1.    #1  
    Obviously this is to be taken for what it's worth, but while I was checking out the Veer today, the sales guy at my local AT&T corporate store had some info on the Pre3. Here's the paraphrased convo:

Me: Wow - this (Veer) is tiny!

Him: If you want bigger, they have another couple of phones coming out this year. The next one will be like the Veer, but much bigger.

Me: You mean the Pre3?

Him: Yeah. There's supposed to be something else later in the year too .. not sure what. I don't know if we're getting the tablet.

Me: But the Pre3 is definitely coming to AT&T?

Him: Yeah.

Me: How do you know?

Him: I've already seen info on it.

Me: Like what - in inventory?

Him: Yeah .. nothing specific, just that it's coming in around a month, maybe more.

As a side note, he came right out and said that lately if it's not an Android device, AT&T doesn't really seem to care.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    well to take him literally, that would mean AT&T doesn't care about the iPhone 5 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    well to take him literally, that would mean AT&T doesn't care about the iPhone 5 either.
    :P Apple ditched them.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    AT&T manager at my local store said they were getting the TouchPad, he mimicked putting the Veer on top of a tablet.

Hmmn, one of these two guys has the wrong info. My suspicion is the one I spoke with actually went to one of the Veer launch parties and he might have the most up-to-date info, he was definite that the Pre3 was not coming to AT&T, at least not in the next few months.
    I think many reps who may know something are getting a bit confused between device names like "Pre 2" and "Pre 3".

If they aren't intimately familiar with the Pre line, it would be really easy for them to hear "We arent going to carry the Pre 2" and *recall* "We aren't goig to carry the Pre 3".

IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I meant it literally. The guy pretty much said they aren't being told to push the iPhone as hard anymore, since Verizon has it now too.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    If they aren't intimately familiar with the Pre line, it would be really easy for them to hear "We arent going to carry the Pre 2" and *recall* "We aren't goig to carry the Pre 3".
    Sounds like a very reasonable explanation to me. The guy I talked with today seemed very sure that AT&T was getting the new phone that was coming out from HP in about a month or so, and that it was the same form factor as the Veer .... except bigger. He specifically said "new" ... so that leaves out the Pre2.

With all of this said, we are smart to remember that these are local sales reps who probably don't know near as much as they think they do. That's why I labeled this as "for what it's worth".

I'm a Verizon customer myself (just went to the store to see the Veer) so I don't really care if AT&T gets the phone, so long as Verizon gets it.

One side note I forgot to mention -- the AT&T guy said they hadn't sold any Veers. I wouldn't read that much into it, though, as I really don't think this is a high volume store. He was also making fun of the Samsung Infuse, which was a few phones down the line from the Veer. He said he couldn't imagine who would want that big thing. He had customers return other 4.3'' Android phones because they said they were "too big", and this one is even bigger.