Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Sales were not that bad, but we all know about the problems a lot of people had and have with the old hardware. So webOS or Palm phones indeed have a bad reputation. Additionally sales reps, if they know anything at all, know only about iPhone and Android. From what I've heard it's the same situation in the US. Common knowledge among sales reps seems to be "obscure OS, no apps, a lot of people returned it" and they also do not learn about webOS or are not being taught properly, so they can't even show the basic gestures to operate webOS. It's a shame.
    Both so true and so sad. But I did vowed myself that I will start a one man webOS promotion campaign in my hometown and my circle of friends. Also, I will try to convince as many of my colleagues as possible in our law firm to dump their BBs and iPhones and switch to webOS. One of the senior partners just bought two iPads2, one for his journal and one just to play some stupid Pong-like game on it. A shame that I could not convince him to get two Touchpads instead...
    Bad news everyone: today I received an email from amazon.de, delivery date is pushed back to July 28 - Aug 4
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Im not surprised, nice example how to move a launch forward by letting resellers indicate a early launch followed by constant changes. Remember how some resellers first said mid june and we are now at start of august so a change by almost two months. Dont they have holidays in Germany in august that could postpone things even more?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Holidays vary from state to state. Also, I am off school for too long so I can hardly remember ! But you are absolutely correct. The fact that there is absolutely NO information from HP and carriers alike hints at a release in end summer/early fall (if not even later). I wonder what causes the delay...
    This is just speculation of course, but I'd imagine it might have something to do with the TouchPad launch as well. If there are last minute complications with the software, HP might have to put all resources in getting it out first, and concentrate on the Pre3 later.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Notebook.de now says that the Veer is in stock but 6-8 weeks for the Pre3.

Noticed that eurostore.palm.com says deliver in mid july but I guess thats the QWERTY.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12