View Poll Results: Will Sprint Carry The New HP Pre 3 In 2011?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

175 41.27%
  • MAYBE

103 24.29%
  • NO

83 19.58%
  • "WHEN PIGS LEARN HOW TO FLY"

63 14.86%
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I never figured Sprint would treat the Pre 3 like a "flagship" phone. It would be a much lower key situation. Look at how HP announced the TP release date today. It was very low key and the TP is the most important webos product they will release this year.
    Very True! I guess I have just been letting too much of the negative posts here get to me, I do hope Sprint gets the Pre3, have a launch Pre... Some probs with speaker but other than that in great shape and I love it, Have played with Iphone, and Google and keep trying to swipe things off the screen LOL
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    I was going to grab a evo 3d (sense 3.0 sounds sexy, but 3d is a lame gimick to me) to try out, but the announcement of the new moto phone will keep me on the pre- a bit longer, but I have lost all faith in sprint getting a pre3.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I don't think that you can compare HP' marketing with Sprint's. While HP has been low key, Sprint has held events/press conferences with Kyocera and Motorola for 2 launches and is trying to attract as much attention as possible. The fact that Sprint & Moto announced the Photon well ahead of launch and that more devices are coming makes me wonder about Sprint & HP having any immediate future plans.
    My wife dropped a real bombshell on me this week. We've already budgeted for two new TPs, but after the announcement, she said she is going to wait for the 3g connected version. This kinda shocked me on several levels.
    • I didn't realize that she was following the announcments that closely, she's really not a "tech person".
    • I didn't realize she understood the requirement to swich carriers as well as she did
    • I didn't think she'd be willing to wait a few more weeks
    • We've been Sprint customers for a decade, and she knows that the AT&T bill will cost us $20-$30 a month more, but she's still for it.

Sprint's got a few weeks to show some movement, but looks like they well may be losing another long-term customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    My wife dropped a real bombshell on me this week. We've already budgeted for two new TPs, but after the announcement, she said she is going to wait for the 3g connected version. This kinda shocked me on several levels.
    • I didn't realize that she was following the announcments that closely, she's really not a "tech person".
    • I didn't realize she understood the requirement to swich carriers as well as she did
    • I didn't think she'd be willing to wait a few more weeks
    • We've been Sprint customers for a decade, and she knows that the AT&T bill will cost us $20-$30 a month more, but she's still for it.

Sprint's got a few weeks to show some movement, but looks like they well may be losing another long-term customer.
    Maybe you could sell her on the non 3g, get 2 Veer's for free. Buy the non 3G TP, and tether. AT&T includes 4g tethering on the data plans. I am really considering the move to AT&T, just curious with the $20 to $30 a month have you counted the extra $10 per line from Sprint?

My wife isn't super into tech either, so I can put her on a cheaper data plan, plus with the $10 per line from Sprint we are within a few bucks. If I drop my data plan (would kill my option of tethering a TP though), we would be almost $20 less than Sprint w/ AT&T. If Sprint didn't have us under contract we may have already gone to ATT w/ the free Veer's. I want a Pre 3 though, if I could have gotten in on the $50 Veers from Amazon I would have bought 2 to go off contract to ATT.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    Pretty sure that, if Sprint doesn't get the Pre3, I'm gonna take my bat and ball and go to Verizon. I think. Maybe.
    I have a Sprint family plan with 5 WebOS phones. Cost for the same features on Verizon is an extra $100 a month. Cost for the same features on ATT is an extra $150 a month.

I love WebOS. I don't love it enough to spend an extra +$1200 a year.

I'll wait and see if the Pre 3 comes to Sprint. Or if Android starts to copy the WebOS UI in the next year.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    I have a Sprint family plan with 5 WebOS phones. Cost for the same features on Verizon is an extra $100 a month. Cost for the same features on ATT is an extra $150 a month.

I'll wait and see if the Pre 3 comes to Sprint. Or if Android starts to copy the WebOS UI in the next year.
    Hell, there's a chance the iPhone will come to Sprint by fall. If I don't have a new WebOS device by then, iOS 5 is looking pretty slick. I can't believe Sprint would put all their eggs in the Android basket.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Hell, there's a chance the iPhone will come to Sprint by fall. If I don't have a new WebOS device by then, iOS 5 is looking pretty slick. I can't believe Sprint would put all their eggs in the Android basket.
    this.....^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post

Once again, nobody every mentions this... or answers me when they say everyone is more expensive. Are you comparing your plan now to an undiscounted VZW or ATT plan, and are you adding the per line fee to your current Sprint plan.

If you aren't half of that $100 disappears just in the $10 per month fee.

I don't want you to think I'm gettin on you, just seen a lot of people say Sprint is so much cheaper. We stayed with Sprint 2 years ago because it was a good bit cheaper and they had the phone we wanted (checked carrier prices before even attempting to commit to a phone). 2 years later doing the math on undiscounted plans, Sprint is no longer looking that good for us.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I just repriced AT&T using comparable minutes to what I have now(1500), unlimited text, and 4GB data (which I use very close to, but I could drop my wife to 2GB based on her usage). AT&T came out over $200/month before taxes (and employee discount of 25%).

I guess I could really look into how many minutes we really use out of our plan versus anytime minutes and maybe make the numbers work better. Something just seems wrong about moving to less, though. (Ditto VZW, but not as bad right now with unlimited data for the time being).
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Bottom Line for me is I have 5 Phones with unlimited Txt and Data plans on 1500 mins, been with Sprint 12+ years and By calling them they thrown in Extra mins, more nights start at 9pm, etc, with company Disc, after Tax I pay aright at $200 a month. I have tried there is not way AT&T or VZ can come close to matching that with 5 phones unlimted txt and Data.

For Family Plans Sprint is cheaper, more so if you have been lotal a long time by calling the will give you lots of extra's sweaten the deal.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I just repriced AT&T using comparable minutes to what I have now(1500), unlimited text, and 4GB data (which I use very close to, but I could drop my wife to 2GB based on her usage). AT&T came out over $200/month before taxes (and employee discount of 25%).

I guess I could really look into how many minutes we really use out of our plan versus anytime minutes and maybe make the numbers work better. Something just seems wrong about moving to less, though. (Ditto VZW, but not as bad right now with unlimited data for the time being).
    We hardly use any minutes that aren't mobile to mobile. ATT does mobile to mobile free, so I went with the lowest minute plan I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Bottom Line for me is I have 5 Phones with unlimited Txt and Data plans on 1500 mins, been with Sprint 12+ years and By calling them they thrown in Extra mins, more nights start at 9pm, etc, with company Disc, after Tax I pay aright at $200 a month. I have tried there is not way AT&T or VZ can come close to matching that with 5 phones unlimted txt and Data.

For Family Plans Sprint is cheaper, more so if you have been lotal a long time by calling the will give you lots of extra's sweaten the deal.
    Thrown in extra minutes? There are people using 1500 minutes on Sprint (without using a phone for business)? If Sprint had a lower minute family plan, they could probably keep us even with the $10 per a line. We don't come close to 1500 any time minutes.

I have been with Sprint a LONG time, I keep telling all the Sprint faithful hanging onto unlimited data. Hesse will be yanking that soon after VZW does, Sprint won't have a reason to keep unlimited once VZW rolls out their tiered program.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Maybe you could sell her on the non 3g, get 2 Veer's for free. Buy the non 3G TP, and tether. AT&T includes 4g tethering on the data plans. I am really considering the move to AT&T, just curious with the $20 to $30 a month have you counted the extra $10 per line from Sprint?

My wife isn't super into tech either, so I can put her on a cheaper data plan, plus with the $10 per line from Sprint we are within a few bucks. If I drop my data plan (would kill my option of tethering a TP though), we would be almost $20 less than Sprint w/ AT&T. If Sprint didn't have us under contract we may have already gone to ATT w/ the free Veer's. I want a Pre 3 though, if I could have gotten in on the $50 Veers from Amazon I would have bought 2 to go off contract to ATT.
    Actually, you may have just put the nail in the coffin for Sprint. My first thought was "we don't have to pay the $10 per line", but then that's more like we don't currently have to apy the $10 per line. If/when Sprint gets the Pre3, we will. So, that brings the prices closer to parity.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Once again, nobody every mentions this... or answers me when they say everyone is more expensive. Are you comparing your plan now to an undiscounted VZW or ATT plan, and are you adding the per line fee to your current Sprint plan.

If you aren't half of that $100 disappears just in the $10 per month fee.

I don't want you to think I'm gettin on you, just seen a lot of people say Sprint is so much cheaper. We stayed with Sprint 2 years ago because it was a good bit cheaper and they had the phone we wanted (checked carrier prices before even attempting to commit to a phone). 2 years later doing the math on undiscounted plans, Sprint is no longer looking that good for us.
    One thing I will say about Sprint's plan prices compared to what I just looked at with AT&T - unlimited data. Though I priced plans that would likely leave us under the limit, there is something compelling about not having to worry about exceeding minutes are data.
    Actually, you may have just put the nail in the coffin for Sprint. My first thought was "we don't have to pay the $10 per line", but then that's more like we don't currently have to apy the $10 per line. If/when Sprint gets the Pre3, we will. So, that brings the prices closer to parity.
    Don't worry about the extra $10 until you speak with sprint. I have had an account in good standing with them for over 8 years and they let me lock into a new 2 year contract without the extra $10. Nothing to lose by asking.
    One thing I will say about Sprint's plan prices compared to what I just looked at with AT&T - unlimited data. Though I priced plans that would likely leave us under the limit, there is something compelling about not having to worry about exceeding minutes are data.
    I am with you, but at this point it's a crap shoot. By the time Sprint gets the Pre3, will they still be offering unlimited. Folks are hanging their hats on unlimited data. Here's my thought on the unlimited data, shortly after VZW mentioned possibly going to tiered data, Hesse said Sprint may have to consider tiered plans in the future. Since then, VZW has announced they will go to tiered, my guess is Sprint is waiting to see where VZW comes in and then they make the move next. The $10 fee on 3G activations has left me with no faith in Sprint to be the lowest priced carrier, thus leaving me with no faith in them sticking with unlimited data when they would be the only one with it.

Ohh and when I saw that going over your cap is only $10 per gig, I figure if you average a use where your data would be under whatever cap, that month you go over, an extra 10 isn't that bad...
    I wouldnt think to much about the "Unlimited Data" deal. I did for a while to until I looked at how much data I used. I am on my phone a lot primarily for web use, pandora, tethering to my laptop and the highest I have gotten was 800mb...and that is in 2 yrs of having the pre. I jumped ship on Monday to att and the iphone 4. Never thought I would do that being that I was a full fledged webos fanatic. I had patched my pre to the hilt, docotred my pre to 2.1, and eventually sprintified a pre2. But at this point I decided to move on with the thought of maybe coming back when webos "grows up" a little bit. I know that the pre 3 is "coming soon" but even when it does come, the apps wont be there for another year or more, that is if HP gets it right. Cant tell you how much I am loving the iphone 4 and ios. It just works, and works well! The fast app switcher really makes me not miss cards which is suprising and the onscreen keyboard is great. The camera is rock solid and works awesome! And of course the apps.......wow! I hope HP does it right and gets webos as a contedar and dev's swarm in cause I would love to come back someday, but I am very happy with my decision

Ken
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    As for me, I use just under 4gb/month, every month. And I have been as high as about 8gb. So I would have to look hard at what else could be trimmed. Likely minutes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    As for me, I use just under 4gb/month, every month. And I have been as high as about 8gb. So I would have to look hard at what else could be trimmed. Likely minutes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I use 2+ gigs a month (have gotten up into the 3 to 4 gig range some months), if I used more wifi I could probably cut my average use to under 2 gigs (I have wifi at work). So if I focused more on using wifi, the random months I would go over my current 2 gigs plus, I would actually save money in my overall contract term. Plus knowing I can go on ATT.com and change my data plan if I need to is good to know.

I would miss Sprint nav, but don't use it enough that we couldn't use google/bing maps
    I just got back from my local Sprint store and have some info that's not going to make Sprint users happy. Verizon is getting an exclusive on the Pre 3 and Sprint is getting the phone...but not until January! I'm not happy because I'm one of those Sprint users! I believe the temptation to jump to Verizon will be too much for me to continue to hang with Sprint. I've been due an upgrade for a year now but I'm not waiting 6 more months to use it. I will be picking one up from Verizon and paying the piper whatever it takes. There's still no credible info on HP's future devices and where they will land (not to mention I have to have a physical keyboard). This is a big FAIL by Sprint to not take care of webOS early adopters and could be a huge fail by HP to give so many early adopters reason to switch to an Android/Apple device. What are they thinking....seriously!?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!