Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    "it'll still ship with GMaps initially, which means it's still the atrocious web-stored app that'll take ages to launch. "
    I Never understood how they could ship a consumer product out with such a big flaw. Not only did they ship it out with the horrible map, they didn't even bother fixing it in their newest device. Why can't they do something similar to the iPhone? You click maps and it launches in less than a second. Yes I know you are going to explain how it's google fault and not palm's blah blah blah. As an end user I don't care where the blame goes. I just know that it doesn't work.

"I would return my Pre3 and never again buy a webOS phone if they did this. I haven't seen a TMC error in about a year I reckon, and even if I had, I want to be in charge of which apps I have open, and not have a stupid algorithm close apps on me if I haven't used them in a while. That's an idiotic measure needed in OSes with inferior multitasking by task switcher like Android and iOS. "
    Web OS is the most customizable OS right? How come no one thought of giving me an option that says "yes kill apps in the background" or "no I'm the type of person who has time to waste. So I will handle TMC error myself"
    Last edited by donjt81; 05/25/2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Nothing will prevent me from buying a Pre 3 other than Sprint not carrying it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    If it won't bathe my dog, wash my car, silence my supervisor and get me a raise, I might consider possibly returning it... some day...

On a more serious note, I think the only reason I'd really return it is if the reception was bad. My current phone has horrible reception and the only reason I didn't return it was because I already knew I wanted to get a Pre3 once it comes out anyway. So, here's hoping for the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperIT View Post
    If it won't bathe my dog, wash my car, silence my supervisor and get me a raise, I might consider possibly returning it... some day...
    more importantly, will it help a guy pick up women at a club?
    Besides the obvious physical defects that could occur with a product, no way I would return the phone. Cool thing with webOS is if the phone cannot do it, there will likely be a patch for it
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If enough negative posts are made by android users that switched from the Pre- last year, I will return the Pre3. Other than that, I'm going to want a Pre3
    Lol so you'll return the pre3 if other people complain about it? Seriously? Wow what a sheep!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    Lol so you'll return the pre3 if other people complain about it? Seriously? Wow what a sheep!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    He was being facetious.
    Also,
    There is no need to use insulting speech in our forums.

-Staff
    If the screen falls out.
    Just call me Berd.
    If it doesn't come with a 7gig processor, 4gigs or Ram, the ability to do everything by thought-transmission alone. Less than that and it will be a fail because everyone else is better at it all and I'll jump ship. Oh and it has to have a 20", bendable 4D display.
    If it does not have teleporting and X-Ray vision.
    I'll probably be prompted to return my Pre3 when my first Verizon bill arrives.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The following things would be showstoppers and I'd switch to some Android device. Many have already been mentioned. Sadly, I doubt many of these will be fixed on the Pre 3.

1. Slow Google Maps. I don't want Bing. I don't want Sprint Nav. I want to search Google maps, get walking directions, biking directions, public transport directions. Maps better open in less than 5 seconds. Right now, its not red-light usable.
    2. Lag & locking when receiving a call. I can't remember the last time that my Pre- didn't somehow glitch, delay, or fail to turn on the screen out when receiving a call. I probably miss 80% of my incoming calls due to UI glitches or performance lag. This is completely unacceptable. My phone, is, after all, a phone.
    3. Stuck-in-headset-mode. If I have to blow into the headset jack or fickle with it just once to get the device from thinking its got a headset plugged in when it doesn't, the phone would go back. Making/receiving a phone call and not hearing anything is again completely unacceptable.
    4. GPS issues. There are so many times the GPS just wouldn't lock. It had nothing to do with being indoors or in poor weather conditions. There are all kinds of funky workarounds and "GPS Fix" apps for this, but they aren't reliable and shouldn't even be necessary to begin with. If I'm tracking a bike ride or run, I want GPS to be accurate and not flake out halfway through the trail.
    5. General UI Lag and unresponsiveness. I expect with Pre 3's upgraded hardware that a lot of the current UI lag should be resolved. The lag is so bad sometimes on the Pre- that it will cause me to tap something I didn't mean to. For instance, when hitting the green call button, sometimes it takes so long for the button to change to the "End Call" button, that I think the tap didn't register. So I tap again. and again. and again. But then the phone suddenly comes out of its stupor and ends up registering 2+ taps and hanging right back up. Same problem for the send-SMS button. Tap it too many times to send a message due to unresponsiveness and you end up in the attach photo menu. Fail.

I'm already shopping around for a non-WebOS replacement. I want to be faithful, but HPalm's been giving me lots of reasons to defect.
    Last edited by sagaciousb; 05/27/2011 at 05:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sagaciousb View Post
    The following things would be showstoppers and I'd switch to some Android device. Many have already been mentioned. Sadly, I doubt many of these will be fixed on the Pre 3.

1. Slow Google Maps. I don't want Bing. I don't want Sprint Nav. I want to search Google maps, get walking directions, biking directions, public transport directions. Maps better open in less than 5 seconds. Right now, its not red-light usable.
    2. Lag & locking when receiving a call. I can't remember the last time that my Pre- didn't somehow glitch, delay, or fail to turn on the screen out when receiving a call. I probably miss 80% of my incoming calls due to UI glitches or performance lag. This is completely unacceptable. My phone, is, after all, a phone.
    3. Stuck-in-headset-mode. If I have to blow into the headset jack or fickle with it just once to get the device from thinking its got a headset plugged in when it doesn't, the phone would go back. Making/receiving a phone call and not hearing anything is again completely unacceptable.
    4. GPS issues. There are so many times the GPS just wouldn't lock. It had nothing to do with being indoors or in poor weather conditions. There are all kinds of funky workarounds and "GPS Fix" apps for this, but they aren't reliable and shouldn't even be necessary to begin with. If I'm tracking a bike ride or run, I want GPS to be accurate and not flake out halfway through the trail.
    5. General UI Lag and unresponsiveness. I expect with Pre 3's upgraded hardware that a lot of the current UI lag should be resolved. The lag is so bad sometimes on the Pre- that it will cause me to tap something I didn't mean to. For instance, when hitting the green call button, sometimes it takes so long for the button to change to the "End Call" button, that I think the tap didn't register. So I tap again. and again. and again. But then the phone suddenly comes out of its stupor and ends up registering 2+ taps and hanging right back up. Same problem for the send-SMS button. Tap it too many times to send a message due to unresponsiveness and you end up in the attach photo menu. Fail.

I'm already shopping around for a non-WebOS replacement. I want to be faithful, but HPalm's been giving me lots of reasons to defect.
    Wow. Those are serious & numerous issues. I still have my Pre- and have never experienced 2-5--ever. I know others have had the stuck headset mode, but I got lucky. Even though I am overclocked, the Pre- isn't always as fast as I want it to be, but I have never had the specific problems you cited in #5. I travel for a living & am in different towns all the time, Google Maps & the GPS is definitely slower than I'd like, but I haven't had the GPS not lock. Do you reboot your phone occasionally? I am surprised you stuck w/a phone w/those problems for that long. I would have either exchanged or switched phones & I love webOS.

Most of those problems (accept google maps?) have been solved w/the Pre 2 so I sure hope they are ok on the Pre 3.
    what flaw? If it doesn't live up to the hype.
    lack of im apps, lack of apps that doesnt take advantage of the pre3 hardware.

i know its not a per say a flaw of the pre 3 but they go hand in hand.
    call quality needs to be good, or else...
    I've only seen a TMC error once on my Pre2 in the six months I've had it, and that was when I ran 66 apps on it for kicks.

As for the Pre3, I will be very upset if on AT&T it drops data even though it shows a data connection and a good signal. I've seen a few AT&T Pre Plus's and my Pre2 do this, requiring turning the data off and back on again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    In regards to current issues affexting webos, Aside from serious lag, I would say my number one issue that would make me retun the pre3 would be too many card errors. From posts on the Veer that issue is still seems to be present.
    Are ppl still using Pres without OC? I've not had one TMC error since running Uberkernal and Govnah. If I get a pre3, it ain't going back unless it's broken.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Wow. Those are serious & numerous issues. I still have my Pre- and have never experienced 2-5--ever. I know others have had the stuck headset mode, but I got lucky. Even though I am overclocked, the Pre- isn't always as fast as I want it to be, but I have never had the specific problems you cited in #5. I travel for a living & am in different towns all the time, Google Maps & the GPS is definitely slower than I'd like, but I haven't had the GPS not lock. Do you reboot your phone occasionally? I am surprised you stuck w/a phone w/those problems for that long. I would have either exchanged or switched phones & I love webOS.

Most of those problems (accept google maps?) have been solved w/the Pre 2 so I sure hope they are ok on the Pre 3.
    All that on the list happens to me often, and I do have it overclocked with govnah and UberKern. I reboot my phone once a day else it gets really laggy, and this is mainly from using 4 apps - calendar, email, phone, and messaging (texting). I have a Pre minus. The GPS on occasion doesn't lock either, but I think the service stops so I have to reboot the phone.

But since I got myself a BT, the headset problem, doesn't happen, cuz I don't have to deal with the jack ... sometimes it'll have audio, majority of the time it'll have create crinkling static white noise while on the phone.
    I won't direct it toward WebOS, I contribute most of it to the hardware and its construction. I'm on my 4th Pre minus. Last one, the screen cracked with 5 different lines from the center button to the top of the phone, from just being in my pocket.

But I love using WebOS and it works like they I like doing things and referencing things. Hard to get myself to enjoy another mobile platform and ecosystem.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sagaciousb View Post

I have had all of these problems as well. And, I have gone through at least 5 Pre + on Verizon. I almost NEVER get a GPS lock on my phone. When I recently used the Nav system on my husband's Droid2, I was blown away by how easy and accurate it was.

So, to answer the OP's original question ... if the GPS is as bad on the Pre3 as it is on my existing Pre+, I'm out.
    Nicky
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast