cost can be ruled out...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    Any new smartphone on Sprint, 3G or 4G, will require a 10 dollar add-on so cost can be ruled out...
    Exactly. More of an incentive to get a 4G phone if its at Sprint.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Veer 4g reviews says its battery life is longer than pixi 3g, even when veer has a smaller capacity battery.
    Because it doesn't use a separate modem for its "4G", unlike CDMA devices with LTE or Wimax.
    I want 4G. Class 10. On AT&T. On my Pre3. In white.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Because it doesn't use a separate modem for its "4G", unlike CDMA devices with LTE or Wimax.
    Hmmm that could be a compelling reason to favor GSM. The equation keeps getting more complicated.
    I'd rather have a 3G world phone than a phone that's works on Sprint's crappy 4G network that seems to have slowed to a crawl. When was the last time Sprint announced it's next list of cities for wimax. It's been awhile or I missed that release. I do know they have no plans to bring it to my city which is the 12th largest city in the US.
    just turn off 4g. I know tons of people with evos and they just turn it on if they have good signal and need the speeds, otherwise they just leave it off to conserve battery
    Nothing makes you guys happy... My wife's Evo has 4G turned off all the time because when it is on and signal is bad, data rates are worst than on 3G. AT&T has a better network for sure if you really need "4G" speed. Anyways, I think I will stay with Sprint if they get the Pre 3, but if at&t gets it instead then I will be more than happy to switch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The Veer is not 4G, despite what anyone says. It's not LTE; it's not WiMax.

The EVO is 4G, and 4G can be turned off if you don't want/need it. Don't get charged extra for having the radio in the phone.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I would rather not have wimax or lte. Both networks are not developed enough to make the loss in battery life worth the trade off in a slight speed increase for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    I would rather not have wimax or lte. Both networks are not developed enough to make the loss in battery life worth the trade off in a slight speed increase for me.
    What loss in battery life would you have if you turned the LTE/WiMax radio off?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    I doubt they will come out with separate 3G and 4G models on the same network. As others have said, just turn it off.
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    Well, since I'm gonna have to pay the $10 for 4G anyway, and since I live in an area that won't have 4G until there is 6G, I'd be happy with a 3G device and a 3G price. At this point, however, I just want a webOS device on Sprint period!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think u can switch off 4g if u really dont want it for batt and availiability....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Everybody should be aware that Sprint is charging an additional $10 for every new smartphone activation. This is regardless if it is a 3G or 4G device. I'm paying the additional $10 for my sprintified Pre 2 even though it doesn't have 4G.

Now, why complain about the Pre 3 having the option to run on 4G? You can turn this off for sure. That's how it works on Android and if you don't see the option from the phone app, I pretty sure a homebrew patch will allow you to do this.
    4G on Veer does NOT require an additional antenna it is the same 3G antenna so it won't reduce battery life.

This is how AT&T markets Veer as 4G.

The official Dilbert website with Scott Adams' color comic strips, animation, mashups and more!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast