Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Holding press conferences and demonstrations over and over, yet hardly any product release. It's the way Palm did things, it's the way HP is doing things. After all, it's still nearly the same Palm team at HP.

You can't keep talking smack and not deliver. Saying things like 'we're better than #1' sends a strong message, and if you don't deliver, you don't get a second chance.....or in this case, a 3rd chance. As the 1st has been already wasted on Pre - + and 2 (neither of these products made any sort of strong presence in the market).

Stop talking smack, ramp up product development and bring it to market. Get the developers to WANT to develop for you. Incentives, Incentives, Incentives. Google gives away free crap to the devs, Apple stands behind their devs and has a user base one can only dream of.........what do you do for your devs HP?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Funny thing, HP says nothing and people are mad they aren't saying anything. Same people keep saying HP needs to do what other manufacturers do, announce the product with release date soon after.
    I'm not mad. I just find it interesting/funny. However, on your other point, HP announced back in February. Like I said, I'm not mad. I just think Palm/HP have a real bad habit of killing their own buzz.
    @fwinst, wasn't addressing you specifically, it's the attitude of many on these forums lately. No matter what news comes out, it's never the right decision.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    @fwinst, wasn't addressing you specifically, it's the attitude of many on these forums lately. No matter what news comes out, it's never the right decision.
    I think that just goes to show how anxious people on this site are for release of the products, and how hopeful they are that what's released is as good as the hype.
    I'm kind of hoping HPalm is taking note of all the new phones just released this week by HTC and the Droid people and will be making clear carrier info and pricing and solid release dates by the first weekend in June.
    Funny overlooked thing with North American phone markets is manufacturers can set release dates all they want but the carriers get the actual say. Lets make sure we understand that. After all, HPs website still says "Planned availability this summer" rather than a set date/month for we all know the carriers make the release calls right???? Direct the pitchforks and torches to the carriers to let them know we REALLY want it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    What do we want?

Pre 3 and TP!

When do we want them?

In the coming months!
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Funny overlooked thing with North American phone markets is manufacturers can set release dates all they want but the carriers get the actual say. Lets make sure we understand that. After all, HPs website still says "Planned availability this summer" rather than a set date/month for we all know the carriers make the release calls right???? Direct the pitchforks and torches to the carriers to let them know we REALLY want it.
    ah some common sense.

Carriers control the ship. These "in the coming months" nonsense jokes are getting old. HP can only do so much. They can't force a carrier to launch on a specific date.
    Not official but a gazillion Pre 3s have been spotted with Verizon Wireless in their string.
    also keep in mind, the "rumour" right now is June 20. Does HP not have an event on June 6? That would give them 2 weeks for launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Not official but a gazillion Pre 3s have been spotted with Verizon Wireless in their string.
    where so?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I wonder if HP (or anyone) has the scale to actually handle a launch on all three US carriers at once. It would be fantastic for HP and webOS to get it in as many hands as possible. It's also amazing we haven't had any leaks out of manufacturing if it really does turn out to be a June / July release.

I of course would be happy if they released on Sprint but at this point I just want the Pre 3 out there, don't care who's carrying it.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Isn't the HP Byron Nelson golf tournament this weekend? Seems like an awfully good opportunity to announce something, right?
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I am ready to jump ship from sprint to verizon.

only question... If I am under 2 year contract...can they change my contracted plan from unli data to teired? Or do I get to stay with what I start my contract with?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    The issue is an answer to one of these questions for all these folks who have had their Pre- for nearly 2 years:

Will Sprint get the Pre3? If not should I just switch to Android now or maybe look at verizon or at&t? But, which one is getting the Pre3 and when? How much longer do I wait in limbo?

That is what's going on.

Here's the problem tho. HP and originally Palm doesn't care about us existing WebOS users. That has been stated and confirmed by lack of communication. We don't owe HP anything either. Remember, you can get another phone now and get another one in the future.

I do agree that HP is continuing the trend of Palm of under-delivering and shooting themselves in the foot. Certainly understand that the carriers determine actual launch dates but come on, nothing since Feb 9. Ridiculous.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    The issue is an answer to one of these questions for all these folks who have had their Pre- for nearly 2 years:

Will Sprint get the Pre3? If not should I just switch to Android now or maybe look at verizon or at&t? But, which one is getting the Pre3 and when? How much longer do I wait in limbo?

That is what's going on.

Here's the problem tho. HP and originally Palm doesn't care about us existing WebOS users. That has been stated and confirmed by lack of communication. We don't owe HP anything either. Remember, you can get another phone now and get another one in the future.

I do agree that HP is continuing the trend of Palm of under-delivering and shooting themselves in the foot. Certainly understand that the carriers determine actual launch dates but come on, nothing since Feb 9. Ridiculous.
    VZW has been leaked for the Pre3, similar to how ATT was leaked for the Veer.
    Yes, Ruby said at Engadget show in March that the base of Pre users is practically non-existent.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    ah some common sense.

Carriers control the ship. These "in the coming months" nonsense jokes are getting old. HP can only do so much. They can't force a carrier to launch on a specific date.
    My original post said nothing about "launch date". I just used June because it's the beginning of summer. I merely stated that many were restless with the fact that there had been no announcement on WHICH carrier(s) would get the phone. We all know that the carriers must test the phones (and mess them up) on their own systems. It just would be nice to know where we will need to have service if we decide to buy said device(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    My original post said nothing about "launch date". I just used June because it's the beginning of summer. I merely stated that many were restless with the fact that there had been no announcement on WHICH carrier(s) would get the phone. We all know that the carriers must test the phones (and mess them up) on their own systems. It just would be nice to know where we will need to have service if we decide to buy said device(s).
    Well you do sort of know. The Pre 3 has been seen running on ATT's network and Verizon's. It passed through the FCC first with ATT bands and then Verizon bands. I'd bet that in late June early July you'll see it V or ATT first and 3 weeks later on V or ATT.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    It's not just a matter for carriers testing them but how they fit them to their launch tables. They are now gonna launch all the planned phones in a single month for that will hose their quarter. Another thing I'm annoyed with android is they are FLOODING the carriers with their phones which oftenly pushes singular phones onto the side burner for a very long time.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    i think hp is having serious issues getting any love or carrier support. wouldn't surprise me if they just sell the phone unlocked for gsm carriers instead. i do know the pre3 is no where to be found on sprints upcoming lineup. alot of power houses coming though.

sad but true guys!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast