Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    No, you don't sound "disappointed", frankly you sound like a whiner, imposing imaginary scenarios for situations that don't exist.

In your imaginary world, let's say some of the things happen as you describe, and Sprinte doesn't carry the new phones - what would you suggest HP do to make you happy?
    It wasn't me that made the promise (so that I could keep the enthusiasm of my current customer base through the long wait from Feb 9th until the new devices arrive?).

Not an "imaginary" world-conjecture based on the signs or lack of them. But hey, maybe HP will step up, lets see in the next month.

ps HParsons, no need to take it to the personal level.
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/25/2011 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    It wasn't me that made the promise.
    Not an "imaginary" world-conjecture based on the signs or lack of them. But hey, maybe HP will step up, lets see in the next month.

ps HParsons, no need to take it to the personal level.
    These were the conjectures of which I spoke:
    I suspect we will hear something around new hardware announcement (if anything at all) from HP to the likes of : "sorry we wanted to do something special but since we couldn't reach a carrier agreement with Sprint, we were unable to fulfill this promise, so sorry, but feel free to shell out termination fees and buy our new hardware on X carrier as our new hardware is so great". This would be consistent with their inability to be upfront with their existing base.
    Or maybe they won't say anything at all but hope to bury it under their press about the new devices, since Ruby seems to feel existing webOS base is practically non-existent, although I notice he felt free at his press conference to trumpet webOS win from enthusiastic fans in Laptop Mag poll.
    You are speculating about what they will do, based on what, your disappointment?

And, you avoided answering the question. If Sprint doesn't carry the Pre 3, what would have you have HP do? Do you seriously expect them to subsidize a competing phone on a network that doesn't carry their phones?

As far as personalizing, I merely responded to your "sound disappointed". You personalized it, I simply responded.
    These were the conjectures of which I spoke:

You are speculating about what they will do, based on what, your disappointment?

And, you avoided answering the question. If Sprint doesn't carry the Pre 3, what would have you have HP do? Do you seriously expect them to subsidize a competing phone on a network that doesn't carry their phones?

As far as personalizing, I merely responded to your "sound disappointed". You personalized it, I simply responded.
    I am speculating based on the increasing number of signs or lack of them. Still open in the next month to see what happens.

I don't have to answer what HP will do to fulfill the "something special for those people" that Ruby promised. Go back and reread my post about good management promises vs poor management promises.

You responded by calling me a name.
    Take a deep breath and don't make it personal.
    It wasn't me that made the promise (so that I could keep the enthusiasm of my current customer base through the long wait from Feb 9th until the new devices arrive?).
    The part in parenteses was added after my previous response.

What are you basing this on? What do you have to base the notion that Ruby lied "to keep the enthusiasm of current customer base"? It's nonsense. The product was being beta tested, and found to be lacking on the original Pre devices.

You have nothing except bitter conjecture to base your accusations on. Those have been hased and rehased on this forum for months now, and it's getting a bit old.

I would suggest that to anyone that is as obviously as displeased with the company as you are, that nothing they do will suffice, and you should probably pick one of those myriad companies that meet your high standards and buy one of their products.
    The part in parenteses was added after my previous response.

What are you basing this on? What do you have to base the notion that Ruby lied "to keep the enthusiasm of current customer base"? It's nonsense. The product was being beta tested, and found to be lacking on the original Pre devices.

You have nothing except bitter conjecture to base your accusations on. Those have been hased and rehased on this forum for months now, and it's getting a bit old.

I would suggest that to anyone that is as obviously as displeased with the company as you are, that nothing they do will suffice, and you should probably pick one of those myriad companies that meet your high standards and buy one of their products.
    Whatever, Dude.

ps for a different response than hParsons, go back and listen to Dieter around the last half hour of last night's precentral podcast. He "gets" it.
  6.    #46  
    I really don't know how we got here from my original post. LOL. Some heated discussions to show how much we care about webOS... Lets try to get along guys.
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    I am speculating based on the increasing number of signs or lack of them. Still open in the next month to see what happens.

I don't have to answer what HP will do to fulfill the "something special for those people" that Ruby promised. Go back and reread my post about good management promises vs poor management promises.

What increases in signs? The device isn't available yet. How can they offer something to the Pre owners if the replacement device is not yet available?
    Whatever, Dude.

ps for a different response than hParsons, go back and listen to Dieter around the last half hour of last night's precentral podcast. He "gets" it.
    Rather then referring someone to a half hour podcast from someone else, why not just answer for yourself? They really weren't hard questions.

What would have them do if Sprint doesn't offer the Pre 3?
    What "signs" are you referring to that lead you to believe they are not going to keep their promise?
    Rather then referring someone to a half hour podcast from someone else, why not just answer for yourself? They really weren't hard questions.

What would have them do if Sprint doesn't offer the Pre 3?
    What "signs" are you referring to that lead you to believe they are not going to keep their promise?
    The OP asked for us to stop and I respect his/her wishes as we have taken up quite a bit of posts with this.
    You're right, I went back and took out the "name calling", and simply described the actions. Better?
    The OP asked for us to stop and I respect his/her wishes as we have taken up quite a bit of posts with this.
    Actually, the OP did not. He asked that folks try to get along. I suspect that you really don't have much to base the disappointment on, and thus don't want to respond.
    Again, they were very simple questions; however, if you don't answer, I'll stop asking in this thread. I think my point's been made.
    You're right, I went back and took out the "name calling", and simply described the actions. Better?
    Yes, thanks. I've generally liked your posts (before this) and think you are a good enthusiast for webOS.

edit: I'm waiting for HP. If they step up and honor their promise, they have my commitment to their ecosystem.
    Yes, thanks. I've generally liked your posts (before this) and think you are a good enthusiast for webOS.

edit: I'm waiting for HP. If they step up and honor their promise, they have my commitment to their ecosystem.
    I guess I'm lost then as to what all the other speculation was based on, but won't ask again. As I said, I think I've made my point.

Until the the replacement device(s) are out, they haven't broken the promise to "make it right".

If Sprint doesn't carry the device(s), I don't see that they (HP) have many options. Possibly offer a discount on their produce from another carrier. Other than that, I don't see much they can do.
    If Sprint doesn't carry the device(s), I don't see that they (HP) have many options. Possibly offer a discount on their produce from another carrier. Other than that, I don't see much they can do.

My thought exactly, the manufacturer making it right for THEIR customer. The manufacturer does NOT control the carrier, the manufacturer said they would "make it right" for legacy users. Please correct me if the manufacturer said "Sprint users" or "legacy users on every carrier".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I talked to a representative from Dan@Sprint today, and got pretty much the same answer as the OP. "We have no plans to carry it at this time". She asked me what features I liked about the Pre, because they have noticed a lot of customers who want it, and they would like to tell their marketing department what those customers are looking for. I assume they are curious what features they ought to carry in an Android phone to retain those customers. At any rate I am pessimistic.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    She asked me what features I liked about the Pre, because they have noticed a lot of customers who want it, and they would like to tell their marketing department what those customers are looking for.
    The answer is easy: webOS. There isn't really anything else spectacular about the phone that other phones are missing. Maybe the mirror on the back...
    Its more doom and gloom here. My initial vote was "May Be" now im leaning towards "No" i hope im wrong now this:

Sprint and Motorola have a little special something up their sleeves, and are rolling them up to show off their latest "collaborations" at a press luncheon on June 9th. Since big bosses CEO Dan Hesse and Sanjay Jha will be in attendance, and the event will be held during Apple's WWDC, we have a feeling this is going to be something big. Whatever this project is, it's been kept under the radar very well -- until now. We're hearing buzz about a Tegra 2-powered device planned for a launch next month; different reports have come out over the last few days claiming Sprint will finally take a turn sporting a Tegra 2 Android -- the yin to the EVO 3D's yang, we suppose -- sometime next month.
    If im not mistaken this is the same week/time as the HP's own event.
    I was in the Palmdale, CA Sprint store checking out the Nexus S and Motorola Xoom. Was told by sales they expect the Pre 3 to be out by late July at Sprint. If this does not happen I will be purchasing the afformentioned products in tandem!
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I am tired of androids one upping of hardware to make android perform as it should on the previous model. Oh wel xyz got added to android 2.5.6.6.f.3.f.5214.6d so that's why the evo 3d runs the same as the evo.

atleast the pre's things get added AND speed improves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    The answer is easy: webOS. There isn't really anything else spectacular about the phone that other phones are missing. Maybe the mirror on the back...
    She asked what I liked about the operating system.

But the other thing I like about the Pre is that is has a good keyboard. I am a heavy keyboard user, and many phones have poorly designed keyboards. The Shift, for instance, has a hardware keyboard, but it's not very useful.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast