1.    #1  
    Will be at this time digital signature finally ? I have to use old HTC Her where digital signature is supported as well as on all Iphone/Android devices, and if HP calls Pre3 business phone signing electronic contracts is more than needed option in Pre3
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    It won't make a good business phone unless it can open ALL PDFs, use Outlook formatting on email replies, and be able to edit MS Office documents.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Agree with both of these points. It will also need calendar search capability (including through Just Type) as well as pulling down all Google Calender entries (or allowing user to set perameters) instead of limiting it to on month before and two months after.
    It also needs the ability to let you schedule meetings AND invite people. This is a major flaw in an OS that has been around so long and lacks a feature that WM5 has as well as Black Berry and likely android and ios (although no first habd experience with the last 2)

It is a feature that is sorely missing and inexcusable IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    It won't make a good business phone unless it can open ALL PDFs, use Outlook formatting on email replies, and be able to edit MS Office documents.
    I'm expecting all this to be so else I will be very disappointed !
    WebOS needs all of this if I'm going to stay with it.
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Agree with both of these points. It will also need calendar search capability (including through Just Type) as well as pulling down all Google Calender entries (or allowing user to set perameters) instead of limiting it to on month before and two months after.
    How could I have forgotten that? MUST be able to invite others to meetings.
    Does the Veer include any of this? Isn't the OS that released on the Veer the same OS version that will launch on the Pre 3?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    The Veer is 2.2. Along with Pre 3 and Pre 2 they will able to upgrade to 3.0
    So the hope is that in 3.0 all these problems will be solved.
    Enyo support is coming in 2.3 IIRC, this will be where you see some of the functions talked about above. I don't see the office suite launching on anything less than Enyo.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Enyo support is coming in 2.3 IIRC, this will be where you see some of the functions talked about above. I don't see the office suite launching on anything less than Enyo.
    what is enyo about?
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    what is enyo about?
    Enyo is the new webOS application framework. Essentially it allows programmers to code an app once and have it scale over any screen size.
    On small screens, you see one scene of the app and move through scenes as you would on your Pre (with Mojo apps); on big screens, you see multiple scenes and can enlarge or minimize them as wanted with sliders at the bottom.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums