Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the email I received today from dan@sprint.com regarding future webOS devices and pre3:

"Dear,

I attempted to contact you on 3 occasions; you were not available at the
    time of my call, I left voice mail messages for you. At this time we are
    unable to provide you with any information on if or when Sprint will be
    offering Web OS or Pre 3 devices. We appreciate you taking time out of
    your busy schedule to share your interest. I will forward your feedback
    about new products to the appropriate group for review. Your feedback
    will help us to continue to improve our products, services and overall
    customer experience. You can visit Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint for any updates on new
    products.

Sprint"

So, I really don't think we, the original pre adaptors will have anything to switch to in June... and I am not sure about the entire summer... Perhaps we will get the keyboardless device sometime close to the winter holidays...
    I might have to jump ship to verizon or AT&T.
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    wait and see. Except for the veer, there have been no announcemts on devices for ANY carrier in the States.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Same thing they said when I wrote them months ago. You really ought to call the number & talk to them. You won't get any real/new news, but they are definitely reaching out to you--3 voicemails. It says a lot about Sprint & makes it look like you are simply a "seminar" caller/e-mailer if you don't really try to communicate w/them. They need to know you just aren't part of a "spam" campaign to mass e-mail them.

They were very responsive when I called & talked to them.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    wait and see. Except for the veer, there have been no announcemts on devices for ANY carrier in the States.
    True, but there is a GSM only version, so I assume that will end up with AT&T, and then the CDMA variant was seen in the wild with Verizon logo on it... No noise about Sprint whatsoever...
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Same thing they said when I wrote them months ago. You really ought to call the number & talk to them. You won't get any real/new news, but they are definitely reaching out to you--3 voicemails. It says a lot about Sprint & makes it look like you are simply a "seminar" caller/e-mailer if you don't really try to communicate w/them. They need to know you just aren't part of a "spam" campaign to mass e-mail them.

They were very responsive when I called & talked to them.
    I did speak to them today as well, and I really like their customer service. They try hard, and the girl told me she handles 7-8 similar calls per day. But at the end all she could say is that it does not seem like they will carry it in the immediate future... perhaps this will change later. That was the message.
    Talked with the folks behind Dan@sprint.com last week myself. She said she had no information on if/when it would be released either, but that she had been making 10-15 of these calls a day for some time. Hopefully they're paying attention. My e-mail went something like this:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us at Dan@Sprint.com.

We appreciate your feedback regarding phones and areas of opportunity to
    improve Sprint. We at Sprint take competition in the market seriously
    and we are working hard to develop and deliver new phones with quality
    features. We currently have no future HP webOS equipment scheduled to
    be released on the Sprint network at this time. However, I will
    certainly pass the information along to our Marketing Team so that all
    involved can be aware of what our customers seek.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Sprint must have lost a lot of money on the Pre-, although they can't entirely point the finger at Palm maybe they are asking for concession. Maybe HP says "meh." With the current cellular operator climate, Sprint isn't exactly in a position to demand much of anything.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    its possible that since the rest of the world is moving to LTE that HP doesn't want to deal with wimax. And if that's the case I wouldn't blame them. You also have the least amount of subscribers than at&t or verizon.

financially speaking it makes sense.
    My wife already jumped to AT&T for the Veer. I'll be doing the same when they get the Pre3. Sprint is a sinking ship for webOS.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    My wife already jumped to AT&T for the Veer. I'll be doing the same when they get the Pre3. Sprint is a sinking ship for webOS.
    Just out of curiousity, why AT&T over Verizon? I think the service is much more reliable on Verizon and Pre3 is a world phone so you can still use it overseas.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    Just out of curiousity, why AT&T over Verizon? I think the service is much more reliable on Verizon and Pre3 is a world phone so you can still use it overseas.
    Veer is not available on Verizon, and his wife got a Veer.
    I still thnk sprint will have the Pre3. The closer they get to launch, the more vague they will be, too. I believe!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Just spoke to someone in Dan's office. What he told me was, he was not aware of any carriers of the Pre 3 yet, but that they have had a lot of customer inquiries about the phone, and that he personally expects Sprint to carry it, due to the volume of customer inquiries.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    The official email from Dan's office offered much, and by that I mean none, less detail than the rep gave me over the phone. Basically, none of the current HP phones are offered and they have no insight into the future, but that they will forward my feedback to marketing.
    I emailed and was called on the phone with his office also. She told me that they had no plans on adding to their phone lineup. She then asked me a few questions along the line of why I like WebOS so much.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    its possible that since the rest of the world is moving to LTE that HP doesn't want to deal with wimax. And if that's the case I wouldn't blame them. You also have the least amount of subscribers than at&t or verizon.

financially speaking it makes sense.
    Since the Pre3 is a 3G device anyway, it doesn't matter what the carriers' 4G roadmaps are.
    Why is it beneficial to HP not to name carriers as early as possible? If they don't go with Sprint, people can begin to maneuver to go to ATT or Verizon. They have to know internally at this point who will carry their devices? The cell phone business is so dumb.

Why does it have to be so secretive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Why is it beneficial to HP not to name carriers as early as possible?
    Answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo
    If they don't go with Sprint, people can begin to maneuver to go to ATT or Verizon.

It's secretive because there's a lot of money at stake, for the carriers and for HP. It's in Sprint's best interest to prolong negotiations as long as possible, so that if they ultimately decide not to carry the Pre3, people will have less of a heads-up to jump ship.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure VZW and AT&T are probably fighting for some kind of exclusivity - this may be slowing down the negotiations and lengthening the delay before announcement. There's a lot to be talked about between HP and the carriers - advertising responsibilities, branding on the devices, minimum sales expectations, etc. Not to mention carrier testing and
    approval.
    plus it looks like HP is dumping its loyal Pre fans, thereby sending a signal to the market that HP is not competitive with Apple in terms of customer service.
    looks like I'm heading to big red when my contract is up this june.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast