Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been waiting like all of your for the Touchpad release, Pre3 carrier info etc etc.

I am excited to buy a TP given the right price. If it is 400 or less I will try it out. If it 500, I will weigh it heavily against ipad2. We have gone through this before..

Apps, size, weight, etc make the ipad attractive...

BUT one of the main features I am really looking forward to is the ability to take phone calls, video calls, and sms on my touchpad via my Pre3.

Pretty much what I am saying is, if HP and Sprint(my carrier) do not bring out the Pre3 then I dont see a reason why to buy a Touchpad over an ipad2....

So do you people agree that without another webOS device running 2.2+ that appeals to you there is no reason to get a TP?
    No, because webOS is still a much better user experience than iOS.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    No, because webOS is still a much better user experience than iOS.
    you mean yes
    The question in the thread title and the question at the end of the original post are at odds with each other. So replying with simple "Yes" or "No" isn't going to fly.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    No I wont. What sets it apart is the way they connect... If I cant have the phone then I will stick with my new HP Laptop.
    I have been debating this very thing. I have come to the conclusion that if a new webos phone device doesn't come to sprint I'm probably going to role with a samsung galaxy tab 10.1v to match my current evo. Living in the same eco system just makes things easier.
    Won't even give it a second thought, my answer is yes.
    I have no real reason to buy tablet. I would really want a TouchPad, enough to buy a 16gig wifi version, if Sprint can get a Pre3 or other WebOS device for me by September. If not I will continue to be a Luddite and pull my 'huge' laptop out whenever I want to show someone something.

Oh and I would be stocking up on duct tape for my Pre-. The only reason I would get a new phone is if it was WebOS. Changing carriers isn't an option until I'm kicked off my family plan.

Bottom line, would I still want one? Yes. Could I justify buying one? No.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    I have Verizon. If the Pre3 doesn't come to Verizon, then the Touch Pad isn't as valuable to me. Come on HP get the Pre 3 to as many carriers as possible. Do it otherwise you will be crushed.
    No probably not.
    If I get a tablet it will be an ipad or transformer.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Iíll not get a TP even if I do get a Pre3. The call/text forwarding compatibility would be nice, but ultimately the TP does not offer the features I desire.

I can keep the usability of two separate mobile operating systems in my head at the same time.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomStrayThought View Post
    The question in the thread title and the question at the end of the original post are at odds with each other. So replying with simple "Yes" or "No" isn't going to fly.
    Yes, we have no bananas.
    So, no, I may still buy the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    I'm the rare dude that likes WebOS, but has no intention of Touching to Share or taking a phone call or text on a tablet (Seriously...why? That's why these phones are so pocketable...so it can always be on you).
    I know what youíre saying. I think the TTS is rather pointless myself. But there have been a number of instances where the phone is upstairs on the charger and Iím sitting down in the livingroom and just let it go to voicemail because Iím not going to go bounding over the child fence and up the stairs to get it in time.

At least with the TP you could see who you were ignoring at the time of the call.

-Suntan
    I'm on Sprint and if the P3 and TP aren't both on Sprint, I'm likely not getting a TP.

but, it also depends on actual functionality of the TP. If it will have the ability to do some -real world- work like edit Word or Excel documents, use basic versions of something like Photoshop and have a great photo and video player, I may get a TP.

I run a media company and having an easily transportable device that keeps me connected to email and orders via paypal and also the capability to edit and show off stuff is very appealing. I know the iPad2 can do most all of that, but I'd rather use WebOS.
    No way,
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have no use at this time for a tablet.
    TP, but no Sprint p3? yes, I would still get a TP.. its the half way step between my tank of a laptop, and my Pre-. Portable media device? Light web surfing? Email on a screen I can read? Remote control of a Windows desktop(one can hope some of the webOS <2.x apps carry over)? What isnt to want from the TP?
    yes. for me having them linked is not a requirement. Actually surprised how many people are saying they will not buy one. Plus, you got to think every phone going forward will be compatible, so that's a good thing for those not getting the pre3.
    My answer doesn't even depend on how well my FrankenPre ends up working when I get the GSM Pre 2 delivered next week. I will be buying the Touchpad.

If I'm not happy with how well a kludged Sprint Pre 2 works, then I'll just swap over to Verizon to get the Pre 3. For a long time Sprint was far and away cheaper than anyone else, but with switching to google messaging I don't need unlimited texts and with a wifi Touchpad I won't need unlimited data plans. That makes Verizon only $10 more per month than Sprint but with a phone I want to use (and it won't be roaming everytime I go outside of the city like Sprint is).
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    I'm the rare dude that likes WebOS, but has no intention of Touching to Share or taking a phone call or text on a tablet (Seriously...why? That's why these phones are so pocketable...so it can always be on you).

So I don't care. It won't affect my decision to get a Touchpad. Only the TouchPad will affect my decision to get a TouchPad.
    Why do you want your phone to be always on you? Sounds like a ball and chain. Carrying your phone around your house is ridiculous.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast