View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 1 of 43 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1.    #1  
    Sprint Is/n't Getting the Pre3

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Assuming they have an answer to give right now. If you are a Sprint customer and care about having the Pre 3 and other WebOS devices on the Sprint network, the best thing you can do is email dan@sprint.com and let them know. Leave your Sprint number and let them know how you feel about this.

A Sprint rep will usually call you in 24-48hours to follow up. It seems these emails are taken very seriously and are pushed up the company tree for the higher ups to know how their users are feeling.

I have never received any unsolicited emails or calls from doing this so you have nothing to loose.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/18/2011 at 11:52 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well I know most of us are skeptics.. but here it is.

Re: Care #20110321140322260 (Equipment - General Inquiry) (KMM84093521V86231L0KM)‏

Dear Glen XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I appreciate your interest in the HP
    Palm Pre 3 handset.

The HP Palm Pre 3 is scheduled to be launched. However, we do not have
    any specific date that when it is going to be launched. Once it is
    launched, it will be updated on the website.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
    questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
    of assistance.

Sincerely,
    Andy B.
    Sprint

I had e-mailed them saying..

Form: Ask A Question-Manage
    Topic: Equipment
    SUB Topic: General Inquiry
    =============================================================
    Original Question:
    Question: Are there any plans to bring the HP Palm Pre 3 to the Sprint
    network?
    There has been so many contradicting posts in here on this subject, I guess only time will tell. BTW, I'm hoping you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    There has been so many contradicting posts in here on this subject, I guess only time will tell. BTW, I'm hoping you're right.
    Agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by glenf42 View Post
    Well I know most of us are skeptics.. but here it is.

Re: Care #20110321140322260 (Equipment - General Inquiry) (KMM84093521V86231L0KM)‏

Dear Glen XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I appreciate your interest in the HP
    Palm Pre 3 handset.

The HP Palm Pre 3 is scheduled to be launched. However, we do not have
    any specific date that when it is going to be launched. Once it is
    launched, it will be updated on the website.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
    questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
    of assistance.

Sincerely,
    Andy B.
    Sprint

I had e-mailed them saying..

Form: Ask A Question-Manage
    Topic: Equipment
    SUB Topic: General Inquiry
    Original Question:
    Question: Are there any plans to bring the HP Palm Pre 3 to the Sprint
    network?
    This goes by what I think we haven't heard anything about carriers. (One reason anyway). Sprint, Verizon and ATT don't know when they want it. Sprint obviously wants it sometime this summer to go up against the iPhone 5. Verizon is getting the iPhone 5 this summer probably and just release Pre 2 -- so maybe sometime after that in Sept? And ATT also getting iPhone 5 this summer so again, sometime in Sept. Which is another reason for "This Summer 2011" as the general release date.
    They may feel that way but I hope they don't and I still think sprint will get thre Pre 3 .
    Until an HP or Sprint exec says the Pre3 will be avail on Sprint, I'm not going to get all worked up on what their subordinates say. I made up my mind recently that if Sprint screws us again on the Pre3 I'm going to VZW. To think Sprint is going to waste resources to kill the iphone with android rather than make a better 4g network and VERSATILE phone selection will be their downfall. NO FREAKIN way am I going to get a Touchpad that I cannot take full advantage of touch to share!

TAKE THE FREAKING HINT SPRINT!!!!! The next-gen webos hardware is gonna be da $#!^
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Until an HP or Sprint exec says the Pre3 will be avail on Sprint, I'm not going to get all worked up on what their subordinates say. I made up my mind recently that if Sprint screws us again on the Pre3 I'm going to VZW. To think Sprint is going to waste resources to kill the iphone with android rather than make a better 4g network and VERSATILE phone selection will be their downfall. NO FREAKIN way am I going to get a Touchpad that I cannot take full advantage of touch to share!

TAKE THE FREAKING HINT SPRINT!!!!! The next-gen webos hardware is gonna be da $#!^
    HUHA
    I am gona get that Nexus S, I will wait to see how HP and WebOs takes off 1st.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    +1
    I believe Shadavis has already stated that Sprint is testing the Pre3 for their carrier.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You have to remember this is from the same people who told several launch day Pre users that if they did not use their upgrade by Mar 31st, they would lose their eligibility!! (When in reality their eligibility just resets from Jun 1, 2010 to April 1, 2011, so they don't acutally lose anything).

These customer service reps are going to say anything to try to make you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    You have to remember this is from the same people who told several launch day Pre users that if they did not use their upgrade by Mar 31st, they would lose their eligibility!! (When in reality their eligibility just resets from Jun 1, 2010 to April 1, 2011, so they don't acutally lose anything).

These customer service reps are going to say anything to try to make you happy.
    Ummm mine reset and wont be available to March 2012

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I believe Shadavis has already stated that Sprint is testing the Pre3 for their carrier.
    Is Shadavis a knowledgable authority on the fact?
    Everybody say it with me, "Sprint will be getting the Pre 3"

Now that we've got that out of the way please listen why. It has nothing to do with rumors like this, it has to do with the fact that Sprint who soon could be the smallest carrier in the US needs Palm. There is no reason why Sprint would try to push away something as compelling as WebOS phones and big companies such as HP. More phones more tablets more choices could mean more customers which is the only thing Sprint cares about right now.

The only question is when will Sprint get the Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Everybody say it with me, "Sprint will be getting the Pre 3"

Now that we've got that out of the way please listen why. It has nothing to do with rumors like this, it has to do with the fact that Sprint who soon could be the smallest carrier in the US needs Palm. There is no reason why Sprint would try to push away something as compelling as WebOS phones and big companies such as HP. More phones more tablets more choices could mean more customers which is the only thing Sprint cares about right now.

The only question is when will Sprint get the Pre 3?
    Not true, when was the last time you actually saw a company do something right that the consumer wants. If there's anything sprint will do during a sinking ship is go with the masses with android. Don't get me wrong, i'm on sprint, I throughly enjoy sprint. But there not exactly in the position to take a gamble if they felt the pre failed.

I mean seriously, how many times have we sat here and said. WE WANT A LARGER RESOLUTION.

But then Ruby goes on Engadget, and says. We heard what you want but we believe you want this instead. Morons I tell you.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have also have been told that Sprint was testing the pre3 and are waiting on the final Descision on the phone.
    I hope that Sprint gets the PRE 3. I hope that Verizon gets the PRE 3. I hope that all the other carriers will get the PRE 3. HP needs to do its BEST to convince/persuade as many carriers as it can to carry the PRE 3 (and webOS) to offset the overwhelming domination of the Android devices everywhere. There cannot be any exclusive relationship as with the iPhone when it was first introduce. This is WAR and it's an uphill battle!

Forward march.
    I get a little tired of folks talking as if the smartphone market is a zero-sum game. Yes, there will be movement between iThings, Droids and the other smartphones. But what percentage of cellphone users are still using feature phones? The vast majority.

My wife's got an LG Lotus, and has been perfectly happy with it. My son has one too. But on a recent trip they used my Pre for gaming and web-surfing, and now they both want one.

There will be movement between SPs (as the irritating number of Evo converts that continue to post here attests). But this market has just begun to be explored. If in six months there are compelling HPalm devices in the marketplace, they won't need to "steal" iThing/Droid fans. They could do quite well just with folks like my wife and son.
    [QUOTE=sketch42;2924326]Ummm mine reset and wont be available to March 2012

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

I think he meant June 1st, 2009 not 2010 so launch day owners would get their 22 month upgrade April 1st, 2011
Page 1 of 43 12345611 ... LastLast