Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I don't know how big of a region US Cellular covers but I do know that they only have around 6 Android, 2 Blackberry and 1 Windows phone.

    Seems like this could be a great place to send the Pre3 if HP is looking at multiple providers.

    Give US Cellular customers and option. I know several people that have their coverage and love it but complain about the poor phone choices.

    Just a thought.
  2. #2  
    United States Cellular Corporation, d.b.a. U.S. Cellular (NYSE: USM), owns and operates the seventh largest [1] wireless telecommunications network in the United States, behind Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile USA, Metro PCS and Cricket. As of 2011, they serve about 6.1 million customers in 126 markets in 26 U.S. states.[2] The company has its headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.

    source: U.S. Cellular - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. #3  
    US Cellular is pretty significant, one of the largest "regional" carriers.

    I had this idea and tried to get them to say if they were going to consider HP devices several months ago. All I got in reply was a "device considerations and testing are confidential" line.

    Some disgruntled Sprint and Verizon customers could start a campaign to try to get them to start carrying HP devices.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    All I got in reply was a "device considerations and testing are confidential" line.
    I hate carriers and their BS.
  5. #5  
    I would sign with US Cellular if they had the Pre3 or the Slab. I did send them a note through their contact form suggesting it a couple of weeks ago. If I were HP I would aggressively court the regionals.
    PDA History:

    Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

    Touchpad
  6. #6  
    I checked their site and they do not offer service in Cincinnati, Ohio where I am at. They may be one of the largest regional carriers but unless you live in their service area they are out of the question.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    I don't know how big of a region US Cellular covers but I do know that they only have around 6 Android, 2 Blackberry and 1 Windows phone.

    Seems like this could be a great place to send the Pre3 if HP is looking at multiple providers.

    Give US Cellular customers and option. I know several people that have their coverage and love it but complain about the poor phone choices.

    Just a thought.
    I find it funny that they get faster upgrades yet don't have the latest phones. However I would switch to them if their phone choices get better.
  8. #8  
    I've been a US Cellular subscriber for a few years now (previously with Sprint and Verizon...currently using an Android phone) and I believe USC provides excellent service, but they are very slow out of the gate with new phones and services. I'm also an HP employee and new TouchPad owner so I'm very interested in seeing USC offer a webOS phone alternative.

    I have to agree with iowahawk19...USC would seem like a good target for HP to partner with and I really hope that happens but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  9. #9  
    I would consider switching to them. Sprint service is spotty in Wisconsin, even in Milwaukee. USC has great service from what I've been told. Only reason I've never moved to them is their phone selection is awful.
  10. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I would consider switching to them. Sprint service is spotty in Wisconsin, even in Milwaukee. USC has great service from what I've been told. Only reason I've never moved to them is their phone selection is awful.
    I agree. Sprint coverage is pretty bad at our home in Kenosha. If I didn't have an AirRave, my service would be nearly nonexistent. If USC offered the Pre 3, I'd switch from Sprint in a minute. As it stands, I'll go with VZW or AT&T if/when the Pre 3 is available from them, but their coverage is not as good as USC, at least in our dead zone.

Posting Permissions