View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    I spoke to someone covering "Dan" at Sprint today. I'd have to say that my conversation with the woman seemed more forthright and genuine than some of the calls I've seen logged here. The call came after several email games of tag when I was unavailable for nearly two weeks. In each new email I posted more about why I was disatisfied and thinking of moving my FOUR lines including my TWO Pre-'s over to another carrier.

The woman mentioned some curious things to me which I'll summarize here:
    • Her sister had a Pre- and they have talked quite a bit about WebOS being a superior OS and how nice it would be if it Sprint would offer the Pre3 and other WebOS phones right away.
    • According to her Sprint is waiting on HP for some decision making. She wouldn't elaborate but said they continue to be in talks with HP and that there are some hurdles to get over that remain in HP's ball court.
    • The emails from Pre- users on Sprint ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. She actually suggested I tell more people to email "Dan" so that this can gain even more momentum.
    • The Pre3 and WebOS is getting more and more face-time in meetings at Sprint because of our emails.
    • All of the CSR's are complaining that they'd really like to see the Pre3 get offered by Sprint, that Sprint make an announcement about it so that they have something to tell all the callers that call in about it.

The last thing she said to me was that it was her understanding that the soonest any of the carriers is going to see the Pre3 would be roughly the beginning of September but that we should keep up the email campaign if we want to see Sprint carry it.

OK,... that's all I have for my occasional 2-cents on the forums.

Nearly a day-1 Pre- user.
    A bad day on Pre- is still better than a good day on my business partner's Android/Motorola phone.
    tmark86 and Apollo2X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenleuck View Post

The emails from Pre- users on Sprint ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. She actually suggested I tell more people to email "Dan" so that this can gain even more momentum.
    What is Dan's email address?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    What is Dan's email address?
    dan@sprint.com

• The emails from Pre- users on Sprint ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. She actually suggested I tell more people to email "Dan" so that this can gain even more momentum.
    stevenleuck,
    I implore you to start a new thread in regards to starting a "Dan Campaign" Because if you want to get people who haven't emailed Dan to do so, then you have to start a new thread. This thread is too big and it is filled with too many silly things (not yours) that puts people off.
    tmark86 and stevenleuck like this.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    done
    tmark86 and Apollo2X like this.
    Dan Hesse, was so happy with the feel and the the look of the original Palm Pre, and Palm WebOS. but now he is not even looking at the Pre3....

Dan Hesse:

Also at 6:55 in the video, he says Palm has a loyal fan base with Sprint that when 66% of the Centro users switched over to Pre they were blown away.

WE STILL HAVE THE LOYAL FAN BASE WITH PALM AND SPRINT DAN!

also, John Rubenstien goes "in the end the Pre is coming together well, and were going to make it the best rock solid product in the world and thats what we're gonna do."

ahahah, thats a joke^
    Last edited by zacky59; 06/29/2011 at 12:02 AM.
    tmark86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Dan Hesse, was so happy with the feel and the the look of the original Palm Pre, and Palm WebOS. but now he is not even looking at the Pre3....

Dan Hesse:

Also at 6:55 in the video, he says Palm has a loyal fan base with Sprint that when 66% of the Centro users switched over to Pre they were blown away.

WE STILL HAVE THE LOYAL FAN BASE WITH PALM AND SPRINT DAN!

also, John Rubenstien goes "in the end the Pre is coming together well, and were going to make it the best rock solid product in the world and thats what we're gonna do."

ahahah, thats a joke^
    Feel free to add your voice and e-mail dan@sprint.com. The more people who voice their concerns the better regarding Sprint's future webOS support.

If you or anyone you know hasn't already e-mailed dan@sprint.com please do so now before responding to this or any other Sprint/webOS complaint threads.
    The emails from Pre- users on Sprint ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. She actually suggested I tell more people to email "Dan" so that this can gain even more momentum.
    Sprint doesn't think we are vocal enough yet. The response I got said, "At this time it has not been determined if we will offer any new WebOS devices. Our management team is currently reviewing feedback about interest in new WebOS phones."
    Quote Originally Posted by doona View Post
    Sprint doesn't think we are vocal enough yet. The response I got said, "At this time it has not been determined if we will offer any new WebOS devices. Our management team is currently reviewing feedback about interest in new WebOS phones."
    All the more reason to keep contacting them by dropping an email to dan@sprint.com
  10. mus
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    All the more reason to keep contacting them by dropping an email to dan@sprint.com
    I think we should inform them of consumer interest by all leaving Sprint to pick up the Pre 3 on the other carriers. Nothing tugs at a corporations heart strings like $. (I'm not convinced that we can beg/implore our way into their decision making.)
    Yes it will cost more now but we may realize more favorable options in 2 years when we're up for renewals.
    I spoke to someone covering "Dan" at Sprint today. I'd have to say that my conversation with the woman seemed more forthright and genuine than some of the calls I've seen logged here. The call came after several email games of tag when I was unavailable for nearly two weeks. In each new email I posted more about why I was disatisfied and thinking of moving my FOUR lines including my TWO Pre-'s over to another carrier.

The woman mentioned some curious things to me which I'll summarize here:
    • Her sister had a Pre- and they have talked quite a bit about WebOS being a superior OS and how nice it would be if it Sprint would offer the Pre3 and other WebOS phones right away.
    • According to her Sprint is waiting on HP for some decision making. She wouldn't elaborate but said they continue to be in talks with HP and that there are some hurdles to get over that remain in HP's ball court.
    • The Pre3 and WebOS is getting more and more face-time in meetings at Sprint because of our emails.
    • All of the CSR's are complaining that they'd really like to see the Pre3 get offered by Sprint, that Sprint make an announcement about it so that they have something to tell all the callers that call in about it.

The last thing she said to me was that it was her understanding that the soonest any of the carriers is going to see the Pre3 would be roughly the beginning of September but that we should keep up the email campaign if we want to see Sprint carry it.

OK,... that's all I have for my occasional 2-cents on the forums.

Nearly a day-1 Pre- user.
    A bad day on Pre- is still better than a good day on my business partner's Android/Motorola phone.
    We moved 14 lines over in june of 2009 and I am prepared to do the same to att or verizon for the pre3 if there is no announcement of a new webos device (other than the veer) by the time the pre3 comes out for the competition.

I emailed dan to that affect. I urge you all to do the same.
    Tikkanen and Apollo2X like this.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    FWIW Sprint called me the other day to ask why I left, and I told them I wanted to stay with webOS and they offered me no options. Not sure what it is worth, but hopefully actual dollars lost will sink in for them. I'd love to come back one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mus View Post
    I think we should inform them of consumer interest by all leaving Sprint to pick up the Pre 3 on the other carriers. Nothing tugs at a corporations heart strings like $. (I'm not convinced that we can beg/implore our way into their decision making.)
    Yes it will cost more now but we may realize more favorable options in 2 years when we're up for renewals.

Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    FWIW Sprint called me the other day to ask why I left, and I told them I wanted to stay with webOS and they offered me no options. Not sure what it is worth, but hopefully actual dollars lost will sink in for them. I'd love to come back one day.
    Both of these, sure e-mails and phone calls are good, but for as many people that have contacted Sprint I am sure Sprint has looked at the numbers and seen many other WebOS users sign contracts with other non-WebOS phones.

Sprint doesn't care what phone you use if you are signing contracts, until Sprint sees a big enough loss that will make them notice, the e-mails mean nothing. Especially if Sprint is actually getting the iPhone.

The real problem for everyone here is that Sprint knows that for every 100 e-mails or phone calls, only a certain number of folks are going to leave. For those of us leaving (or that have left) at this point there are fewer than the amount of people saying they can't/won't leave Sprint for any number of reasons. Carrying WebOS is NOT going to be a huge windfall for Sprint, and not carrying WebOS most likely won't result in a mass exodus.

Sadly lots of folks haven't done the math or calculated current Sprint plans or are grandfathered into crazy low cost plans, I honestly believe there are more people that could actually afford to leave Sprint that still think Sprint is the cheapest (I know this is not true for EVERY Sprint user). As someone who has been with Sprint for years, and thought we wouldn't be able to get the same deal elsewhere, I will be saving money going to AT&T (and no longer have to deal with carrier locked phones as we do with CDMA).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Got a call from "Dan" about my email concerning the Pre3. No plans as of yet for new WebOS phones, although "Dan" does enjoy his current Pixi phone. Lots of new great phones on the horizon, but no confirmation of WebOS.

LAME!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Finally! Proof positive! I was harassing HP about not purchasing a Touchpad until WebOs is on Sprint when I was transferred to another dept.

Then I heard the light!

Yes......that snappy Sprint background music on a HP phone call.

The God's have spoken.

Sprint will have WebOs.
    Uhmmmm ????? Bet they transferred you to Sprint. LOL
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Both of these, sure e-mails and phone calls are good, but for as many people that have contacted Sprint I am sure Sprint has looked at the numbers and seen many other WebOS users sign contracts with other non-WebOS phones.
    I have ran the Evo for 30 days and Nexus S 4g for 30 days. I just picked up the EVO 3d and I most likely will be returning it before 30. I am doing my part dammit! Weasled out of the 35 restocking fee as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I have ran the Evo for 30 days and Nexus S 4g for 30 days. I just picked up the EVO 3d and I most likely will be returning it before 30. I am doing my part dammit! Weasled out of the 35 restocking fee as well.
    Doing your part to convince them not to carry WebOS? My point was they know they aren't losing real numbers to not carrying an HP phone. They care about subscribers, not what phone they carry.

The numbers that matter are those of us that have carrier Palm devices and are now leaving because of no HP/Palm devices.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I wonder how many people are actually doing that? My guess is the number is really small. Switching plans and more than likely paying more just for a Webos phone? That's just ridiculous.
    I did it, and I am paying $6 more/month. Not really ridiculous. Especially since had I gotten a new Android phone with Sprint instead, I would be paying $4 more/month than my AT&T due to the new $10 fee.

A choice, yes. A choice everyone is going to make, no. But I don't feel ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Probably nickel and dining to keep that plan low. No turn by turn navigation and a 200 MB data plan.
    2Gb which is plenty for a majority of people. I don't need navigation either, I know the immediate area around where I live and work. If not google maps works like a charm.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by i2y4n; 06/30/2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the quote.