Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    My thought exactly, the manufacturer making it right for THEIR customer. The manufacturer does NOT control the carrier, the manufacturer said they would "make it right" for legacy users. Please correct me if the manufacturer said "Sprint users" or "legacy users on every carrier".
    Just asking: a million and one complaints about poor hardware builds, lack of new hardware, no webOS update, and a mention that everything will be made right.
    Now we are getting new hardware, excellent build quality, added features, updated OS.
    Isn't that enough right?
    People go on as though HP should put a free phone in their hands. But then, they are, the Veer is available free. Not right enough?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The fact is that most of the Pre early adopters with Sprint are about to hit the end of their contracts.
    Only those early adopters who did not upgrade to another platform already are about to hit the end of their contracts -- and that is a vast majority of the original early adopters gone from webOS.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Only those early adopters who did not upgrade to another platform already are about to hit the end of their contracts -- and that is a vast majority of the original early adopters gone from webOS.
    If you're correct can we then quit with the narrative that all of these loyal webOS Sprint customers are being screwed? If someone refuses to leave Sprint then they are a loyal Sprint customer.

At some point, webOS is going to be on Sprint with a new phone. I don't think it will be this year but I sure hope they announce the Pre 3 for all major providers just so the Sprint users will stop complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Just asking: a million and one complaints about poor hardware builds, lack of new hardware, no webOS update, and a mention that everything will be made right.
    Now we are getting new hardware, excellent build quality, added features, updated OS.
    Isn't that enough right?
    People go on as though HP should put a free phone in their hands. But then, they are, the Veer is available free. Not right enough?
    Below you will find a thread and the quote from me in it from earlier today...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2972849

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This, especially with the fact that HP is selling the phone for $50 less than the carrier subsidized version, and HP went out and got a big box store to sell it for $100 less than carrier. I think they made things pretty good so far for those legacy users (most of which are still under or just got out of their Sprint contract if they haven't already left WebOS).

Hoping to see something similar with the Pre3, also I like that they got the reduced off contract Dev phone Veer out the week of launch.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Well I emailed Dan@sprint last week with my Sprint phone number. I received a call two days later, played phone tag, and finally spoke with somone today. Here is the email after our talk. Conclusion.....Sprint made a significant effort to say no new WebOs phones at this time. Keep the heat up folks and email Dan@sprint.com and then post the replys here. I think it will help..........fingers crossed.

"Thank you for contacting to Dan@Sprint.com and for speaking with me today. Per our conversation, we appreciate your feedback regarding phones and areas of opportunity to improve Sprint. We at Sprint take competition in the market seriously and we are working hard to develop and deliver new phones with quality features. As you are aware, we currently do not offer any of the new HP Palm devices and have no futureinsight at this time.
    Wow I wonder if this really means it's done for Sprint for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by landford View Post
    Wow I wonder if this really means it's done for Sprint for the time being.
    No it just means what we all know. CSR's have little to no information on the Pre 3 nor would they share specific info if they did know.
    The German Pre3 launch looks like June 26th. No U.S. launch announcements have been made. This is exactly how the Pre2 launch went down. It took 5 months from the Germany Pre2 launch until Verizon launched it, though HP did give up and launched the Pre2 as a developer phone earlier than the pillowy soft launch at Verizon.
    Email sent, I'll post if I hear anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The German Pre3 launch looks like June 26th. No U.S. launch announcements have been made. This is exactly how the Pre2 launch went down. It took 5 months from the Germany Pre2 launch until Verizon launched it, though HP did give up and launched the Pre2 as a developer phone earlier than the pillowy soft launch at Verizon.
    I think it was just under 4 months from the France release to the Verizon release and it won't be like that this time. I don't see them releasing the Pre 3 in Germany before the major release of the TP on 7/1. That wouldn't make any sense.
    Got a call today from Sprint following up on the email I sent to the dan@... email address. The person who called could "neither confirm or deny" that they will get a webOS phone. She tried to say that Sprint has a great lineup of smartphones, specifically mentioning Android phones. I proceeded to tell her that I would sooner go back to a "dumb" phone than use an Android device.

I also said I was planning on getting the HP TouchPad tablet in a few weeks when it was released and that the phone and tablet are designed to work together, sharing information via the Touch-to-Share feature. This was apparently the first time the rep had heard about this feature, judging by the "Oh really? That's cool" response.

I also told her that, even though I have been a Sprint customer for almost 10 years, that I may have to follow the OS to another carrier. I told her that, since I am buying a TouchPad, I do not want to sacrifice the full capability by not having a Pre3 or other new webOS phone. She said that she would pass my info and concern along and also said that she would keep my number to call if there is an announcement.

I'm not sure if this is good, bad or neutral, but I figured I would pass this along to the community.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I sent this earlier today. All 100% true. I am tied up and will not have time to get the Veer until the weekend, but that is my intention as of this moment. If I get anything back will share.

A few months ago I sent a note pleading for Sprint to get the Pre3 or a new webOS device. I am a Pre user and wish to stay with the webOS operating system, especially now that the tablet is soon to be out.

Yesterday my two year contract expired and I am now a free agent. My Sprint Pre is functional, but is being held together with tape and a second crack is growing. I am ready for something new. My first choice is to stay with Sprint, but time is running short.

As far as I know nothing has been announced, but can you provide any details about Sprint's plans for carrying a future webOS device? I am likely to sign a new two year agreement if I go elsewhere for a new webOS phone, and would hate to find out a few weeks from now Sprint is about to launch the Pre 3. If there is any information you can provide, please do so soon.

(I don't actually expect anything, but want to make it clear to Sprint the reason I am leaving in hopes it helps HP and other users down the line. Also will reinforce that many of us early adapters are coming off contract, which I am sure they know but can't hurt to remind.)
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Got a call today from Sprint following up on the email I sent to the dan@... email address. The person who called could "neither confirm or deny" that they will get a webOS phone. She tried to say that Sprint has a great lineup of smartphones, specifically mentioning Android phones....

I'm not sure if this is good, bad or neutral, but I figured I would pass this along to the community.
    Does not sound good to me. If there is no Sprint Pre3, then it is in Sprint's interest not to tell you so as then you will leave, and it is in their interest to mention those Android phones so you will buy them.

Too bad. I assume also in HP's interest to delay announcement of Pre3 so that TouchPad gets limelight and also so that this forum does not go negative or worse yet, evaporate during the initial part of the TouchPad launch. They need new webOS users before they let go of the last of the Sprint Pre users.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Sprint has doubled down on Android. Their market and money is in that direction. At&t and Verizon are far more concerned with having a large portfolio of smart phones. It's not going to be on a Sprint, but future phones I wouldn't be surprised if they end up on Sprint.
    So who is to get the slab phone that was next to the verizon Pre 3 in that pic a while ago? I don't think they would release the Pre 3 then right after release the slab with better specs. The slab has to be going to another carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    So who is to get the slab phone that was next to the verizon Pre 3 in that pic a while ago? I don't think they would release the Pre 3 then right after release the slab with better specs. The slab has to be going to another carrier.
    HP said 6 devices, right?

So the Veer and TouchPad combo.

Then the Pre3 gets released a month or two before the 7 inch TouchPad (maybe around mid-August for Pre3, around Labor Day for the tablet for the back to school crowd?)

Then 2 more devices for the holiday season (mid-Nov?), one of them being the slab, possibly with the NFC communication chip they have been talking about. And another device, not sure what this one would be, perhaps an updated tablet?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I received a call from Dan@sprint.com's office today.

I was told that as of now there is no information but to be sure to check their website frequently for any press releases.

I explained a few things about my growing impatience and was again told to check their website frequently for updates. The rep mentioned that they had been getting lots of calls and emails about the new WebOS phones.

surprisingly I actually came away from the call hopeful about the prospects of getting a Pre3 on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieq View Post
    surprisingly I actually came away from the call hopeful about the prospects of getting a Pre3 on Sprint.
    That is how I felt after my call yesterday. I am hopeful, but not getting my hopes up too high...yet.
    I have to think that Sprint and HP both would have realized that it was in their mutual interest to announce carrier information before June 6th if they had an agreement in place. The other carriers might have factored into this as well, but I take the lack of news as bad news in this case.

In reply to my communication with the "Dan@Sprint" rep, I reminded her that Verizon spoiled the Sprint launch by stating that they would be getting the Pre. I doubt anyone with the power to do so read my suggestion, but Sprint should have said something either way. I believe that Verizon's statements were at least one of the reasons for the original Pre's commercial failure -- it kept Verizon customers at bay until Verizon released the Droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    I have to think that Sprint and HP both would have realized that it was in their mutual interest to announce carrier information before June 6th if they had an agreement in place. The other carriers might have factored into this as well, but I take the lack of news as bad news in this case.
    Agreed, I said this in a thread a few weeks back. In this case, no news is not good news.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast