Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    okay,

I guess the rim looks more defined in the pic Kill_Dano attached.

Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think you are confused. The Pre3 has 16gb of RAM. And the Veer always had 8gb of RAM in it's specs.

And where did you find a place to preorder the Pre3 since they haven't even announced which carriers or countries will be getting it first?
    German version is up for preorders on amazon.de and some other sites.
    It was listed as 16GB but was changed to 8GB a couple of days ago, thats why I wrote the specs had changed, bit misleading.
    Last edited by Andreas; 05/24/2011 at 05:12 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is that a picture of a Pre3?

I thought the keyboard was flatter, and didn't have the rim.
    It has that ledge, but it's flat and not curved up to cut in to your fingers. It's like the flat area between the keyboard and the end of your laptop.
    I forgot that they said they were also doing one with 8gb. Hopefully no carrier will offer it. But I was responding to the statement that someone would cancel an order because the specs were changed.. which they haven't.
    i think hes referring to the amazon posting. they posted the Pre3 for pre order with 16Gb but then changed the listing on their site to the 8Gb version.

errrr......

maybe this one?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...n-website.html
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    If GPS is broken again (fixed for me on VZW with 2.1), if the PDF reader doesn't work any better than today, if Verizon holds back updates to the OS.
    If they price it wrong. I'm not paying more than $500 unsubsidized retail for it. And they better break my Bell contract on the Pre as part of the make things right thing.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05/24/2011 at 05:28 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I will return Pre3 if

1. If the Map takes forever to launch, like my Original Pre used to do.
    2. If the reboot takes forever
    3. Too many cards error. They need to figure out an algorithm to determine apps that are not being actively used and silently kill them off in the background.
    4. If it has a cheap plastic feel to it.
    5. If the actions on the phone are not crisp, like the iPhone. And no i dont want to achieve this by overclocking.
    1. Light leakage and/or dead pixel.

2. Frozen screen like some reported with veer. Will take it up with hp first so that they can deal with it.

3. Oreo twisting should it exist.

4. If they announce another webos device to be released before years end, hopefully it will truly be HP's design.

5. Any other hardware failure that existed with the previous version that haven't been resolved.

I would be ****ed if I would have to repurchase apps, but wouldn't be inclined to return it.
  9.    #29  
    You will find quite a few threads here from people that don't have webOS and haven't tried the Veer, but they are slamming it. And they are ignoring the universally positive comments it gets from people that actually bought one. As if their job is to stop buy and convince them to return it. Just my sick sense of humor.
    Your post always amuse me. Who cares if people complain about webos. That's the purpose of forums. I would hope Palm and HP would pruse this site to make certain their devices are in line with what consumers. There aren't many OS's that has the support and honesty as the Palm faithful. I'm microsoft would jump over backwards to get the "negative" feedback found on these forums.

Also, it safe to assume the vast majority of folks on this site are in the likely to buy a webos product catergory. I own a pre and before that every palm device since the beginning of time (on sprint) but I also like the iphone, winmo, and some android devices. That doesn't mean I'll take the time to create an account on those various OS just to post negative comments. So I highly doubt other folks are doing the same for precentral. Most people if not all members here want webos to succeed. We can only wait so long (sprint users). Especially when you see other carriers dropping the ball on all things webos ...cough..att.. yet get top billing time and time again on new devices by all OS platforms.
    There really isn't anything that will make me take it back. It fixes every grip I ever had about my Sprint Pre- and then some. The biggest thing that would happen to the Pre3 is if they somehow have a huge mechanical flaw at the factory and a bunch get released with defects. However, this won't happen because all the devices go through a check before leaving the factory.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    There really isn't anything that will make me take it back. It fixes every grip I ever had about my Sprint Pre- and then some. The biggest thing that would happen to the Pre3 is if they somehow have a huge mechanical flaw at the factory and a bunch get released with defects. However, this won't happen because all the devices go through a check before leaving the factory.
    I'm pretty sure the Pres we got also went through QC... but the real question is how good the QC is and if the defect is actually a design flaw. No amount of QA would fix a design flaw.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Your post always amuse me. Who cares if people complain about webos. That's the purpose of forums. I would hope Palm and HP would pruse this site to make certain their devices are in line with what consumers. There aren't many OS's that has the support and honesty as the Palm faithful.
    I'm glad I amuse you. That's my mission . And Palm definitely reads these forums. But to clarify the purpose of these forums... I clipped this from the forum guidelines:

Our primary goals include maintaining a friendly environment, attracting new members, keeping the forums organized, and ensuring P|C remains the number one site for webOS enthusiasts to turn to for news, discussions, and help regardless of skill level.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Pres we got also went through QC... but the real question is how good the QC is and if the defect is actually a design flaw. No amount of QA would fix a design flaw.
    Exactly, and HP proved that they went all out on design this time around because every single known handset alive right now is rock solid.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    If the Pre3 hardware is anything like the Veer's -and reports are that it's as good or better- we're not going to have to worry about that department at all. My Veer is the most solid-feeling device I've carried since ... Well, maybe ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    3. Too many cards error. They need to figure out an algorithm to determine apps that are not being actively used and silently kill them off in the background.
    I would return my Pre3 and never again buy a webOS phone if they did this. I haven't seen a TMC error in about a year I reckon, and even if I had, I want to be in charge of which apps I have open, and not have a stupid algorithm close apps on me if I haven't used them in a while. That's an idiotic measure needed in OSes with inferior multitasking by task switcher like Android and iOS.

And just a heads up: the Pre3 will be made of plastic so it'll feel plasticky, which you consider cheap, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$'$ll$ $still$ $ship$ $with$ $GMaps$ $initially$, $which$ $means$ $it$'$s$ $still$ $the$ $atrocious$ $web$-$stored$ $app$ $that$'$ll$ $take$ $ages$ $to$ $launch$.
    You'd better steer clear of the Pre3 because you'd return it immediately after opening the box.
    i'd think about returning it if turns out there's no skype and gtalk videocall integration.
    and btw re:8gb/16gb the amazon listing says 8gb but the specs pdf on that same site says 16gb, and other dealers list the 16gb version with the same model number, so i think it's not sure which version is offered.
    If it gets "Stuck in the Headset Mode." I'm sick of dealing with the design flaw of the Pre-'s headset jack. Otherwise,the Pre- is a great phone.
    If it's gotta crappy slider mechanism like the Pre.
    if I have to unplug my 3.5mm jack every time I get a phone call. I've gone through several Pre's and several aux input cords and a couple of FM transmitters and not once have I been able to take a call without unplugging it first. I can always hear the other end, but they can't hear me. I've gone through a few threads and tried all the methods described but haven't been able to get it to work for me.

I guess that's probably about my only real complaint. I've dealt with this Pre for almost a year and a half, and have had my share of misery, and also quite a bit of success doing things I wouldn't have thought I could do before.

I think it's rather safe to assume that when the 3 comes out, it's going to be a kick--- version of what I have now, and if I like what I have now.......then I'm going to like what's coming out soon.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Perhaps we should wait until it is released and users have it in their greedy little "Palms" before we talk about why you might return it. Just saying
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast