View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Probably nickel and dining to keep that plan low. No turn by turn navigation and a 200 MB data plan.
    Actually paying less with ATT here (especially when you factor staying with Sprint and paying $10 per line), no 200 MB plan, TEP is cheaper, plenty of data and if I decide I need the 4 gig plan ATT includes tethering (not a big deal for many here, but for the average consumer that is a nice built in feature), I don't *NEED* Nav, as I can use maps to get me a similar result, there is nDrive if you really need nav, also NavIt. I only used Sprint nav cuz I had it, never really needed it.

I think you may be confusing nickle and diming with other carriers allowing us to build plans that fit our needs. Sure if Sprint allowed less than 1500 minutes on a family plan, they could probably beat the plan I have with ATT no problem. This is actually the ability to analyze what you actually use vs what various plans allow you to choose, just because sprint has unlimited, doesn't mean every user has the need to pay for unlimited.

With GSM I won't have to mess with Sprint and Sprint restrictions when I want a new phone WebOS or otherwise.

In the end though, the awesome thing about what you quoted is exactly what I was saying. People staying with Sprint an complaining or people just changing between non-webos phones isn't going to convince Sprint to carry WebOS... Regardless these folks are all still Sprint customers and Sprint knows that, those of us leaving are actually giving those of you that can't switch from Sprint a better chance at getting WebOS than all the letter writting or any other BS at this point.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    spudland likes this.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Probably nickel and dining to keep that plan low. No turn by turn navigation and a 200 MB data plan.
    2 GB of data, 450 minutes and 1000 messages a month. Looking at my history on Sprint I never once exceeded any of those so unlimited, for me, was not a real selling point. But to each their own. It just seems pretty ridiculous to call anyone ridiculous for making a move just because it might not fit your particular situation.

As a benefit, at least in Atlanta AT&T's coverage is much better than Sprint.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    To each their own. Having gone to Android briefly, switching away from webOS to Android just to stay with a carrier makes no sense to me. Android, IMO, ain't all that great.
    Switching plans just for a Webos phone makes no sense to me. Webos ain't all that great. Now switching for better service makes sense.
    Better service, cheaper plan, faster data, GSM, better phone (not just WebOS, but WebOS 2.x, faster processor, more ram, better hardware, TTS, etc).

I too was once dedicated to Sprint, for all those that complain about WebOS and HP, I am tired of Sprints BS the $10 per line thing really did it for me why am I paying 4G prices for 3G service that is slower than AT&T.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    At least I can edit documents look at netflix and a pile of other things not on webos. Two years and still waiting for Webos to get document editing. Probably the only smartphone OS without that feature. I was a Webos fan but I couldnt wait in denial any longer.
    And for all of that Android deserves a shiny metal. I still hated using it.

I am a simpleton. I in two years of mostly on use of a webOS phone, have never said "I wish I could do..." You would have to hold a gun to my head to make me edit a document on my phone. For me, it works. So I am happy with it. Much more happy than I was with Sprint. The saving a few bucks is a bonus.

To each there own. To each there own. To each there own. And hopefully we can agree that is not "ridiculous."
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    The price of that plan is 79.99 so I wouldn't say it is cheaper since you are paying the same price as you would with sprint for less features. Now switching for better service is a different story but don't say you save money by going to ATT. Sprint has great savings on family plans hence the reason I wouldn't leave them. But i sure as help wouldn't leave sprint for a Veer.
    My bill says $74.99. Don't know what to tell you, other than...

To each there own. To each there own. To each there own. To each there own.
    To each there own. To each there own. To each there own. To each there own. To each there own. To each there own. To each there own. To each there own.
    I say again, we are SAVING money going to ATT. If I activated new phones on sprint right now after discount my plan would be 150 +, 170+ before discount.

Plan is gonna run 130ish after discount on ATT, depending on what I end up going with, I can go lower than that especially once we get some rollover minutes in case we have an unusually high use month. Then with GSM there is always the option of switching phones over to prepaid, then there is the unlocked Pre2 and soon to be unlocked Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    So, check out this interesting tidbit (but keep it quiet, mmkay?) posted here: ??????
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/01/2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add underline to link
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I was in Walmart this afternoon in St. Charles, MO (Metro St. Louis Area) trying to patiently wait for my wife to do a return when I saw this 20-something young man walk in wearing a white polo shirt with HP WebOS embroidered on it. I said, "Excuse me" a couple of time until I got his attention. I asked him if he worked for HP and he said, "Yes" and followed up by asking if specifically on the WebOS side and he said, "Yes". I then said to him that I have to know if, and when, WebOS is coming to Sprint. He said without hesitation to look for it in an August release. I queried him intensely as to how certain he was of that. I asked him if he is certain that Sprint will be announced because I told him that it has already been made obvious that Verizon and ATT will be getting it. He said that enough details haven't been worked out with Sprint yet, but that the Pre3 will be released on all 3 major carriers at the same time. I explained to him that I really need to have some confidence in what he was saying because I have a launch day Pre minus, am a fanatical WebOS fan, am eligible for an upgrade and am finding it difficult to wait. I then asked him one more time point blank, "Are you so confident in what you are saying that it is worth it for me to hang on for a couple more months for an announcement?" He said again with confidence and an "in the know" way that yes I should have no hesitation, the Pre 3 will be on Sprint. So for me, at least, the rollercoaster ride continues. Today I have more hope than I have had in a long time.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Finally, a positive rumor
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I sent an email to Dan too, and got the canned reply. I was being positive and encouraging and didn't threaten that I'll leave Sprint if I don't see a WebOS devices in the coming months. From what I read here, I should be expecting someone to call me over the next few days.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    07/03/2011 06:29:06PM Session Started with Agent (Letoya N.)
    07/03/2011 06:29:06PM System: "Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Letoya N.."
    07/03/2011 06:29:06PM PAGE: "is the hp pre3 coming to sprint???"
    07/03/2011 06:29:11PM Agent (Letoya N.): "I am happy to assist you with locating that information."
    07/03/2011 06:29:23PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Yes, pre3 is coming soon to Sprint."
    07/03/2011 06:29:30PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Whenever, it will come, you will see at sprint.com"
    07/03/2011 06:29:53PM PAGE: "ok thanks."
    (some other mumbo jumbo related to my account but unrelated to the pre3)
    07/03/2011 06:33:57PM PAGE: "o ok. thanks. so u said the pre3 is coming, but dont know when?"
    07/03/2011 06:34:09PM Agent (Letoya N.): "May be in December 2011"
    07/03/2011 06:34:14PM Agent (Letoya N.): "My goal is to ensure the issues that prompted you to chat today are fully resolved. Did I address all the reasons for your chat today?"
    07/03/2011 06:34:32PM PAGE: "december is a long wait. i guess i'll hold off on upgrading then. thanks."
    07/03/2011 06:34:40PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Ok"
    07/03/2011 06:34:41PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Thank you"
    07/03/2011 06:34:43PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Have a nice day"
    07/03/2011 06:34:44PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Take care"
    07/03/2011 06:34:46PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Bye"
    07/03/2011 06:34:47PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Bless you"
    07/03/2011 06:34:50PM Session Ended
    no, agent says bless you..? ahaha
    I was browsing Sprints line up, just cause i was bored, and i click chat with us, and it took me to a different chat with someone named Jessica.. (i think it was automated) but, for what its worth. She said Sprint is getting the HP Pre3 and they made that descision to carry it 2 months back...
    Heres the chat:

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
    You: hi, is Sprint going to add any new HP webOS phones to their lineup? such as an HP Pre3?
    Jessica: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
    Jessica: Hello!
    Jessica: I will be glad to assist you regarding your question.
    Jessica: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. It will be out of the way and I can stay with you in case you have any questions or any concerns. Just click on the "Yes" button below and we can continue.
    Jessica: Thank you for moving the chat.
    You: no problem
    Jessica: Would you mind holding on a moment while I research that for you?
    You: ok
    Jessica: Thank You!
    You: no prob
    Jessica: I appreciate your patience!
    Jessica: Thank you for holding.
    Jessica: I am sorry but as I checked there is no info for the launch of the HP phones.
    You: but, are you guys going to launch HP phones?
    Jessica: Yes there is a planning for the launch but there is no particular time period that when it is going to hit.
    You: and we're talking about the HP Pre3
    Jessica: Yes you're right. We are.
    You: so Sprint is going to be a carrier of the HP Pre3 with webOS ?
    Jessica: Yes definitely.
    You: and are you getting the HP TouchPad ?
    Jessica: There are few products that will be launched, may be the Touch pad will be one of them.
    You: but 100% the HP Pre3 will be launched on Sprint.?
    Jessica: However we are unable to commit until the devices are launched.
    Jessica: Yes you're right.
    You: do you know how much it will cost?
    Jessica: I am sorry but as there is no particular date for the launch so it is not possible to commit on the price as we are not aware of it.
    You: and when did Sprint decide to get the HP Pre3?
    Jessica: The news hit around 2 months back.
    You: what news was this?
    Jessica: Sprint will be launching the HP Pre phones.
    Jessica: However you can have a look on the latest launch by sprint.
    Jessica: The phone is the HTC EVO 3D which is the 3D phone.
    You: so why does other Sprint employee's say that there is no information on the pre3
    Jessica: I am sorry for any miscommunication, but there is very less info available on the phones that are not launched.
    You: is their a rough date on when it will launch like july-december?
    Jessica: There is no date available or the time period available for the launch.
    Jessica: I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    You: well, a lot of people on Precentral.net are saying that Sprint will get it, but Verizon and AT&T will get it first than Sprint will later in the year. is Sprint going to launch the phone on the date, when HP announces the date?
    Jessica: May be, but as I told we are not aware of this as this is the decision of the higher authorities that when the phone is going to launch.
    You: okay, but before i leave you are 100% sure that the HP Pre3 with webOS will launch on Sprint..
    Jessica: Yes definitely it will be launched with sprint.
    Jessica: I appreciate your choice for the phone.
    You: Thanks, i just love webOS!
    rkruger likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerandwend View Post
    I was in Walmart this afternoon in St. Charles, MO (Metro St. Louis Area) trying to patiently wait for my wife to do a return when I saw this 20-something young man walk in wearing a white polo shirt with HP WebOS embroidered on it. I said, "Excuse me" a couple of time until I got his attention. I asked him if he worked for HP and he said, "Yes" and followed up by asking if specifically on the WebOS side and he said, "Yes". I then said to him that I have to know if, and when, WebOS is coming to Sprint. He said without hesitation to look for it in an August release. I queried him intensely as to how certain he was of that. I asked him if he is certain that Sprint will be announced because I told him that it has already been made obvious that Verizon and ATT will be getting it. He said that enough details haven't been worked out with Sprint yet, but that the Pre3 will be released on all 3 major carriers at the same time. I explained to him that I really need to have some confidence in what he was saying because I have a launch day Pre minus, am a fanatical WebOS fan, am eligible for an upgrade and am finding it difficult to wait. I then asked him one more time point blank, "Are you so confident in what you are saying that it is worth it for me to hang on for a couple more months for an announcement?" He said again with confidence and an "in the know" way that yes I should have no hesitation, the Pre 3 will be on Sprint. So for me, at least, the rollercoaster ride continues. Today I have more hope than I have had in a long time.
    you know, this could make sense

it would explain why no att or vzw launch dates have been announced and why the "pre3 delayed" rumors are going around.

if indeed they want to release on all 3 carriers at the same time, you gotta wait for all to be ready to make announcements.

so, this is logical at least and is a good sign.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    I was browsing Sprints line up, just cause i was bored, and i click chat with us, and it took me to a different chat with someone named Jessica.. (i think it was automated) but, for what its worth. She said Sprint is getting the HP Pre3 and they made that descision to carry it 2 months back...
    Heres the chat:

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
    You: hi, is Sprint going to add any new HP webOS phones to their lineup? such as an HP Pre3?
    Jessica: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
    Jessica: Hello!
    Jessica: I will be glad to assist you regarding your question.
    Jessica: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. It will be out of the way and I can stay with you in case you have any questions or any concerns. Just click on the "Yes" button below and we can continue.
    Jessica: Thank you for moving the chat.
    You: no problem
    Jessica: Would you mind holding on a moment while I research that for you?
    You: ok
    Jessica: Thank You!
    Jessica: I appreciate your patience!
    Jessica: Thank you for holding.
    Jessica: I am sorry but as I checked there is no info for the launch of the HP phones.
    You: but, are you guys going to launch HP phones?
    Jessica: Yes there is a planning for the launch but there is no particular time period that when it is going to hit.
    You: and we're talking about the HP Pre3
    Jessica: Yes you're right. We are.
    You: so Sprint is going to be a carrier of the HP Pre3 with webOS ?
    Jessica: Yes definitely.
    You: and are you getting the HP TouchPad ?
    Jessica: There are few products that will be launched, may be the Touch pad will be one of them.
    You: but 100% the HP Pre3 will be launched on Sprint.?
    Jessica: However we are unable to commit until the devices are launched.
    Jessica: Yes you're right.
    You: do you know how much it will cost?
    Jessica: I am sorry but as there is no particular date for the launch so it is not possible to commit on the price as we are not aware of it.
    You: and when did Sprint decide to get the HP Pre3?
    Jessica: The news hit around 2 months back.
    You: what news was this?
    Jessica: Sprint will be launching the HP Pre phones.
    Jessica: However you can have a look on the latest launch by sprint.
    Jessica: The phone is the HTC EVO 3D which is the 3D phone.
    You: so why does other Sprint employee's say that there is no information on the pre3
    Jessica: I am sorry for any miscommunication, but there is very less info available on the phones that are not launched.
    You: is their a rough date on when it will launch like july-december?
    Jessica: There is no date available or the time period available for the launch.
    Jessica: I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    You: well, a lot of people on Precentral.net are saying that Sprint will get it, but Verizon and AT&T will get it first than Sprint will later in the year. is Sprint going to launch the phone on the date, when HP announces the date?
    Jessica: May be, but as I told we are not aware of this as this is the decision of the higher authorities that when the phone is going to launch.
    You: okay, but before i leave you are 100% sure that the HP Pre3 with webOS will launch on Sprint..
    Jessica: Yes definitely it will be launched with sprint.
    Jessica: I appreciate your choice for the phone.
    You: Thanks, i just love webOS!
    she spells comment..... commit? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    she spells comment..... commit? really?
    Hey, the CSR I talked to said the "PLAM PRE".
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    When are people going to realize that comments by the online support doesnt mean ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    So, check out this interesting tidbit (but keep it quiet, mmkay?) posted here: ??????

me like. Especially since it says sprint music plus. That was never an app on the sprint pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think it's pretty clear Sprint is not getting a Pre 3 by now. If not please all who still think it's coming put your money where your mouth is now. Daddy needs money to switch to Verizon

Anyway here's a big reason why it's not coming:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3000313-post1.html (second paragraph from the bottom)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Tempted to take that bet, after reading the OP's latest post over on that thread.

EDIT: here's his statement:
    You still willing to place that bet?

Exclusive: Pre 3 not coming to Sprint | This is my next...