Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    what im wondering is how the transition from sprint wimax to sprint LTE will work.... they just signed a 2 billion dollar deal with some LTE company, i think lightspeed? so how would the transition work?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    what im wondering is how the transition from sprint wimax to sprint LTE will work.... they just signed a 2 billion dollar deal with some LTE company, i think lightspeed? so how would the transition work?
    Sprint has said in the past while they're exploring LTE options they will continue to support WiMax
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I think that's due to the difference in technology. It's like 3G today (even though technically, you can turn 3G off, but does anyone really do that?)
    If you're on a CDMA carrier doesn't turning data off essentially turn 3G off and save on battery life?

As for GSM, I've heard a Canadian with an iPhone roaming in the US say he switched off 3G while roaming on AT&T because 2G gave better service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    If you're on a CDMA carrier doesn't turning data off essentially turn 3G off and save on battery life?

As for GSM, I've heard a Canadian with an iPhone roaming in the US say he switched off 3G while roaming on AT&T because 2G gave better service.
    How fast will the Pre 3 be able to download with WiFi? What is it capable of? Thanks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123