View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    RadioShack? really?.... really?...
    Really.
    I used to believe in HP
  2.    #142  
    Sprint is merging with google next year so it will get the latest android devices first Pre3 will come to sprint but not til sept with WiMax
    Edit:
    I did find this;
    http://m.infoworld.com/t/mobile-tech...int-merger-238
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/23/2011 at 10:08 AM.
    If there isn't some news by the Nexus S release/reviews start coming in, I'm gone. I love my Pre, but HP is acting like Apple here and they really can't when the demand for their products is minimum at best.
    I don't think HP would have much of a problem convincing a carrier that the pre3's hardware will be plenty effective and have low failure rates. Have you guys checked the stats? First off, ever since I've owned my pre I've always felt a slightly new design behind the battery case and a 1ghz processor would make this phone perfect. When I heard HP bought Palm my hopes were heightened at the chance of this happening. What did they do? Topped my idea with a 1.4g processor with 512g ram (same ram, but slightly faster processor than iPhone4?), optional 8gb 16gb HD, front and back facing camera and better battery life! They are really keeping all the carrier news on the DL, but I have a feeling it's because they are still working on perfecting that damn Flash player that we were all so excited about but never received! I think they're having a lot of difficulties integrating flash. See HP Pre3 | Business Smartphone, Business Mobile Phones at bottom in gray, 5. Supports a beta of Adobe Flash Player 10.1. After that is finished however, boom, finally a phone that brings all the specs from an iPhone WITH a full qwerty AND Adobe Flash. I believe it will be the closest competition to the iPhone thus far, despite all these "iPhone killers" everyone is so bold and stubborn to toss out. We can all only hope for HP to side with Sprint.. I've been holding clutch to my pre despite that it's dying on me after 2 and a half years as I do not want to use my upgrade until an official announcement for the Pre 3.
    Sprint is merging with google next year so it will get the latest android devices first Pre3 will come to sprint but not til sept with WiMax
    Good point with the WiMax. I was a rep for Intel a while back while they invented the technology for WiMax and even though the new wireless signal is transmitted via radio waves, most if not all WiFi capable devices should work through WiMax. Intel worked hard to make sure they were only expanding WiFi's capability and making it more cost-efficient rather than making it obsolete. You are probably right however as they probably want to make the Pre3 capable of being a Wi-Fi hotspot through WiMax which may take some integrating.
    Quote from Ursula, "Would it be in Verizon's best interests to just buy Sprint eventually like ATT bought T-Mobile?"

Hellz no! lol. Monopolies would be on the rise in the cell phone world if this were to happen and we'd all be doomed with raping rates and charges. X^D
    Last edited by Distance03FATA; 04/23/2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote.
    this whole world will be a unified monopoly before its over lol . it will be a 1 world government as well !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance03FATA View Post
    Quote from Ursula, "Would it be in Verizon's best interests to just buy Sprint eventually like ATT bought T-Mobile?"

Hellz no! lol. Monopolies would be on the rise in the cell phone world if this were to happen and we'd all be doomed with raping rates and charges. X^D
    Yes, because two companies instead of 3 will make all the difference. The only force in the universe holding back V and AT&T from engaging in monopolistic practices is lil ole Sprint :P
    they may not even let AT&T buy T-mobile lol we'll see
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    If they keep losing money like that they won't BE AROUND in five years. Dan Hesse will be gone by the end of the year if he hasn't improved the bottom line significantly better than to date. Look at the intense effort Sprint is making to convince the Feds to block the T-Mobile sale to Verizon. If that goes through Sprint is in serious trouble from all fronts. They have stopped the bleeding on customers leaving Sprint, but they (Dan?) have done very little on the bottom line ...
    You spell 'AT&T' funny.
    :
    Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    If they keep losing money like that they won't BE AROUND in five years. Dan Hesse will be gone by the end of the year if he hasn't improved the bottom line significantly better than to date. Look at the intense effort Sprint is making to convince the Feds to block the T-Mobile sale to Verizon. If that goes through Sprint is in serious trouble from all fronts. They have stopped the bleeding on customers leaving Sprint, but they (Dan?) have done very little on the bottom line

lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I heard something similar about two weeks ago at a Sprint store when I gf got an Evo Shift. I heard Sprint wasn't getting the Pre3, but rather a Pre 4 to work on 4g. They said it was going to be released late summer, which is around September. I'm on a July 09 Pre- and I'm about to give up hope. The battery life and app store are so much better on the Evo it isn't even funny. I'm not really big on social networking, so synergy isn't a deal breaker for me. I do miss the cards on WebOS, but the amount of apps and speed of the Evo Shift is unmatched. I'm going to wait until the May 2nd announcement before I decide.
    I’m no longer in a panic about the Sprint Pre3. I ordered a custom 11.6” HP Pavilion dm1z. I'm looking forward to Wimax 4G Mobile Internet w/ a Clear 4G Mobile USB. Clear is rock-solid in my state.
    I’ll pay for this new service by cancelling one of my DSL accounts.
    My Pre(-) still serves me well, and I can leisurely shop for a newer phone with my Sprint Premier Gold status.
    Last edited by kenhiraihnl; 04/23/2011 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sj4231 View Post
    Sprint will not get the Pre 3 due to the fiasco with the original Pre.

Secondly, their most recent offering, the Pre 2, is like a new movie that went straight to video;

Sprint ... may have decided to take a pass on the Pre 3 or wait to see how it sells on Verizon due to their past issues with the Pre
    i would not be surprised at all to see Sprint take a wait and see approach to any webos product. Simply because of the things you stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by sj4231 View Post
    What is your perception of HP and their ability to become a contender in the mobile marketplace?
    I've owned two HP computers, a desktop and a laptop and both were poorly built. Specifically lots of plastic that breaks and component failures. And they stopped supporting my laptop with new drivers. Worse there is a problem with battery life in my laptop when you run windows 7 on it. The problem is to fix it they have a bios update that cannot be installed under Windows 7 only Vista. Crazy. The laptop has massive heat issues too. You can actually burn your flesh on it. My parents have a Compaq laptop. The hard drive died. Same heat issues. their printers are nice good though but pricey. My experience with HP hasn't been great. I would not buy another HP laptop.

Because of that i'm skeptical about the build quality of their products. As a company it seems better in the enterprise server space.

As for can it compete in mobile. I think it's a very big long shot. The competition has a massive head start, Android has massive amount of choice in phones and iphone has the look, apps, style, and ecosystem. HP really suffers for lack the apps. And most of what they've introduced in new versions of WebOS don't interest me. I think i'm more of the average consumer then the typical consumer so if it doesn't appeal to me i think HP may struggle. And stuff like the touchpad? I think it will appeal to the Palm enthusiast/I hate Apple people but i wonder how it will fair with those without that bias towards Palm. Regardless it's a tough market and i think they will have a tough time attracting people.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I am waiting to see what Sprint does with HP phones. On the other hand, yesterday I added my wife to my Sprint plan from Verizon, and she has an HTC Arrive WP. For her, a great phone. Not as intuitive as a Pre, but well built, fast, and easy enough to use. My son was eligible for an upgrade. He wanted a Pre of some type, but he got the Evo Shift. The thing is screaming fast. Android is intuitive. There are great phones out there. My Blackberry Bold from work and the Pre are getting left in the dust.

Sprint needs a quality HP webOS phone by August. It's as simple as that.

Can't wait to get a Playbook at work to pair with the BB. Touchpad is coming out too late, too.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superjudge View Post
    you lost me at "i was at radio shack..."
    lol
    Hi guys

I just drove a manager from barnes & nobles he does the reviews on gadgets and he said that sprint will not be getting pre3 cause sprint soured on hp / palm, it is up to sprint to get it or not and they chose not to, vzw will be getting it, but first is the veer going to att then pre 3 to vzw and he played with the touchpad and he said it is fast and heavy on weight, sprint will not be getting any palm stuff that's why they are getting very close to google. I have the manager name but I choose not to say it here.
    I was in my local sprint store getting my pre minus' power button fixed, and the manager asked if I had considered upgrading. I told him I was waiting to see if the pre3 would launch on sprint. He said it eventually would but verizon and at&t would get it first since sprint got the original pre first. He predicted the timeline for sprint to be similair to the timeline when it was released to at&t/verizon.. Just thought I would share!
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrebyrd10 View Post
    I was in my local sprint store getting my pre minus' power button fixed, and the manager asked if I had considered upgrading. I told him I was waiting to see if the pre3 would launch on sprint. He said it eventually would but verizon and at&t would get it first since sprint got the original pre first. He predicted the timeline for sprint to be similair to the timeline when it was released to at&t/verizon.. Just thought I would share!
    This is the same information I got at the beginning of this month. From the leaks it seems that PRE3 is coming to Verizon.

It also indicates HP/Palm has not learned their lesson with timed exclusives. It is only effective if the carrier is willing to push the device above all others (Droid, iphone, EVO 4G, to some extent thunderbolt). I doubt with iphone on both Verizon and At&T and new more powerful phones coming out for android every other week either one of the carriers would be pushing a webOS device.

If this is the strategy, I am not very hopeful of its success.
    I was at my local food market and the manager told me that HP is goon to launch their phones first on Cricket .... Just kidding!
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast