Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    You've got to be joking. It was on the front page of precentral!

Their lovely little poem in response to some leaked info.

And of course, there were so many times when both Palm and HP promised flash for the Pre that to even suggest otherwise is laughable.
    I don't recall that promising Over The Air upgrades as much as just upgrades - but I could be misremembering. Do you have the link?
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Um... who do you know running 2.x on Pre Plus or Pre hardware that is happy with stock speeds?

The stuff works but only acceptably with the Overclocking Kernels that potentially VOID THE WARRANTY - which clearly could not be advocated by HP. Granted they released it - but it has been said that was due to contract requirements.

Of course, just because I have not heard of folks on 2.x that don't overclock and are happy, that doesn't mean there aren't any.
    I just doctored my pre to have 2.x running on it.

I would agree 500MHz isn't optimal, but really, 500MHZ wasn't optimal for 1.4.5 neither.

Im happily running my pre at 1GHZ with 2.x.

Unless there is a video conferencing via 3G, at this time I really see no point of buying pre 3 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I just doctored my pre to have 2.x running on it.

I would agree 500MHz isn't optimal, but really, 500MHZ wasn't optimal for 1.4.5 neither.

Im happily running my pre at 1GHZ with 2.x.

Unless there is a video conferencing via 3G, at this time I really see no point of buying pre 3 now.
    Now wait a minute. You claimed Ruby "lied" when he said the Pre didn't have the horsepower it needed. Then as soon as you get 2.1 on your Pre, you find you really need to overclock it. Sorry bud, minimizing the slowness of 2.1 on an unmodified Pre by saying it's "not optimal" ain't gonna fly.

You now know exactly what he was talking about. I have my Pre runing at 1ghz, and it still has performance problems. 2.1 on an unmodified (meaning it's not over-clocked) Pre wasn't usable.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Now wait a minute. You claimed Ruby "lied" when he said the Pre didn't have the horsepower it needed. Then as soon as you get 2.1 on your Pre, you find you really need to overclock it. Sorry bud, minimizing the slowness of 2.1 on an unmodified Pre by saying it's "not optimal" ain't gonna fly.

You now know exactly what he was talking about. I have my Pre runing at 1ghz, and it still has performance problems. 2.1 on an unmodified (meaning it's not over-clocked) Pre wasn't usable.
    Why do you think I OCed my pre several month ago with webOS 1.4.5? because I felt the webOS 1.4.5 was running on 500MHZ "optimal"?

Yeah its not optimal on 500MHZ. so is webOS 1.4.5. WebOS 2.x needs more horse power than Pre, exactly just like webOS 1.4.5 needs more horse power than Pre.

Unless he was saying WebOS 1.4.5 can't run on the Pre, he was lying.

Not to mention this webOS 2.x is not a officially baked version. The slow downs are not a system wide general slow down, its more like a hiccups here and there. I am fairly confident it can run even better if HPalm had spent more time and resource on it.
    There is no making things right deal. They just said that so all the suckers stay around longer and buy their next product. Corporations with lots of money dont care about customers, they care about their bottom line and their stock price.

If anyone disagrees, please show me this "making things right" thing.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Best 'deal' they could offer from my perspective is to actually sell it in my country, even if its just unlocked and not through a carrier.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    We're going to give this a breather.

<<posts deleted>>

<<closed>>
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456