View Poll Results: Would Switch To Verizon For A Pre 3 If They Honored Your Sprint Loyalty Program?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 57.03%
  • No

55 42.97%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Given there is not much difference between Sprint and Verizon when it comes to quality I think Verizon has a real opportunity to grab Sprint customers if they respect loyal customers.
    Well, I'm switching anyway because they;
    -added another $30 for my smartphones
    -ditched my one year upgrades
    -the fact that I have 12% on Verizon via my work
    -because they have the worst "4G" network (Sprint)
    -Verizon will be getting the Pre3 *for sure*
    -they keep adding on charges on my bill that should be
    -they have a faster 3G service (Verizon that is)
    -And because they are making me mad for all of that

Lets just say I have a reason...
    Last edited by Rennat; 05/23/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I'd stay with Sprint if they get the Pre 3 but if they don't I'd switch to get one. My contract is up and I could care less if it costs me a few happy meals more to switch carriers...I'm going to enjoy my phone now. Never know, you may not make it to tomorrow...need more options on your poll.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I left Sprint when I got my Pre 2 (now on ATT, temporarily -- no contract). I'm hoping to switch to Verizon for the Pre 3 because my ATT experience has taught me that the quality of the signal is more important than anything else.
  5.    #5  
    I'm frankly exhausted wondering if Sprint will ever get the Pre 3. Does anyone know how many WebOS customers are on Sprint?

Because I'm thinking we should petition Verizon to give loyal Sprint customers a deal to switch over.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm frankly exhausted wondering if Sprint will ever get the Pre 3. Does anyone know how many WebOS customers are on Sprint?

Because I'm thinking we should petition Verizon to give loyal Sprint customers a deal to switch over.

My contract for both phones on my family line expires in June. I'm game.

I've been with sprint for 10 years come June 9. When I changed from the treo 755 to the palm pre I was told I couldn't keep my current family plan because the pre used premium data. So I had to pay for a more expensive plan, but I wanted the pre so I dealt with it. At the time I only had my treo and a dumb phone, which wasn't used for data. Actually I had a third phone, but it went from being either 0 or 10 bucks to 20 to keep it so I cancelled that line. It was a dumb phone, too. When I went to reactivate my old treo because the dumb phone was stolen, I had to pay a 10.00 prem data fee, while prem data is something I'm already supposed to be paying. I don't use a lot of data on my phone, and my brother doesn't use any at all on the treo. If I get a pre 3 on sprint, thats another 10 prem data fee since it will be a new activation. The charges for the protection plans are going up too. I use very little daytime minutes, between the two of us probably less than 500 total, but the lowest family plan with the data access I need for the pre is like 1500 minutes. I'm ready for a change.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    The only thing that matters to me is if Sprint gets any new webOS phones. Who ever gets the Pre 3 is where I will be. I like Sprints prices and have had no complaints about their service for the last 2 years but if I have to switch to Big Red, I will sign a 2 year contract to get the discount, the same as being a premium user on Sprint.
    i will be going which ever company the Pre 3 goes to. i really like Sprint and their plan is the cheapest specially come summer when Vzn eleminates the unlimited data plan.

i will give Sprint the chance to announce they will get the Pre 3 up till the time i can buy the new Pre 3 on which ever company carries the Pre 3
    i will be switching, but to ATT. I have bad feeling with VZW. unless there are some great deals i can't refute.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i will be switching, but to ATT. I have bad feeling with VZW. unless there are some great deals i can't refute.
    You'll gladly switch to a company who has been sued for overcharging their customers but you have a bad feeling about Verizon. Interesting.

I have no interest in switching carriers over the Pre 3. I'll stay with Sprint and grudgingly go to Android if that's the choice I'm left with. Two weeks from today will mark the 2 year anniversary of the original Pre. I can only hope HP will either announce some Sprint related plan for later this summer or the unfounded rumors of a Pre 3 release on multiple carriers somehow is correct. I can't justify paying more per month for a similiar plan that I have with Sprint but with capped data just to get a new webos phone.
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    I'm on ATT.

I require a phone that takes a SIM card so I can swap it out when I travel with a local prepaid one. (mostly to Panama, where I'm sort of from (was raised in canal zone)).

And I also have 4 phones on my plan, including my parents who often travel to such places as well (and they don't use or want smartphones).

The SIM card issue pretty much limits me to ATT and T-Mobile, and only the former if I want webOS.
    I have already made the switch fro AT&T to Verizon for signal quality alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Well, I'm switching anyway because they;
    -added another $30 for my smartphones
    -ditched my one year upgrades
    -the fact that I have 12% on Verizon via my work
    -because they have the worst "4G" network
    -Verizon will be getting the Pre3 *for sure*
    -they keep adding on charges on my bill that should be
    -they have a faster 3G service
    -And because they are making me mad for all of that

Lets just say I have a reason...
    Verizon's LTE is pretty damn fast where I live and the Pre 3 isn't even 4g so why do you care?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    My response will depend on the exact news we get. I'm on Sprint in a family plan, but my employer uses Verizon for employees, so I'll be torn if the Pre3 is only on Verizon.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I really didn't think I'd ever consider switching but this added $10 per smartphone line is going to add up. We have 4 lines which will be another $40 a month. I haven't run the numbers lately but Verizon may not be much more than sprint now and their 3G coverage is much wider than sprints.

My wife doesn't have any interest in a slab device so if the rumour proves true that sprint will get some slab and everyone else gets the Pre 3, we may just end up with Verizon.

I guess we'll all know soon, in the coming months, this summer, etc.
  16. mus
    I've been with Sprint 13 years but I will gladly switch to have a Pre 3 and the latest version of WebOS. Besides I thought the whole point of being able to port your number over was to give the consumers the power/freedom to move to whichever carrier earned their business.
    "Loyalty" doesn't really mean that much to these carriers, they simply are looking for more ways to charge you for less service.
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    As much as I love webOS, I simply cannot afford to switch to Verizon. Plus I like unlimited!
    HP needs to court the regional carriers. That would be a good way to get their devices out to more people to try to bump popularity. Most regional carriers are offering blackberries and 6 month old Android smartphones. If the big names don't want to play then put these phones on the regional carriers that offer better rates for those that only need or want local service.
    Found an interesting article on how the top major wireless providers lockdowns. This is geared towards the android platform, but an interesting read nevertheless.
    Verizon vs AT&T vs Sprint vs T-Mobile: How Each Carrier Controls Android - Tested
    For those w/ pres on verizon, how has your experience been. Better yet has anyone with a pre switched carriers for another pre. You're exeriences are welcomed.
    However, webos is structured differently, so I don't know how lockdowns apply, especially if homebrewing is welcomed by hp.
    I wouldn't want to switch to a carrier that prevents unlocking the full potential of a device.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast