Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    One thing I forgot to say is the beta tester raved about the battery life and said it was a huge improvement over previous Pre's.
    me gusta
    This thread was pretty awesome before the tired old "make it right" discussion was brought up again. Isn't there a pile of threads already beating that dead horse?

Deesugar, thanks for sharing. Hopefully we'll see more of these out in the wild shortly!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    One thing I forgot to say is the beta tester raved about the battery life and said it was a huge improvement over previous Pre's.
    Nice post, thanks.
    I know it was mentioned that the battery will be changeable. Can you confirm this?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    If you think about it, all they have to do is RELEASE WebOS 2.1 for the older devices, even with official images for the different carriers, and they would have "made it right". Wasn't the whole complaint, not about DEVICES, but about WebOS 2 on older devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    I will be sad if VZ is the only carrier. Doubly sad if the Pre3 is infected with Bing.
    I won't mind Bing maps if it starts up quickly and doesn't lag like Google Maps.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    I will be sad if VZ is the only carrier. Doubly sad if the Pre3 is infected with Bing.
    I think Google has given up on us and I can't think of anything better then Bing.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    did it have 4g? I'm guessing not.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
    did it have 4g? I'm guessing not.
    I'm really curious as to why people are still asking this question since after Feb 9th when it was clear that the Pre 3 was not going to be a 4G device. Companies just don't do surprise hardware changes before a release.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    so that's a no then. Got it...thanks for the brick wall.

it was worth a question. And I really don't see how it was so obvious, people are still shocked to hear it's on vzw, so I thought i'd ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Nice post, thanks.
    I know it was mentioned that the battery will be changeable. Can you confirm this?
    Well, the battery on the Veer's spec sheet was listed as non-changeable. So if the Pre3's battery was also non-changeable it would have probably also been on the spec sheet. I could be wrong though.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
    so that's a no then. Got it...thanks for the brick wall.

it was worth a question. And I really don't see how it was so obvious, people are still shocked to hear it's on vzw, so I thought i'd ask.
    The obviousness of the Pre 3 not having 4G comes from the fact that every tech site already has reported on it. HPalm has a page on this. There is even a dedicated Pre 3 Wikipedia page:

HP Pre 3 - Wikipedia

There a bunch of threads on PreCentral about this.

The only thing that is not official is what networks it will be on. But I can tell you, the one I saw over the weekend was on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I get that negotiations with Sprint may not work at this point in time. What I don't like is the sneaking suspicion that the "make things right" promise will be broken. Shows no loyalty to the existing customer base. Poor sign on customer service for wanting the customer to invest in the ecosystem.
    Rubenstein told engadget in March that the Pre customer base was too small to mention (or something like that). That tape keeps running through my mind (when I'm not blocking out the fact that I wasted 2 hours of my time listening to that interview).
    I personally think that the "make things right" quote was probably an injudicious slip of the tongue - perhaps when it was still plausible that they could get 2.x working on the original Pres.

Still, I keep comparing Palm to Apple.. when they were struggling in the beginning, it was the True Believers that kept the faith, and ended up being their best evangelists. It would be a shame if HP squandered that with the level of intensity we webOS faithful hold..
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234