View Poll Results: Would you purchase a Pre 3 on AT&T?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 43.30%
  • No

55 56.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A few weeks ago, I posted that Pre 3 launch would be in september, but for the Verizon model. That is still "summer" but I would be really bummed out if that was it's first release date.

Well, a friend of mine is an AT&T Representative and he knows how much I really want the next webOS device. He informed me the following:

"AT&T had a lineup of three high end smartphones to release. The first was the Motorola Atrix, which was released a last month, the next was the Samsung infuse which was released this month, and your beloved HP phone will be the next, perhaps as early as next month like planned."

As usual, eat this food with a grain of salt, but I still trust the guy. And it only seems logical with the release of the Veer on AT&T, the AT&T WebOS developer conference, and Sim card support for the Pre 3. It looks like we are going to have a Pre 3 "4G" soon.
    In answer to the poll question... not sure. I've had AT&T before and I'm not a fan of the service. Although I only used it when it was EDGE. HSPA is probably a lot better, so maybe. Their voice service (GSM) is pretty bad, even though I only use voice rarely. And I like the idea of having a SIM card which means I can buy any phone I want rather than being beholden to the Sprint/Verizon to tell me which phones they'll allow on their network.

All told, my answer is I'd consider it. But it's not a definate yes or no.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Sort of lines up with this guy's intelligence only he got the impression that VZW first with ATT to follow shortly:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post2974841
    I'll be very happy if this is true. My wife jumped to AT&T from Sprint for the Veer. I want to onsolidate our accounts but am not willing to jump ship for a used Pre+.
    My answer is maybe.

1. ATT would need to have a month-to-month or a one year contract option.

2. Depends on how quick afterwards Verizon and/or Sprint would launch.

I have not had a bad experience with ATT except for a few dropped calls. However, as an iPhone user, I'm sick of no choice of carriers combined with getting locked in to 2 year contracts.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Everytime I'm tempted away from ATT, I remind myself how much I use voice and data simultaneously.
    I know some say it's rare for them, but it's often for me.

I'll be getting the ATT Pre3 no matter where it comes first.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Everytime I'm tempted away from ATT, I remind myself how much I use voice and data simultaneously.
    I know some say it's rare for them, but it's often for me.

I'll be getting the ATT Pre3 no matter where it comes first.
    Same boat. Although I may want one off contract to keep my options open. I'd like to play with a keyboardless webos phone just to see if I would like it
    I've been on AT&T for the last 10 years and have no desire to switch... So, hurry up HP and get the Pre 3 released on AT&T, I've got my money in hand!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    In answer to the poll question... not sure. I've had AT&T before and I'm not a fan of the service. Although I only used it when it was EDGE. HSPA is probably a lot better, so maybe. Their voice service (GSM) is pretty bad, even though I only use voice rarely. And I like the idea of having a SIM card which means I can buy any phone I want rather than being beholden to the Sprint/Verizon to tell me which phones they'll allow on their network.

All told, my answer is I'd consider it. But it's not a definate yes or no.
    exactly where I am at, just did a price comparison, Sprint is no longer the only value.... I will now pick my phone first and carrier last. Sprint has screwed themselves with the $10 fee, and I hate AT&T...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This would be nice, I ported to AT&T for the iPhone 3GS for one penny deal. I still have 3 weeks to decide on it so if Pre3 is announced very soon maybe I'll just get that
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    1. ATT would need to have a month-to-month or a one year contract option.
    AT&T does offer a month-to-month plan, but you have to provide the phone. You just buy a SIM card from them for $6, and then you're month to month, with no commitment.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I say that it will come to AT&T first in early July. I'll purchase it on AT&T at some point. I'm only a year into my Pre+ on AT&T. Not sure what the off contract pricing will be but that'll determine if I'll wait unti May 2012 to purchase.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    3rd could be the Galaxy S II. Not the Palm Pre3.

I really don't think there will be much fanfare around PRE3 launch on ANY carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    3rd could be the Galaxy S II. Not the Palm Pre3.

I really don't think there will be much fanfare around PRE3 launch on ANY carrier.
    *I really don't think there will be much fanfare around any HP/Palm products being launched on ANY carrier.

Fix'd.

All the same, I'd buy an AT&T Pre3.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Both Verizon and ATT are HP'S partners at the show next month.

I think that that Pre 3 will be announced for both carriers. That makes sense.
    Is it true that GSM devices have better battery life? And how much better?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Both Verizon and ATT are HP'S partners at the show next month.

I think that that Pre 3 will be announced for both carriers. That makes sense.
    if this turns out to be the case I might skip the forums for a few days. My fellow Sprint folks will be on the war path
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Is it true that GSM devices have better battery life? And how much better?
    Yes, when there is very weak signal, CDMA will keep trying and trying until the battery dies. However, GSM will be smart enough to give up after trying instead of killing the battery.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Been with Sprint for 11 years.... no other can match there service or price!

Not about to switch now.

Hope Sprint gets Pre3 or I will have to switch to Echo or Android.
    Been with sprint for a while because of price, but lately I have been noticing horrid coverage in some places. Looking to maybe jump to Verizon cause it's about the only option for someone not into ATT's stuff. Although we may be able to bundle and save $ with ATT since we use them for DEL @ the house.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast