Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    the $10 premium data add on. The pre 3 is only 3g on sprint, why would anyone want to pay an additional $120 a year to still have 3g when they could have wimax 4g for the same price. With most large cities have usable 4g sprint coverage, I believe most people would want 4g. Also the price of the phone. Most like @ $199, the same as what the evo 3d and nexus s 4g will be $199.
    Nobody wants to pay an additional $10 a month, but since it's mandatory on all smartphones it doesn't matter if you get 3g or 4g.

As for me, I don't care for 4g phones yet. The battery life on 3g phones suck as it is, and 4g phones drain battery life even faster. I'm cool with a 3g Pre 3, as for the extra $10 a month, it is what it is.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Most people I know don't even know that the extra $10 is for 4G. It's mostly people like us that are up to date with this stuff. Plus, a phone can still do good if it's only 3G, look at the IPhone.
    Everything comes down to how well HP can advertise the hell out of the phone and make it a must-have for consumers.
  4.    #4  
    [QUOTE=Smartfah;2969777]Nobody wants to pay an additional $10 a month, but since it's mandatory on all smartphones it doesn't matter if you get 3g or 4g. I've been using the nexus s 4g on sprint for the last few weeks. I live in vegas where 4g coverage is great and the battery life with 4g is amazingly so much better than my pre.

As for me, I don't care for 4g phones yet. The battery life on 3g phones suck as it is, and 4g phones drain battery life even faster. I'm cool with a 3g Pre 3, as for the extra $10 a month, it is what it is.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    I only get edge(gsm), at my house.
    And 1mb down on Wimax at my office.
    Not having Wimax means nothing to me.
    So on that same note; not having LTE with Verizon will mean nothing to most.

Nope, no doom here.
    correct wimax at this point as well as hspa+ speeds are not impressive at all to really care about (look at all the phones running it). Most phones that are 3G have reasonable speeds still as my htc arrive load pages maybe 3 to 4 seconds slower then my peoples evo. As said above the real faster networks LTE on verizon devices have a battery life of 3 to 5 hours (I get 22hours on heavy use on the arrive), so until the technology for battery gets better it is not a issue at all.
    If Sprint is going to charge me an extra $10 for any smartphone, then I'd rather have a HP Pre 3 World Phone than a WiMAX handset that I couldn't take with me overseas.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    If Sprint is going to charge me an extra $10 for any smartphone, then I'd rather have a HP Pre 3 World Phone than a WiMAX handset that I couldn't take with me overseas.
    I agree with this post....and many people don't live in BIG cities so 3G is just fine with me. SPRINT? Are you listening?? I WANT AN HP PRE3 soon please.
    Yeah, the extra $10 sucks, and 4g is a consideration for my next phone ... but for me it doesn't necessarily kill the Pre 3, and right now I think that would still be my first choice for a new phone (if it was actually available). I've been looking at what Sprint has (since I'm about eligible for an upgrade) and don't see a phone that I would take over a Pre 3. The 4g would be nice, but not a necessity (and it is apparently a real battery killer). The $10 is just the cost of doing business with Sprint now ... it would make me consider moving to Verizon more than picking a specific phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    the $10 premium data add on. The pre 3 is only 3g on sprint, why would anyone want to pay an additional $120 a year to still have 3g when they could have wimax 4g for the same price. With most large cities have usable 4g sprint coverage, I believe most people would want 4g. Also the price of the phone. Most like @ $199, the same as what the evo 3d and nexus s 4g will be $199.
    So the iPhone wouldn't do well on Sprint either??? I think maybe you are going a little overboard with the negativity.
    3g or 4g isnt that big of a deal to most customers IMO. They just want something that works for them.
    With my business account I don't get charged an extra $10 unless it's 4g, so a pre3 (3g) is fine with me

also sero plan owners enjoy nice 3g phones.
    Last edited by IcerC; 05/22/2011 at 01:02 PM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Even wih the additional 10 dollars, Sprint still has some of the best rates in the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Even wih the additional 10 dollars, Sprint still has some of the best rates in the industry.
    This. And they have also finally put in some lower rate plans too, to compete with the cheapest options from other carriers.
    I like that this post is completly hypothetical as Sprint hasn't even officially announced the Pre3 yet anyway. Also where is this $199 price point on the pre and HTC 3D coming from since, once again, no price has been announced. I know it is not nearly as fun, but maybe we should wait for official confirmation before getting upset over hypothetical scenarios. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    the extra $10 used to use the excuse of 4G. Now its just a smartphone surcharge whether it's 4g or not.
    this is a non issue for most customers. infact most customers on sprint who have 4g phones are never in an area to use it. so they might as well have 3g phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the extra $10 used to use the excuse of 4G. Now its just a smartphone surcharge whether it's 4g or not.
    correct, and again sprints 4G is not only not considered 4G, it is the slowest of this so called 4G service. Again most 3G phones on sprint speeds are just as fast as their so called 4G. So what is the beef about if the the Pre 3 comes to sprint, and if its considered 3G only.
    4G was released ahead of its time because the devices are not ready for it. The harvard people need to finish the next generation battery types before 4G is actually useful and can be left on. I had an Evo but I rarely ever used 4G because it was just such a pain to use. By the time you turn 4G on and start surfing, you have burnt up more time than you would have saved. 4G just isn't useful yet. It just costs $$ and burns up battery. To tell you the truth, I would rather have a 3G only Pre3 than a 4G/3G one. Something I am interested in though, is how well AT&T and T-Mo HSPA++ service is. I know it actually has ok speeds but does it burn battery?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    correct, and again sprints 4G is not only not considered 4G, it is the slowest of this so called 4G service. Again most 3G phones on sprint speeds are just as fast as their so called 4G. So what is the beef about if the the Pre 3 comes to sprint, and if its considered 3G only.
    Actually, at&t's "4g" is the slowest. Its funny, they decided to market it at 4g to compete with Verizon and sprint, but its just a joke now, but if they kept calling it 3g they would be regarded as the carrier with the fastest 3g service by a long shot.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I'm paying $10 additional on my Sprintified Pre 2 now. Sprint doesn't care of I'm on 3G or 4G. The way it is CDMA and WiMax are power hungry networks. I'm not really happy about that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast