Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In regards to current issues affexting webos, Aside from serious lag, I would say my number one issue that would make me retun the pre3 would be too many card errors. From posts on the Veer that issue is still seems to be present.
    nothing. I have a super flawed pre- and I still refuse to leave because webos makes it worth it.
    Sprint's flaw to carry it would make me return my membership. Hello Verizon!
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I can't remember the last time I've gotten TMC error. I think I've just subconsciously adapted to not doing what used to produce the error, and restarting the phone when it starts to lag to the point where TMC might show up.

It would take something pretty serious for me to return it (assuming I can even get one in the first place on Sprint). I can't imagine anything os-wise performing any worse, so I guess the only possible fault I could see is if the battery life was horrible. And by horrible I mean way worse than the current Pre.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Poor gps. I use my Evo for geocaching, route tracking/hikes, biking, kayaking. I use a number of mapping apps, geotag many pics and upload them to a a service that puts them on a map along with the path I just hiked/biked/whatever.

If it has a bad gps that is not accurate enough (pre -) I will return it in a heartbeat and go back to my Evo, or Evo 3d seeing it is only $99 if I trade in my Evo at Radio shack.

I hope HP has enough tricks to out do these other offers and functionality we have access to.
    Nothing. I've stayed this long, why would I nitpick at this point of the game?
    If enough negative posts are made by android users that switched from the Pre- last year, I will return the Pre3. Other than that, I'm going to want a Pre3
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Also just saw that the geocaching app for Webos has not been updated and no longer works. So that may be a deal breaker.

to Cantaffordit, the thread asked why someone would return it, why wouldn't I compare it to my current device to determine the usefulness to me? I am obviously interested in the device, I am here scrapping for any bits of info I can find about it. I saw an interesting thread and posted my opinion as an Android user in hopes that maybe HP/Palm reads some of this.
    If mine has a fruity logo on it, it's going back.
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzi View Post
    to Cantaffordit, the thread asked why someone would return it, why wouldn't I compare it to my current device to determine the usefulness to me? I am obviously interested in the device, I am here scrapping for any bits of info I can find about it. I saw an interesting thread and posted my opinion as an Android user in hopes that maybe HP/Palm reads some of this.
    You might want to disable your sarcasm filter. I picked something that is sure to happen and OBVIOUSLY not effective at convincing me to return a device I already know I want...

I have no idea whether you or the OP are an Android user or not...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/24/2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You might want to disable your sarcasm filter. I picked something that is sure to happen and OBVIOUSLY not effective at convincing me to return a device I already know I want...

I have no idea whether you are an Android user or not...

Ha, I mentioned I have an Evo so I assumed the Android comment was directed at me. I have spent a lot of time in the XDA forums over the past year being an Android user. With that I think I am now programmed to jump at anything said in a forum post and become uber defensive. The Android XDA forums are like a constant gun fight and troll fest. I forget this place is different.

But ya, GPS performance and gps apps such as a Geocaching app would be a deal breaker for me.
    You will find quite a few threads here from people that don't have webOS and haven't tried the Veer, but they are slamming it. And they are ignoring the universally positive comments it gets from people that actually bought one. As if their job is to stop buy and convince them to return it. Just my sick sense of humor.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Wont return it but I will probably cancel my preorder due to lack of support (and the fact the dealer changed the specs from 16GB to 8GB). It will just be a faster version of the Pre. Still no official support with full App Catalog access.

Will make the best use of my Pre until a 16GB QWERTY-version arrives.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    If it has poor signal quality.

I find it odd that so often the quality of reception is overlooked in favor of bells and whistles. I want my smartphone to be a Phone first.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Wont return it but I will probably cancel my preorder due to lack of support (and the fact the dealer changed the specs from 16GB to 8GB). It will just be a faster version of the Pre. Still no official support with full App Catalog access.

Will make the best use of my Pre until a 16GB QWERTY-version arrives.
    I think you are confused. The Pre3 has 8gb or 16gb of storage. And the Veer always had 8gb of storage in it's specs.

And where did you find a place to preorder the Pre3 since they haven't even announced which carriers or countries will be getting it first?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/24/2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: corrected specs
    If enough negative posts are made by android users that switched from the Pre- last year, I will return the Pre3. Other than that, I'm going to want a Pre3
    Negative?

I'm Positive the Veer and Pre3 will be an EPIC FAIL!
    Just call me Berd.
    I think you are confused. The Pre3 has 16gb of RAM. And the Veer always had 8gb of RAM in it's specs.
    Say what?

I missed that,

The Pre3 will come in both a 8GB and a 16GB?
    Just call me Berd.
    I forgot that they said they were also doing one with 8gb. Hopefully no carrier will offer it. But I was responding to the statement that someone would cancel an order because the specs were changed.. which they haven't.
    Is that a picture of a Pre3?

I thought the keyboard was flatter, and didn't have the rim.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast