Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    Agree. The Pre3 is what I'm waiting for. My pre- died (vol down button doesn't work and ear piece doesnt work, do can't hear calls. Crazy right? Using these things to make calls). Can't wait to drop my Epic Turd and get back to web os

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Oddly, mine has the exact same issues. Speaking to everyone on speakerphone has removed all privacy from my life. (yes i know i could use a headset but i always forget to carry one with me)
    I'm so glad I got the insurance on my Sprint Pre. I'm on my 5th Pre and didn't have to pay a deductible. I think my current one is a keeper. The keyboard, volume and power buttons all work great. Needless to say, I'm hoping that Sprint gets the Pre 3. If they don't, I'll switch to the carrier that does get it. I don't watch to use my upgrade on an Android phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Wait, I thought we all turned on Josh after his Veer review.
    Josh tells it how he sees it and if he finds a problem with something he's looking at, testing, or using regularly...he mentions it without hesitation. To be honest, the Veer should not be reviewed by someone like Josh, can anyone imagine him looking at anything besides the very best in hardware, technology, and otherwise. I suspect the problem he has with email messages has been around since day one on the original Pre and he simply wanted it fixed which it never was. Do I have this problem...not really, but then I don't store 1000 of message on my unit and download them constantly from week to week.

Either way, I respect that for a few reasons especially compared to groups like CNET that gave Palm the big thumbs up at CES 2009 and then drop kick them from the face of the earth 1-year later...I know webOS is not perfect, but neither is IOS and Android...so level the playing field. I'm still using my Pre- from Sprint, its not perfect by a long shot, and locks up more with 2.1 then it ever did with 1.45, but I still love it. Hopefully webOS becomes everything Josh wants it to be. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    the original Pre was a game changer in MY life...
    So was the Pre Plus to me.

it suddenly allowed me to read emails and connect to the net on the go!!

(yes I used a dumb phone before that)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    He said he wants:
    "glanceable information"-ie notifications
    widgets such as weather and time
    And these types of information he wants to be able to look at from a lock screen
    For some unexplainable reason Apple and HP stubbornly refusing to utilize lockscreen. At least Iphone users after jailbreak can use Lockinfo or Intelliscreen, but I see no hope for such option on WebOS at all.
    Despite his tech credentials, he's still part of that group that has no use for a small phone. Thus, he is not the targeted audience of the Veer. Actual customer reviews are doing better than the "professional" reviews.
  7.    #27  
    No, we turned on him (and Ruby) after they wasted 2 hours of our lives with that ridiculous March podcast. I was sitting in the audience and regretting my choice.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    ps I am amused by the 1 star rating for us discussing Topolsky's opinion.
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/03/2011 at 07:06 AM.
    i have to sing that song too.

compared to the ui, the multitasking and in general the way it gets you things done of webos even ios is considered being a dumb os by me.

only being a game changer does not guarantee good selling.
    Me too!

Every time I've played with IOS or even Android, the experience seems more like a fancy feature phone, whereas my Pre is a full fledged data management system. Nothing compares to synergy unless you are more oriented toward fart and dating apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    Agree. The Pre3 is what I'm waiting for. My pre- died (vol down button doesn't work and ear piece doesnt work, do can't hear calls. Crazy right? Using these things to make calls). Can't wait to drop my Epic Turd and get back to web os

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Search for the Ghastly Headset ipk file. May allow you to force your pre into whatever speaker mode you want.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Do have a link?

WebOS 3.0 on the Pre 3 would be a bit of change although he might be confusing the recently seen "build 3" which is not the same.

8GB?

Still?

Come on, HP. 8GB was too little two years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evorgleb View Post
    Oddly, mine has the exact same issues. Speaking to everyone on speakerphone has removed all privacy from my life. (yes i know i could use a headset but i always forget to carry one with me)
    Same here! took it to a repair guy and he said the speaker's fine but the cable is faulty...
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    not trying to troll at all, but the original Pre was supposed to be a game changer too..
    The original Pre was a gamechanger. It introduced the world's best mobile OS and created the most passionate community to date. It also was the first smartphone to be able to run true multitasking and the first to be able to synergize all your information in one easy service. Android and iOS still can not match any of this 3 years later. Now tell me that the Original Pre was not a game changer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The original Pre was a gamechanger. It introduced the world's best mobile OS and created the most passionate community to date. It also was the first smartphone to be able to run true multitasking and the first to be able to synergize all your information in one easy service. Android and iOS still can not match any of this 3 years later. Now tell me that the Original Pre was not a game changer...
    New features don't make for a game changing device. The device actually has to impact the market in sales or concept adoption.

webOS influences across the industry are impossible to ignore, though. In terms of how the industry watched webOS's potential, slack-jawed, webOS was a game changer. The Playbook is just a complete and blatant rip off of webOS for example. Honeycomb obviously uses a lot of webOS queues as well (which is to be expected). I'm sure Google, Blackberry, Apple and Microsoft are all very happy that Palm and HP mismanaged webOS so badly. If the Pre had the Pre2's build quality and it would have launched with webOS 1.4.5, Palm would still be in business, and they'd be duking it out with Android and iOS as market share leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    New features don't make for a game changing device. The device actually has to impact the market in sales or concept adoption.

webOS influences across the industry are impossible to ignore, though. In terms of how the industry watched webOS's potential, slack-jawed, webOS was a game changer. The Playbook is just a complete and blatant rip off of webOS for example. Honeycomb obviously uses a lot of webOS queues as well (which is to be expected). I'm sure Google, Blackberry, Apple and Microsoft are all very happy that Palm and HP mismanaged webOS so badly. If the Pre had the Pre2's build quality and it would have launched with webOS 1.4.5, Palm would still be in business, and they'd be duking it out with Android and iOS as market share leaders.
    Agreed, I think that biggest game change it has created is the Multitasking movement. It was there before because iOS didn't have any kind of Multitasking but when WebOS was introduced, everyone had to get back to work and rethink a few core ideas. It also opened up the world of development because of its simplistic approach to development. Features alone won't create a game changer but they are the foundation, on which, they all stand.
    Also competing markets are extremely good for the consumer. iOS was the leader in the market that set the rules but sense it came out years ago there have been other that also stood out like Android and WebOS. iOS is leading the front on Simplicity and Design, Android leads the front of Utility and Customization, and WebOS leads the war front of Synergy and Multitasking. They all innovate in different areas and whether you face it or not, they all borrow from each other. iOS creates the first iPad so Samsung, Motorola, and HP adopt the core look of design. WebOS create the Cards interface so Motorola adopts it. This is good for us as it pushes the market to designa and create new and better things!
    Thanks for letting me think out loud,
    Rennat
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    i can type on my pre plus while looking up. Actually i can do it pretty fast. The only issue is that my clicks dont register sometimes because the keyboard cant keep up with my fingers. Hoepfully the pre3 will fix this
    He praises it, but in a very sarcastic manner...

Well, he is a very sarcastic man. But he's just comparing the fact that there is a keyboard to the iPhone and other Android phones. The whole "gamechanger" quote is severely taken out of context in the thread title, imho.
    this right here is my exact problem I have always had. I barely ever look at the keys.. Only when I do make one mistake which rarely happens.

but the biggest problem is that I type too fast for the device.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzarella72 View Post
    i can type on my pre plus while looking up. Actually i can do it pretty fast. The only issue is that my clicks dont register sometimes because the keyboard cant keep up with my fingers. Hoepfully the pre3 will fix this
    I think that the real answer to all this is just to live in a society without a written language or create a mind reader app that writes down what you think. Who needs keyboards anyway?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12