View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    My friend told me that his hairstylist talked to somebody who has a cousin who knows the Sprint CEO personally and that he said webOS was only a gambit for HP and that the Pre3 was just an early April fools joke that would never get released. HP's next phone will be an iPaq running Android 1.5 on a 200x200 resistive touchscreen, with a planned release in early 2013. It won't be on any carriers anywhere in the world because HP doesn't have that kind of clout, but you can get an unlocked one direct from HP for 900 bucks off contract.

Better believe it; you read it on the Internet.
    I'll throw my hat in.

Just had lunch with a former Pre, now EVO, user who told me that his brother works at Sprint and that they won't be getting the Pre3, at least not for a while. Verizon will get it first and the next HP/Palm phone won't be on Sprint 'for a while'.

Again, this is based off a lunchtime convo, so who knows how true it is. I hope he's wrong though. We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance03FATA View Post
    I don't think HP would have much of a problem convincing a carrier that the pre3's hardware will be plenty effective and have low failure rates. Have you guys checked the stats? First off, ever since I've owned my pre I've always felt a slightly new design behind the battery case and a 1ghz processor would make this phone perfect. When I heard HP bought Palm my hopes were heightened at the chance of this happening. What did they do? Topped my idea with a 1.4g processor with 512g ram (same ram, but slightly faster processor than iPhone4?), optional 8gb 16gb HD, front and back facing camera and better battery life! They are really keeping all the carrier news on the DL, but I have a feeling it's because they are still working on perfecting that damn Flash player that we were all so excited about but never received! I think they're having a lot of difficulties integrating flash. See HP Pre3 | Business Smartphone, Business Mobile Phones at bottom in gray, 5. Supports a beta of Adobe Flash Player 10.1. After that is finished however, boom, finally a phone that brings all the specs from an iPhone WITH a full qwerty AND Adobe Flash. I believe it will be the closest competition to the iPhone thus far, despite all these "iPhone killers" everyone is so bold and stubborn to toss out. We can all only hope for HP to side with Sprint.. I've been holding clutch to my pre despite that it's dying on me after 2 and a half years as I do not want to use my upgrade until an official announcement for the Pre 3.
    How have you owned a Pre for "2 and a half years"? It was released less than two years ago.
    I still think that HP's only chance is with Sprint at a launch day market.
    Sounds like it's time to start packing my bags for when my 3 lines are up in June.

Pre-paid here I come.

I'll just enjoy WebOS through the tablet, since I'm not very interested in Verizon or AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    that's why i like my Pre no one next to me has one unlike an iphone here at work three people have iphones...boring..I like to be unique in the things I get
    Well Said
    So you guys see that Pre 3 not coming to Sprint, it is going to AT&T first.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Two weeks ago a Pre 3 with the carrier string "Verizon Wireless" popped up and it was next to a new unknown WebOS device in slab form. I think it will launch available on both networks.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Two weeks ago a Pre 3 with the carrier string "Verizon Wireless" popped up and it was next to a new unknown WebOS device in slab form. I think it will launch available on both networks.
    Verizon is most likely getting it, they even advertise the Pre 2!
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    How have you owned a Pre for "2 and a half years"? It was released less than two years ago.
    good eye !!!! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    its a world phone i would expect that sprint will get it as well .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Cause yesterday I drove a manager from Barnes & Nobles and he gets to review all the newest gadgets and has lot of friends in all the right companies, we were talking and he said that Sprint soured on HP / Palm and chose to pass on the HP products thats why they got close to Google. All HP products are going to AT&T and Verizon, first AT&T.
    All I can see is that AT&T is the launch partner, and verizon will come there after. Nothing at all indictics sprint is anywhere in the pipe.

Companies need to understand they cannot string users along like this. As much as I love and enjoy using webOS as a product. It just won't ever hold on as a product. And thats not saying it will die. webOS will go on and last for awhile.
    Cause yesterday I drove a manager from Barnes & Nobles and he gets to review all the newest gadgets and has lot of friends in all the right companies, we were talking and he said that Sprint soured on HP / Palm and chose to pass on the HP products thats why they got close to Google. All HP products are going to AT&T and Verizon, first AT&T.
    so what about the rumor over at webosroundup from a reliable source that has been correct from day 1, saying sprint is getting a 4G slab device in August?

RUMOR: New HP phone coming to Sprint this August as a 6-month exclusive | webOSroundup
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I mean no offense, because you very well may be absolutely correct, but do you at least understand that no one besides you gives any legitimacy whatsoever to your source?
    also why in the world would sprint pass on all webos devices, when they need to be as compeititve as possiable. especially if this tmo, AT&T merger goes through. So no i doubt highly Sprint will pass on all HP webos products.
    I don't give much credence to rumors... but at least we can hope.
    Last Rumor from webosroundup was pretty accurate about Pre3 so there MIGHT be some truth to the latest one. One can only hope.
    If this rumor can be confirmed by the time the Evo 3D comes out, I may stay after all.
    Yet another thread on a Sprint rep confirming the Pre 3.

I received a survey call today, and I asked about the Pre 3. The rep confirmed that the Pre 3 was coming, but was not able to provide a timeline.
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast