Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now all the online shops have a specific week shown:

HP Pre 3 8GB | Geizhals.at EU
    click on some shop-logos to get to their website, where it shows week 26 instead of 27!

(the same week is shown for the Veer!)
    Last edited by rot; 06/07/2011 at 01:14 PM.
    Awesome! Hopefully there won't be any delay!
    8GB for the German model is a joke...really.
    Congrats for you guys in Germany. Here in Canada, we've heard absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    8GB for the German model is a joke...really.
    Indeed. I need at least 16 GB... let's hope they offer some alternatives...

Another question: Assuming the TP will have a "worldwide launch", will the Pre3 be getting one too? Or will the people in ye good olde Europe have to suffer yet another delay? Jeez, sitting here, hitting the refresh button on precentral.net and checking my mailbox every 3 seconds is killing me...
    Last edited by PatBateman; 06/01/2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Got another question ;)...
    No really - if you offer 8GB you need to have the ability to expand at least. Some people take a lot with them...
  7.    #7  
    UPDATE:

the shops now give a solid date: july 1st for delivery!
    Any news of a 16GB version?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Congrats for you guys in Germany. Here in Canada, we've heard absolutely nothing.
    Same w/us in the United States!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Any news of a 16GB version?
    There's no listing for the 16 GB version yet.
    HP Pre 3 16GB | Geizhals.at EU
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    There's no listing for the 16 GB version yet.
    HP Pre 3 16GB | Geizhals.at EU
    Thanks! I also checked the german site guenstiger.de - Der grosse Preisvergleich im Internet and apparently there are more and more hints pointing towards delivery on July 1rst! There are however some shops which expect the Pre3 to arrive even earlier, one is saying to expect the Pre3 to arrive at June 17th. Of course, non of these dates are confirmed by HP, but it is obvious that the retailers must have received some information from HP. Also, the price is constantly dropping ...
    16GB version:
    http://www.guenstiger.de/Preisvergle...Pre3_16GB.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Unfortunately, no entries so far. But I do think that once the 8 GB version is available, so will be the 16 GB one...
  14.    #14  
    update:
    Pre3 will be available for delivery to german stores on june 16!

So it should be with the customers right before the weekend...

you heard it here first...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    update:
    Pre3 will be available for delivery to german stores on june 16!

So it should be with the customers right before the weekend...

you heard it here first...
    I hope you're right! Would make sense for the UK version to be available the same time.
    I just went to two o2 shops in Germany and the results were really frustrating. The first one did not even know a thing about the new phones. They did not even know that they announced the Veer in their own catalogue. The second one said that they might be eventually getting the Pre3, but could not name a specific date. Early July was all I could get. But even worse, the saleswoman tried hard to convince me not to buy a Pre3 but one of the shiny iPhones and Android devices instead. I told her that I already have an iPhone and a win7 Phone, tried out Android as well and just want to get a Pre3 and nothing else and she was shocked . Too bad that HPalm, their phones and webOS seem to have such a bad reputation in Germany . Let's hope this changes with the new devices...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Didnt the Pre sell pretty well in Germany? Bit puzzled why it got a bad rep? Mine is still in such a nice condition so I will probably wait a while with buying the Pre3 to see if it gets launched in Sweden.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I wished I it did, but as far as I can tell, it didn't. Also, o2 pretty quickly threw in stuff like free TouchStones to boost the sales and as this did not work out, they pulled all support and ads for it.
  19.    #19  
    The distribution system now went on from 16/6 delivery to 23/6 delivery. Apparently no devices came in yesterday, as they were supposed to.

Too bad... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Didnt the Pre sell pretty well in Germany? Bit puzzled why it got a bad rep? Mine is still in such a nice condition so I will probably wait a while with buying the Pre3 to see if it gets launched in Sweden.
    Sales were not that bad, but we all know about the problems a lot of people had and have with the old hardware. So webOS or Palm phones indeed have a bad reputation. Additionally sales reps, if they know anything at all, know only about iPhone and Android. From what I've heard it's the same situation in the US. Common knowledge among sales reps seems to be "obscure OS, no apps, a lot of people returned it" and they also do not learn about webOS or are not being taught properly, so they can't even show the basic gestures to operate webOS. It's a shame.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast