Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Noticed a user with a Pre at a Bay Area restaurant but upon further inspection it looked different then my Pre 2. Bigger and thinner but the kicker was the HP logo on the back.

Turns out it was a Pre 3 beta tester, and I asked if I could play with it. Last time I held one was at the HP event in SF. I can say this version was running good. It wasn't buggy like the Pre 3 at the SF Dev event. Everything launched quick and ran smooth. It was running OS 2.2 on Verizon but had no Google or Bing maps program.

I asked about Sprint but the person indicated there is no news about that possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Noticed a user with a Pre at a Bay Area restaurant but upon further inspection it looked different then my Pre 2. Bigger and thinner but the kicker was the HP logo on the back.

Turns out it was a Pre 3 beta tester, and I asked if I could play with it. Last time I held one was at the HP event in SF. I can say this version was running good. It wasn't buggy like the Pre 3 at the SF Dev event. Everything launched quick and ran smooth. It was running OS 2.2 on Verizon but had no Google or Bing maps program.

I asked about Sprint but the person indicated there is no news about that possibility.
    P.O.I.D.H.???

Not saying I don't believe you but peeps have been posting up a lot of b.s. lately (I think to frak with our emotions) so this just seems pretty random...sry
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    P.O.I.D.H.???

Not saying I don't believe you but peeps have been posting up a lot of b.s. lately (I think to frak with our emotions) so this just seems pretty random...sry
    deesugar has a reliable history.

Don't know how HP is planning to "make things right" though. Except perhaps in conjunction with VZW, they pay termination fees or give a discount to [Sprint] Pre owners. Might be in VZW's interest to pick up subs right away from the fans but I'm not sure HP would try to have this happen.
    If HP does not stand by on its promise though, I have hesitations about choosing them for my ecosystem over Apple.
  4.    #4  
    Look at my history, I've been on this site for almost a decade and have never made up something as a lie or even embellished. Plus there is nothing that exciting or outlandish that I'm reporting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Look at my history, I've been on this site for almost a decade and have never made up something as a lie or even embellished. Plus there is nothing that exciting or outlandish that I'm reporting here.
    Your last sentence was confusing. So, he/she said that they do not know if it will come to sprint or not?
    So Veer on ATT, pre-3 on Verizon and new Slab on Sprint? Hmmmm sounds good to me, though the Samsung's model approach is much better, everything on every carrier.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    OP should go and play with Veer and then compare both the phones.
    Any Pics?
    any hands on with video conferencing?
    what carrier was the pre3 using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what carrier was the pre3 using.
    The post said Verizon.
    oops
    I would think that the tester wouldn't let OP take any pics since being a beta tester means he/she is under a strict NDA. They will usually put the device away if asked about it.
    how do you become a beta tester?
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    Ah yes, Grasshopper... this question is one that has been pondered many ages.

Usually there isn't an application process.. they tend to go with people they know and/or contact people they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    I heard that u have to send huge bribes to PC moderators. Unmarked bills.

But i also heard you have to be incredibly handsome, and that wouldn't make sense.

it was probably just an HP employee.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/21/2011 at 08:36 PM.
    I'm so jealous. Would have love to played with a Pre3. Hey HP if you need another tester here in Colorado PM me. I don't hang out at bars by the way....
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    well I am hansome so! and live 2 hours away from sunnyvale so HP hit me up I will test the Hell out of your phones for ya!
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I will be sad if VZ is the only carrier. Doubly sad if the Pre3 is infected with Bing.
    Did you offer to buy him a drink? Oooh I would have got him soo drunk!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast