1.    #1  
    Does anybody have any idea why Palm doesn't add this feature to their phones?
    They added it, 12 years ago... I think it isn't in WebOS because everything MUST be in the cloud, always, etc. Really makes me sad.

The cloud should include nearby computers/caches/devices that you can communicate with via bluetooth, SD cards, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Well there is going to be "some" function of BT transfer in the Pre3 and the Veer (Touch to Share). So my thought is, if HP doesn't unlock this, homebrew will find a way (at least for BT).

Also currently for WiFI, I use WiFi Media Sync.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Purely an administrative decision they made to not have this yet. Money is on security reasons.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    you dont have access to the iOS file system either. I wish for it, but it apparently it isnt as simple as i think it would be...