Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I got out of a meeting yesterday with a certain car company that rhymes with "spysler" and they are putting beats audio in their flagship sedan. This will be huge for webos possibly.
    It would be huge for spysler too, because I have one and the stock stereo is less than stellar, I can assure you that!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I could use a new stereo too, cause the stereo system in my car seems stuck on one station...I think it's November 5, 1955...strange name for a radio station...must be satellite radio or something.

I guess I can't complain, the radio came with the car. I got it from some old junkyard, it's a real blast from the past, a Delorean! I think it's been modified though...may be a hybrid now. I haven't really gotten it out on the highway though...until now. I think I'll see what she's got...see ya later! Or sooner.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 06/01/2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Beats audio, doesnt mean webOS, I wish H/P would make more effort to bring webOS to Cars and TV's before google takes over. I have MS Sync in my Escape, so wish it was webOS, so clumsy to use. Only good thing about it voice recognization. Hope H/P buys a voice recog company or software.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Beats audio, doesnt mean webOS, I wish H/P would make more effort to bring webOS to Cars and TV's before google takes over. I have MS Sync in my Escape, so wish it was webOS, so clumsy to use. Only good thing about it voice recognization. Hope H/P buys a voice recog company or software.
    I think if they can incorporate beats audio in the Pre3 and with the Touchpad, than people will equate the two. I know if there was a phone that offered a Bose experience, it would be cool to me.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    I think if they can incorporate beats audio in the Pre3 and with the Touchpad, than people will equate the two. I know if there was a phone that offered a Bose experience, it would be cool to me.
    FWIW, the Pre 3 doesn't have Beats.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    FWIW, the Pre 3 doesn't have Beats.
    True, but any publicity for HP and Touchpad will help smartphone sales
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    True, but any publicity for HP and Touchpad will help smartphone sales
    Except it's being associated with a car company that doesn't have a particularly high-end reputation right now. But you're right, (almost) any publicity is good publicity.

The Dr. Dre connection is interesting. He probably told them "You like my boy Eminem, how about you check out my Beats Audio..."

"...and while you're at it why don't you make an app for this TouchPad and maybe I'll put your car in our music video."
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, if they are going to incorporate beats audio then that will be just the tip of the icebreg. i mean maybe u can stream it over bluetooth audio too ?
    plus if u look at jag they are developing a system that lets u hook up any phone with a usb connection and u get the phone screen displayed on the dash.
    maybe hp can throw in something like this or develop something even more intergrated with WebOS since they showed it running appliances on the touchpad. it would be nice if u can check for faults straight on ure phone or tablet instead of having to go to the dealer -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I donít see this as a huge boost to HPs phones.

Just as I donít feel compelled to buy Microsoft keyboards and mice just because Ford uses the Sync system.

Youíre grasping at straws.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

Just as I donít feel compelled to buy Microsoft keyboards and mice just because Ford uses the Sync system.

-Suntan
    Not if they integrate a form of WebOS into factory Nav for the company. May not be the first thing they do with this contract, but if they already have a contract with a PC company that has a GUI, it could lead to that company building the interface for their high end interfaces.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    you know, i was just thinking.... chrysler is owned by Fiat now.
    that may not sound like a big deal to americaqns but Fiat is like one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world, and the own Ferrari -=)
    hhahha now we can all dream of webos on a Ferrari or Masseratii ... so yeah if they can go beyond Beatsaudio then the potential is very huge
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    you know, i was just thinking.... chrysler is owned by Fiat now.
    that may not sound like a big deal to americaqns but Fiat is like one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world, and the own Ferrari -=)
    hhahha now we can all dream of webos on a Ferrari or Masseratii ... so yeah if they can go beyond Beatsaudio then the potential is very huge
    Good point, especially with HP continually saying they are looking at a global market.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I think a webOS controlled media console in a car is not out of the realm of possibility. It would make for a better experience than the iPad. At least with webOS, you could back out to start a music playlist and you won't have to wait for your GPS map to reload.
    Last edited by bobsentell; 06/01/2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Would be cool to see app to control those beats speakers :-P

Here is the commercial highlighting the beats speakers in this car with our favorite Doc :-P (Can't wait to see him pimping out the Pre3 or TP)

***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm trying to think of an audio brand name that hasn't been incorporated into a stock audio system. What I can't understand is why no matter how much you pay for a stock audio system , the components end up looking and sounding cheap when compared to even a minimal aftermarket system.
    I'm into HT as well.. and same goes for HT.. no matter how much you pay for a HTIB, the components end up looking and sounding cheap when compared to even a minimal pieced together system...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Sigh... My fault for sticking with a stock 300 and not a C, even though in Spring of 2008 I could have gotten the C for almost the same price, I backed off as gas was $1.48/litre, & my F-150 was costing me around $120/week in gas. As a result, missed out on the higher end stereo.

(Currently my stereo works when it wants to. No rhyme or reason)

sigh...more things to buy.
    Looks like it would be pretty easy to use that touchscreen with webOS.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I could use a new stereo too, cause the stereo system in my car seems stuck on one station...I think it's November 5, 1955...strange name for a radio station...must be satellite radio or something.

I guess I can't complain, the radio came with the car. I got it from some old junkyard, it's a real blast from the past, a Delorean! I think it's been modified though...may be a hybrid now. I haven't really gotten it out on the highway though...until now. I think I'll see what she's got...see ya later! Or sooner.
    Check the Flux Capacitor, and make sure you've got fuel in Mr. Fusion.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

-Suntan
    There is no publicity that can hurt Hp/webos right now. Its not like we are talking about the most popular OS on the planet here....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast