View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Yep, the only reason I'm still on Sprint is that the AT&T Pre3 hasn't launched yet.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I want the pre3 but will hold onto my pre- since it is still operating like new. I will hold out until I see something on sprint. Honestly, I see very little value in att. I would be spending more for less. Not practical.

Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    well I guess I won't be getting a touchpad then.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whfrat View Post
    just as a hopeful reminder there is one consistent rumor. PRE 3 on Sprint after initial release, or late August/earlySept. This is what I was told by a Sprint store manager last month. "Sprint opted out of the initial release but will have it Sept." I have seen similar rumors on here 5 times now.
    Same here, I will probably wait on Sprint before I consider switching.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    <<thread merged>>
    Had a 5 or 10 minute phone call with Joan from Dan Hesse's office yesterday. Not much to report. She says they've been getting a ton of feedback from webOS users that they want the Pre3. She also said the communications all get forwarded on up the line in some fashion so Sprint is listening.

It's nice that I received a call back and everything; I do appreciate the time that takes, but if Sprint is really getting all of this interest in the Pre3 being hurled at them, and that information is moving up the chain, they're setting themselves up IMHO.

No Pre3 means they just don't care, despite the call backs and everything. I'm really sick and tired of waiting. The Pre3 should have been announced by now. We're less than a month from the latest rumored launch dates...
    I think you all missed the answer to end all speculation:

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Bah, when will you all learn!?

Sprint put HP on double-secret probation. That is why they will not make any public statements.

We can close the thread now. Thanks.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    I think you all missed the answer to end all speculation:

LOL

In regards to no announcements for the Pre 3 -- remember, there was no announcement on the Touchpad's release until what, 2 weeks out? The info was leaked and it was about another week before the 'official announcement'.

I know it's frustrating to hear nothing from HP. I wouldn't be surprised that we get short notice for Pre 3 dates/info.

War Eagle!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    My guess is that they stay quiet (about Pre3 or anything else) to keep full focus on the Touchpad upcoming launch on July 1st. I suspect our best chance for hearing any announcements will follow shortly thereafter. I HOPE
    Quote Originally Posted by 1joejoe View Post
    My guess is that they stay quiet (about Pre3 or anything else) to keep full focus on the Touchpad upcoming launch on July 1st. I suspect our best chance for hearing any announcements will follow shortly thereafter. I HOPE
    The HP rep that I saw at Best Buy the other day told me he would know more "after the TouchPad event on Tuesday". Not sure why that would reveal anything, but it could be that HP is doing one thing at a time for the moment. He seemed really hesitant to tell me anything. Not sure if he didn't want to disappoint me or just didn't want to leak anything, but it took him a while to say that he didn't know of anything at the moment.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    one of the touted features on the Touchpad is Touch To Share and with what, the Veer? i dont think so. One of the TP's markets is Enterprise, and the Veer is not in that market.

i could see HP wanting to release the Pre3 after the TP, both as a complementary item to its usage and to continue to gain favorable promotional time and not get lost in multiple.simultaneous launches.

While I think the planning has been poorly implemented if this is the situation, I can see this happening. Then it becomes what carriers and in what order for releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaulds View Post
    well I guess I won't be getting a touchpad then.
    ditto here. The two things that excited me the most about the Touchpad was webOS and it working together with a webOS smartphone.

If I can't get a Pre3, then I don't have webOS phone which leaves me with just a tablet ... something I don't really need. The smartphone integration is what really makes the TP awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rendang View Post
    ditto here. The two things that excited me the most about the Touchpad was webOS and it working together with a webOS smartphone.

If I can't get a Pre3, then I don't have webOS phone which leaves me with just a tablet ... something I don't really need. The smartphone integration is what really makes the TP awesome.
    Then talk with your wallet and tell Sprint to F*** themselves. I am done with the Sprint BS... ATT or VZW, who wants my money the most??? If ATT was subsidizing the Pre2, we would be getting a Veer and Pre2 NOW!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    I want the pre3 but will hold onto my pre- since it is still operating like new. I will hold out until I see something on sprint. Honestly, I see very little value in att. I would be spending more for less. Not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Cosign.
    Prē
    Noob here.

I guess I should add my voice to the numbers of current Sprint customers who are convinced that the Pre3 is not coming to my carrier. It's frustrating.

In a fit of impatience, I actually dropped Sprint a note asking about it. I said that I understood that they seem to be moving to Android in a big way, but that other carriers had all kinds of android phones too. That if they put their eggs in essentially one OS, how would that work for their efforts to develop market share? (e.g., Android fans can get their phones all over the place. webOS fans...well, they'll get it NOT at Sprint). That every move to cut off groups of subscribers would not turn out well for them.

Whatever CSR opened my note escalated it, telling me that I'd hear back in 24 hours.

One week later, I got a reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We do have various different model devices you can choose from or switch to, but if Palm is your preferred choice that is certainly understandable.

As with all our devcies, we do have technical support & repair centers available. If that has not been sufficient then Palm does have their own direct support to help resolve issues.

HP USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses > support > Palm Pre > Sprint

PalmŪ Pre Support

FYI:

Cancellation fee on ptn xxxxxxxxxx is currently $110. The contract is currently 6/2012

Cancellations only occur at the end of the current bill cycle 7/18/11. If porting the numbers then please contact the new provider before that date 7/18/11 to avoid another bill cycle. We cannot cancel numbers that you wish to Port. Porting automatically cancels the number on our end once it is moved to the new provider.

Thank You,

Damian Fernandes
    POP - Retention Escalations

I guess Damian, despite being escalation on *Retention*, didn't feel fit to even TRY to retain me.

Honestly, folks. Sprint isn't getting it. Everyone hanging in there, trying to read the tea leaves based on little signs...it's kinda like in junior high school when you don't know if a girl likes you, so you look, hopefully, for anything. Did she look at me? Oh boy! Hey, we're both wearing green today. Hey, she like coke too!

Whatever.

I've been with them since 1999. But they're not my wife or girlfriend. In fact, I'M GIVING THEM my hard-earned money. And since I am, why should I continue to write a check to a bunch of folks who don't provide the services that I want and whose "retention" people at the escalation level tell you, essentially, to get lost. My wife just got a new phone, so I got a termination fee. But so what? I'm gone.

I'll check back in when VZW gets the Pre3. I'll post my report and link that report back to this post so we all can check on how the migration to Verizon went.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    The HP rep that I saw at Best Buy the other day told me he would know more "after the TouchPad event on Tuesday". Not sure why that would reveal anything, but it could be that HP is doing one thing at a time for the moment. He seemed really hesitant to tell me anything. Not sure if he didn't want to disappoint me or just didn't want to leak anything, but it took him a while to say that he didn't know of anything at the moment.
    Maybe HP wants to get information out there on when the TouchPad's TTS function will be useful with a mainstream device. TTS is obviously part of the core reasons HP would like to make for buying the TouchPad so not knowing when you might be able to use the function is probably going to be an issue.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    That remark really hurt my feelings. Nonetheless, inspite of the fact that my jockstrap keeps interfering with my cheerleading outfit I will remain positive.

Also my Sprint store manager will kick your Sprint store manager's behind.

Lastly, my older sister is in college and she says companies have to sign non-disclosure agreements. But, hey, what does she know. She's not in high school anymore!

Dear Admin, can I request $5 from every doubter (very wise-mature pre-central member) when WeBos comes to Sprint in Sept?
    Last edited by whfrat; 06/27/2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    If Sprint/HP hasn't at least made an announcement by the time ATT is selling the phone, I am gone from Sprint. Only been a customer of theirs forever...yes, I am that old! I want webOS. If I have to change to get them, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Only been a customer of theirs forever...yes, I am that old!
    LOL
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by whfrat View Post
    Dear Admin, can I request $5 from every doubter (very wise-mature pre-central member) when WeBos comes to Sprint in Sept?
    As long as you pay me $5 if its not on Sprint by then. I can't lose with this bet .
    FYI, Sprint uses the 1900 Mhz spectrum while Verizon uses the 800 Mhz spectrum. Overall 800 is better and doesn't need as many towers to cover the same area as 1900. 800 also penetrates buildings better.

I can verify in the SF area this is often true between Sprint and Verizon. I have forced roaming patch installed in my Sprint FrankenPre because of this.

Don't get me wrong Sprint gets good reception overall but when you're inside a building or on the edge of the coverage zone Verizon always wins.

One thing to look forward to if I have to switch.