View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243
Like Tree36Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I still don't think the Pre3 is not coming to Sprint, but it is not for what you claim above.
    Double negative!

And LOL at all the nay-sayers who think they "know" that Sprint wants nothing to do with HP
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    More fuel for the fire...

I went into a Sprint corporate store this weekend to ask about the Pre3. The place was empty except for the 3 employees, one of whom came up and asked if he could help me. I asked about any news on the availablity of the Pre3 and he promptly said "Nope!" in an manner that seemed to me like "Nope, and please leave. I don't have time for you." This only made me press the issue more, if anything, to make the guy have to actually deal with me instead of dismissing me.

After some discussions, he stated that he didn't think the phone was going to be released anytime soon. I mentioned the mid-September rumor and the "Summer release" announcements from HP and he was unimpressed.

To his credit, he didn't try to sell me an Android phone. I left after mentioning that I just bought the TouchPad and have made a significant investment in the webOS ecosystem and that, if Sprint didn't get a new webOS phone soon, I would have to take my account to another carrier after 10 years on Sprint. I'm sure he didn't care, but I said it on the off chance that it gets reported upstream.

Remember the Sprint Guy gets paid nearly minimum wage. He is more interested in his college studies or girlfriend. He really knows nothing more than your "nanny" about the benefits of Smartphones/Multi media/ professional and social meida all Unified in one Geo -Presence ready Endpoint for the enterprise professional, general business person as well as the "gamer" .

Sprint will one day have a CDMA version, the question is when....
    then if it's not the 4G then why is sprint rejecting the pre 3? I don't get it. I have been waiting for it. I want it on sprint. But why are the carriers so quiet about the pre 3?

You do know all Sprint cares about is the contracts, they could care less what you pay for your phone.

Well lets see, Sprint charges $10 per line for any smartphone. So if you are paying $10 per line and not using 4G you are now using less data than the 4G phone and you are paying $10 per line just like the cat that is using the 4G. This equals more profit for what in most cases equates to less network bandwidth used, this is why Dan would care.

I still don't think the Pre3 is coming to Sprint, but it is not for what you claim above.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I hate these consolidated threads. The original titles and context is lost with everything intermixed.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    You do know all Sprint cares about is the contracts, they could care less what you pay for your phone.
    False....Sprint care about getting a return on their investment as well....If they have to buy Pre3's at higher cost than what a 2yr contract will pay for, and hand them out like Kleenex then Sprint is Losing...

Just like they did with the Pre and Pixi

Just like Verizon did with the Pre and Pixi plus and Pre 2

Just like AT&T has on the Veer

And Just like retailers are with The TouchPad...

These companies are not going to take Bath in Failed WEBOS products just to support a few Webos faithfuls.

It's time the PreCentral community open their eyes stop blaming everyone but
    who's really at fault "HP"!
    IVE BEEN WITH SPRINT NOW FOr 13YRS AND I lOVE IT. CALL ME ON CRACK IF YOU WANT BUT IM LEAVING IF WE DONT GET THE PALM PRE 3. I MEAN REALLY IT WOULD JUST BE A VERY DEPPRESING FUNERAL. ID WANT A PLG HOOKED UP SO IG COULD LISTED TO HIDE AND SEEK EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY..........................

COME ON SPRINT, I LIKE THAT SONG AND IT WILL BE PLAYED AT MY FUNERAL, BUT IM NOT READY TO GO YET...............

JEREMY/ HEPLORD

FOR ME....''

come on sprint, i dont wanna go anhhwee
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyWilson3 View Post
    ID WANT A PLG HOOKED UP SO IG COULD LISTED TO HIDE AND SEEK EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyWilson3 View Post
    IVE BEEN WITH SPRINT NOW FOr 13YRS AND I lOVE IT. CALL ME ON CRACK IF YOU WANT BUT IM LEAVING IF WE DONT GET THE PALM PRE 3. I MEAN REALLY IT WOULD JUST BE A VERY DEPPRESING FUNERAL. ID WANT A PLG HOOKED UP SO IG COULD LISTED TO HIDE AND SEEK EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY..........................

COME ON SPRINT, I LIKE THAT SONG AND IT WILL BE PLAYED AT MY FUNERAL, BUT IM NOT READY TO GO YET...............

JEREMY/ HEPLORD

FOR ME....''

come on sprint, i dont wanna go anhhwee

And just where are you going to go....Yea people have seen leak shots of AT&T and Verizon Carrier Tags...But its been 6 month+ and Neither carrier has said a peep about carrying the Pre 3 just as Sprint hasn't...

You should be saying come on HP come on HP get it together.
    Does look good for WebOS does it!

It's the family member that no one wants to invite for the holidays anymore!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

jeremy you got issues
    sprint doesn't say anything about the pre3 but I'm not leaving sprint for a phone. No no no

NO
    Hi,

I'm looking for the correct thread here at Precentral which people are discussing which Android model they are interested in or have gotten from Sprint.

I am starting to get confusing on which model I should consider.

At first I was going to absolutely get an HTC EVO 3D, then I saw the Motorola Proton in the store and it looked great!

I loved the idea of taking 3D videos of my dog, but I also realized it is a gimmick phone, but still it's something I had once suggested to Palm about 2 years ago.

The Motorola Proton in the store looked like it had some nice accessories to go with it, plus the screen looked nice to me.

Bear in mind, I have been dead set in my mind to only get a phone with a physical keyboard, but I have broken down to that requirement because of the features some of these non-keyboard phones offer (mainly larger screens).

Then last week, Samsung announced their range of Galaxy S phones, the one coming to Sprint is named the 'Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch'. The specs are outstanding. It has one of the largest screens available of any phone on the market, 4.5 inches. And yes, I wanted something that could in effect be used as a poor man's tablet.

But then when I'm about to 'pre-order' I hear about this new HTC phone coming called the 'Sabor' which is just a rumored phone.

Also, Google is about to release the new ICECREAM OS, which is the OS that bridges Android's phone OS and Android's tablet OS (sorry I'm not yet up to date on all their numbering of versions).

The Samsung will be coming with 2.3.4, can I assume it will be upgraded to the latest version when it comes out? Something that I really didn't have to worry about with WebOS until HP screwed us with version 2.O (which is understandable, the hardware would not have been able to handle it).

I know that Apple's iPhone is going to be announced on Sprint within the next two weeks, I trust most of the rumor about that.

But I'm not really interested in the iPhone on Sprint, and the monthly rate will probably be more expensive (ended up getting a clue on that when talking with Sprint the other day, it was said in not so many words. There will be different pricing for the iPhone then the other (Android) phones available).

I'll end this by just again asking for the link here in Precentral (I'm already asking on Android Central) where people are discussing which Android phone they are interested in.

I'm asking here because I trust my WebOS family, there are just to many Android phones to choose from. And here I think we want so of the same things.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Most of us have left. I'm pretty happy with the photon. I like the screen, but find the whole gadget a little larger than fits comfortably on some of my pockets, our my hands. It's speedy and does all the stuff I want it to do.

I miss the keyboard. I miss being able to do stuff with a small number off actions. But "actions"are do much faster that it's okay. Mostly I miss cards. But I like google navigate, and netflix, and a calendar that pops up right away and stays synched.
    Last edited by puzzlegal; 09/25/2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for the correct thread here at Precentral which people are discussing which Android model they are interested in or have gotten from Sprint.

I am starting to get confusing on which model I should consider.

At first I was going to absolutely get an HTC EVO 3D, then I saw the Motorola Proton in the store and it looked great!

I loved the idea of taking 3D videos of my dog, but I also realized it is a gimmick phone, but still it's something I had once suggested to Palm about 2 years ago.

The Motorola Proton in the store looked like it had some nice accessories to go with it, plus the screen looked nice to me.

Bear in mind, I have been dead set in my mind to only get a phone with a physical keyboard, but I have broken down to that requirement because of the features some of these non-keyboard phones offer (mainly larger screens).

Then last week, Samsung announced their range of Galaxy S phones, the one coming to Sprint is named the 'Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch'. The specs are outstanding. It has one of the largest screens available of any phone on the market, 4.5 inches. And yes, I wanted something that could in effect be used as a poor man's tablet.

But then when I'm about to 'pre-order' I hear about this new HTC phone coming called the 'Sabor' which is just a rumored phone.

Also, Google is about to release the new ICECREAM OS, which is the OS that bridges Android's phone OS and Android's tablet OS (sorry I'm not yet up to date on all their numbering of versions).

The Samsung will be coming with 2.3.4, can I assume it will be upgraded to the latest version when it comes out? Something that I really didn't have to worry about with WebOS until HP screwed us with version 2.O (which is understandable, the hardware would not have been able to handle it).

I know that Apple's iPhone is going to be announced on Sprint within the next two weeks, I trust most of the rumor about that.

But I'm not really interested in the iPhone on Sprint, and the monthly rate will probably be more expensive (ended up getting a clue on that when talking with Sprint the other day, it was said in not so many words. There will be different pricing for the iPhone then the other (Android) phones available).

I'll end this by just again asking for the link here in Precentral (I'm already asking on Android Central) where people are discussing which Android phone they are interested in.

I'm asking here because I trust my WebOS family, there are just to many Android phones to choose from. And here I think we want so of the same things.

Thanks!

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Most of us have left. I'm pretty happy with the photon. I like the screen, but find the whole gadget a little larger than fits comfortably on some of my pockets, our my hands. It's speedy and does all the stuff I want it to do.

I miss the keyboard. I miss being able to do stuff with a small number off actions. But "actions"are do much faster that it's okay. Mostly I miss cards. But I like google navigate, and netflix, and a calendar that pops up right away and stays synched.
    Hi all,

I'm still leaning toward the Epic b/c I want a keyboard....but I keep delaying b/c I'm hoping against hope that something happens with webOS....Logic dictates that HP has to do something with webOS, sell it, license it or go back to making webOS devices.....after all, they can't be forking out money to support the webOS staff and have no customers for the product.....the stockholders aren't going to be happy the writing off of by this point well over $1.5 billion in a little more than a year....

Also as I've pointed out before...Yes Meg was on the BOD however we have no idea how she voted or what she said or felt about the current buyout, (which I'm sure will go thru, b/c usually the penalties are very, very stiff...just read the terms of the AT&T-T-M deal)....we also don't know what she really wanted or now wants to do with or about the proposed sale/spin off and/or keeping and using webOS.

I'm sure selling off the computer division in one deal is off, if for no other reason that no one wants to buy something so large and expensive in this economy....

That leaves the spin off or keeping HP as one firm....

Also keep in mind that Meg's reputation is very battered these days and perhaps fixing HP and finding something to do with webOS, (other than closing shop), would fix her reputation and HP. Even of she voted to kill off webOS and it's hardware and the sale/break up of HP, that was before Wall street pounded HP....funny thing about hindsight...she may have to or want to change her mind..

Take care,

Jay

PS Rob, I'm from Queens as well, grew up in the Fresh Meadows section of Flushing, right across the street from Elechester.....lived in the same house for 38 years.....
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    So you are willing to wait around for another year or two hoping something will happen? I use to think that I need a keyboard but now I have the EVO 3d and can type much faster than I ever could on the palm pre. Better yet my finger tips don't hurt with it. I also owned the epic and barely used the keyboard because it is so large and made typing a chore. Having no moving parts with a slim design is the way to go right now imo . You will get over the keyboard like most people already have.
    Hi,

No I'll wait max 2 months if that! If Meg takes longer than that she can forget any chance of good will and much press coverage...take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    FrankenPre2 of FrankenPre+. 'Nuff said!
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243