Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 107
  1.    #1  
    Pre, Pre+ owners.

    what offer do you think HP will give us on Pre 3?
  2. #2  
    I don't "know", and have NO idea what they have in mind, but, -

    Purchase the new Palm 3 at retail, then, mail them in to HP your old Pre/Pre+ for $150 rebate (or HP credit towards HP products), or Pixi/Pixi+ for $75 rebate.

    For those who purchase the phone through a carrier under a service contract: $75/$50 mail in rebates, respectively, with returned devices, from HP.

    That's just how I'd do it.

    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  3. #3  
    I don’t think they really need to make much of anything right in the first place.

    But I hope it doesn’t entail something gimmicky like having to forfit your old Pre. It’s still useful on wifi and truth be told, I’d rather keep it as a potential backup phone than give it away for $50 or something.

    -Suntan
  4. #4  
    Dunno about making it right seems like LEO wants his money.

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I don't "know", and have NO idea what they have in mind, but, -

    Purchase the new Palm 3 at retail, then, mail them in to HP your old Pre/Pre+ for $150 rebate (or HP credit towards HP products), or Pixi/Pixi+ for $75 rebate.

    For those who purchase the phone through a carrier under a service contract: $75/$50 mail in rebates, respectively, with returned devices, from HP.

    That's just how I'd do it.

    Mail in...

    I wonder if I can send in my frankenPre, and the bad ESN modem with the serial number...

    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6. #6  
    Why would they need to make something right for a phone that is over 2 years old? I mean, if the Pre3 doesn't come to Sprint does that mean that it's HP's fault?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Why would they need to make something right for a phone that is over 2 years old? I mean, if the Pre3 doesn't come to Sprint does that mean that it's HP's fault?
    My phone is under 1 year old (Pre Plus Verizon).
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Why would they need to make something right for a phone that is over 2 years old? I mean, if the Pre3 doesn't come to Sprint does that mean that it's HP's fault?
    My phone is only 13 months old (Pre Plus)

    And what about ATT that got Pre Plus's that are even younger. Sprint is not the only game in town with a webOS phone
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Why would they need to make something right for a phone that is over 2 years old? I mean, if the Pre3 doesn't come to Sprint does that mean that it's HP's fault?
    "We'll make it right" was something that Rubenstein said about the older Pre phones not getting a 2.x upgrade when they realized that the old phones wouldn't be able to really handle the new software.* Since that point, owners of said older Pres have been wondering just how they will do it. Discounts? Bundles? Trade-ups? Store credits? No one knows, no one is speaking about it, and so people like to wonder.


    * Yes, I am aware of the mechanisms to get 2.x on older phones, but it is neither ideal nor does it provide the experience desired for general use.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
  10. #10  
    i think they will give a $25 off rebate. But i think they should give like $100 or $150 rebate on top of whatever else is out there. But i doubt it will happen.
  11. npyle's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    My phone is only 13 months old (Pre Plus)

    And what about ATT that got Pre Plus's that are even younger. Sprint is not the only game in town with a webOS phone
    Yeah, I bought AT&T Pre Plus back on launch day 5/16/2010, so just passed the 1 year anniversary.

    I'm hoping some mail in rebate or something myself.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    "We'll make it right" was something that Rubenstein said about the older Pre phones not getting a 2.x upgrade when they realized that the old phones wouldn't be able to really handle the new software.* Since that point, owners of said older Pres have been wondering just how they will do it. Discounts? Bundles? Trade-ups? Store credits? No one knows, no one is speaking about it, and so people like to wonder.


    * Yes, I am aware of the mechanisms to get 2.x on older phones, but it is neither ideal nor does it provide the experience desired for general use.
    Seeing veer running at 800mhz, and pre stable at 1ghz. I wonder how many people still believe the greedy lie Rubinstein put out.
  13. #13  
    if it has anything to do with turning in my old sprint pre, I'm screwed because I recently did the FrankenPre2 conversion. On that note, though, I could be fine with this pre2 for quite a while. Its a beast.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Seeing veer running at 800mhz, and pre stable at 1ghz. I wonder how many people still believe the greedy lie Rubinstein put out.
    i think it's really just a matter of resources. I bet that was spin in an effort not to totally offend and drive away those users. But in reality they had a failing company that had to get bought out and a small user base that may be expensive to satisfy. deep down i think they just said it cost too much to make it work and it's not a lot of people relative to the total potential out their. I just think big picture they made an economic decision to focus on Pre 3 and touchpad. I'm not sure it was a bad business choice. just sucks for pre owners.
  15. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #15  
    I thought Leo's comments had more to do with the Sprint early adopters who not only helped find and fix bugs, but where never offered an upgrade to their original Pre phones (Pre+ etc.).
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Seeing veer running at 800mhz, and pre stable at 1ghz. I wonder how many people still believe the greedy lie Rubinstein put out.
    Either you forget or don't know that some of the early Pres had problems with their CPUs running at the original spec, hence the underclock to 500MHz. This doesn't address the battery life issues that were experienced even then, and that most of the people that I've seen commenting on high overclocks like that have mentioned both heat and battery life issues. I don't run the overclocked kernels, and my Pre can still get uncomfortably hot if I'm both talking on the phone and using WiFi.

    I'm not going to speculate on the reasons for your attack on Rubenstein. I suspect, though, that you have never been in the position of starting a large project with expectations that you were unable to completely fulfill either because time, budget, or technical issues interfered. I have. It's a very hard thing to have to eat those words, and professionally embarrassing. Sometimes these things happen, and while they can be disappointing or even infuriating for the customer, I did not lie to the customer going into it. I believed that the projects would work out in certain ways. Some did not, and I've never been in the position of the customer having the poor taste of accusing me of lying going in.

    You can believe what you wish. I believe that he did intend that 2.x would be delivered for older devices, but reality had other plans. If you must call it something negative, you can call it a broken promise. But it was not a lie.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Why would they need to make something right for a phone that is over 2 years old? I mean, if the Pre3 doesn't come to Sprint does that mean that it's HP's fault?
    It's on their web page that they are doing something.

    http://ws.palm.com/WebOsChecker/seri...ectedCarrierH=

    Although that coming weeks is slowly becoming just like their other "coming weeks".
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Either you forget or don't know that some of the early Pres had problems with their CPUs running at the original spec, hence the underclock to 500MHz. This doesn't address the battery life issues that were experienced even then, and that most of the people that I've seen commenting on high overclocks like that have mentioned both heat and battery life issues. I don't run the overclocked kernels, and my Pre can still get uncomfortably hot if I'm both talking on the phone and using

    You can believe what you wish. I believe that he did intend that 2.x would be delivered for older devices, but reality had other plans. If you must call it something negative, you can call it a broken promise. But it was not a lie.
    If you dont have experince on OC, then obviously I have more credit than you on that. I have been running it for months, no problem whatsoever.

    Broken promise is what they did. Lie is what Rubinstein uttered to engadget reviewer after they broke the promise.

    Really, what did rubenstein actually do for webOS? Other than force palm CEO to step down and then run palm to the ground? Steve jobs may want to hive him a bonus for the excellent job on killing palm.
  19. #19  
    The only thing I worry about with the "making things right" pledge is they are setting themselves up for failure. Lets be homest, they aren't going to do anything really spectacular. What is the value of not supporting old devices with new software? It's probably not much.

    Some people here will balk at whatever gesture they offer whether it is a discount on a new product or a free touchstone especially if they are on a carrier that doesn't initially offer a Pre 3. A big corporation plus a promise to alientated customers usually equals even more dissatisfied customers.
  20. #20  
    They're not gonna offer anyone anything. They're gonna sell the phone.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions